WaterWorld | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh...I was hoping they wouldn't resort to fake guns, but you had to have seen the writing on the wall when they installed the new speakers. The number one selling feature of the new sound system is precision - they control exactly where the sound goes. Makes sense once you connect the dots.

Shame about the replacement sound effects though. I wish they could record the actual sound each gun makes and replace it with that. If Terminator can recreate realistic gunfire, so can WaterWorld.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the revised show today. The show sounds better, but I didn't think it was a massive improvement. Shame to see all the weapons neutered.

The new fight scene sound effects sound good, but the new gunshots sound way too loud in proportion to the rest of the audio - almost to the point of distortion.

Eh...I was hoping they wouldn't resort to fake guns, but you had to have seen the writing on the wall when they installed the new speakers. The number one selling feature of the new sound system is precision - they control exactly where the sound goes. Makes sense once you connect the dots.

Shame about the replacement sound effects though. I wish they could record the actual sound each gun makes and replace it with that. If Terminator can recreate realistic gunfire, so can WaterWorld.

Which gunfire in Terminator was recreated? Just the laser gun used later in the show right?

Which gunfire in Terminator was recreated? Just the laser gun used later in the show right?
If I don't recall, it was any time they were aiming the weapons towards the screens. But it's been almost a year since I last saw it. X(
Yes, but I was also referring to the general sound effects during the entire show (minus Sarah and the Terminator's actual guns). They all sound much more realistic.

WaterWorld has a nice gatling gun sound effect, so I'm not sure what's up with their odd shotgun and gun replacements.

Yes, but I was also referring to the general sound effects during the entire show (minus Sarah and the Terminator's actual guns). They all sound much more realistic.

WaterWorld has a nice gatling gun sound effect, so I'm not sure what's up with their odd shotgun and gun replacements.
Silly Jon, the odd shotgun and gun replacements are "good enough!" What more do you want? ;)

Reactions: Chris and Bonkers
After a few more watches, I think WaterWorld is definitely sounding a bit better. It also appears as if they're reintroduced a few sound effects back into the show (the toxic tank has a bubbling sound now).

In all, I think I can get used to the new sound. Give it a few listens before making a final conclusion because it might grow on you.

Reactions: Krusty
I just saw Waterworld for the first time since the sound change and I've got to say I really like both the new sound effects and the overall quality of the sound! My sister saw the show for the first time in her life and really enjoyed it. I told her I'll make her watch the movie now and she can join me in being one of the few people who love it. Haha.

They're getting better with their gunshot timing and it's actually remarkable how on-mark they usually are.

I'd be interested to see the show a few months from now once they've fixed the glitches.

It's routine, isn't it? I recall they do this almost every year.

If anything, I hope they continue to add more subwoofers, because...you know...more is better.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but they removed the flare line from Helen's position to the Deacon. Helen just fires a flare now.

They been doing that in Japan and Tokyo since they opened. I liked that line rocket better. I've noticed for the last several months they've had problems with it - not making it all the way across. I saw one show where it blew up in it's container. Sure shook up Helen. It was wicked loud where we were sitting I can only imagine how loud it was right next to her.