WaterWorld | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

WaterWorld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The idea of seeing the Wizarding World next to Waterworld just fascinates me. I don't know why. It reminds me of that picture Jon posted awhile back with the castle behind the atole. :lol:
A moment for me in Japan was the feeling and experience of riding the JAWS ride and feeling like I was in Orlando.  Just after exiting the boathouse I see the opening flare of Waterworld just next door.  Suddenly, I realized I wasn't in Kansas anymore!  LOL

That park in Japan had an immense feeling to it.  The size and scope of Orlando with Hollywood attractions.  I really want to go back there before I go to Singapore.

This is a temporary rig until they get the new Bose line array up.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those going to the park today, be sure to check out seating area 2. You'll have to look up for this one.

First truss is up. Second one (house right, I think) is going up tonight.

This is biig stuff. Just fo WaterWorld? Or are their plans to 1) do more and bigger shows there. 2) remove WW for another show?

Reactions: Jon Fu
First truss is up. Second one (house right, I think) is going up tonight.

This is biig stuff. Just fo WaterWorld? Or are their plans to 1) do more and bigger shows there. 2) remove WW for another show?
That's an excellent question, and one I've raised internally with our staff. This seems like an unusually large investment for an existing show.

By the way, do you have any ideas on how they're able to implement the Bose line array in this theater? The Bose RoomMatch system they're planning to use seems to be dramatically different than the point-and-shoot boxes that are currently in the theater.

I'm not knowledgeable in the field of professional audio by any means, but this seems like a radical departure from the theater's existing system. I'd be curious to see how it eventually turns out.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're going to hoist a single array like this up in the center of each seating area:

osrfie.jpg

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Looks like guest complaints about the audio were the driving force for the recent change.

I'm guessing with the recent uptick in construction, the park wants to address complaints about their best rated show before Potter construction goes into gear post Labor Day.

Either way, I'd be surprised if the show were to go away anytime soon with the recent upgrade.

Reactions: Krusty
Looks like guest complaints about the audio were the driving force for the recent change.

I'm guessing with the recent uptick in construction, the park wants to address complaints about their best rated show before Potter construction goes into gear post Labor Day.

Either way, I'd be surprised if the show were to go away anytime soon with the recent upgrade.
That's wonderful news!

Now if only they'd do something about those jet skis.... ;)