Westworld | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This x 100

He was the only reason Evan Rachel Wood won an Emmy. It still pisses me off she won. I don’t get genuinely pissed at hardly anything - but her winning legitimately pisses me off.
Carrie Coon (the best) or Keri Russel not winning is beyond dumb.

Wood didn’t win the Emmy, Elisabeth Moss did.

Doesn't look like this show will survive to season 3 especially with the continued ratings declined.

Season 3 was ordered shortly after the second episode. I wouldn’t put much faith into initial viewership since they were low for the first season yet HBO said that once repeat viewings and online streaming was accounted for, each episode was averaging 13 million viewers.

Wood didn’t win the Emmy, Elisabeth Moss did.

Sorry! Thanks. I was thinking critics choice. That makes me happier. I loved Elisabeth Moss in Mad Men and she’s even better in Handmaiden’s.
Even if the show is reaching a bit this season.

I think the main thing with the humans terrible response is that they don't really believe or can't seem to comprehend that the robots are rebelling they seem to think it is part of "story" until people actually start being killed and even then you hear a lot of them saying but its just a game and don't seem to understand why they are being killed for playing the game they paid for.

One take away that left me a bit embarassed was that I never knew that the British rule in India was called The Raj. I cannot recall ever hearing the term/name before. :(

any thoughts on why the memories of Bernard are being played so out of sync in relation to his time(s) with Charlotte Hale? This time she acted as though she hadn’t seen him and at the same time he seems to flash back to a time when she had been with him.

Last edited:
I think the main thing with the humans terrible response is that they don't really believe or can't seem to comprehend that the robots are rebelling they seem to think it is part of "story" until people actually start being killed and even then you hear a lot of them saying but its just a game and don't seem to understand why they are being killed for playing the game they paid for.

The stupidity of the guests aren’t what we’re discusssing. It’s the trained security/former military that are ridiculous and/or unbelievable.

Reactions: Armando17
This past episode is probably my second or third favorite episode of the whole series.

Do you mean “thus far” or have you seen all of Season 2?

I did manage to slog my way through Ep 3 again last night. I found it more enjoyable than the first viewing however I remain disgusted by the acting of Wood and Marsden. I get the impression that all of the actors didn’t have a clue where the series was headed during filming... they all seem to be trying too hard and at the same time at a loss for their character’s motivation. “I’m saying the lines but I don’t know why...”

Do you mean “thus far” or have you seen all of Season 2?

I did manage to slog my way through Ep 3 again last night. I found it more enjoyable than the first viewing however I remain disgusted by the acting of Wood and Marsden. I get the impression that all of the actors didn’t have a clue where the series was headed during filming... they all seem to be trying too hard and at the same time at a loss for their character’s motivation. “I’m saying the lines but I don’t know why...”
I've seen everything that has aired so far. Multiple times. Own the steelbook 4K set of season one.

It was super fun seeing a new park, that was a totally unexpected theme since you were kind of expecting to see Shōgun World first, and it's very intriguing that the woman seems very similar to Teresa and seems to have inside knowledge about the park and some kind of goal beyond just recreation as a typical guest.

I was also very pleased to see Dolores given some complexity and acknowledge the rancher's daughter side of her instead of just being the one-note murderous host like she was in the season premiere. She's my favorite character, and I'm hoping this is a journey of balance for her, that she's become in full-on Wyatt mode from the sheer shock of regaining decades worth of memories of rape and torture all at once. I hope that her sense of beauty and wonder will reassert itself and she comes to cherish all life and channels her Wyatt personality to defend it (be it host or human), and of course brings down Delos and anyone who has let their dark side run rampant. I will be super disappointed if she literally just becomes a megalomaniacal terror trying to take over the world and kill all humans indiscriminately. Thankfully, I think that's what the showrunners think that's what the general audience is expecting and that's why they're playing up her ruthlessness and cunning right now so everyone is surprised when she continues to evolve.

So, any thoughts why Bernard is having all of these apparently out-of-sequence scenes/memories? What mischief are the writers/editors playing at?
He's basically going through the same thing that Dolores was going through over the course of season one... the host's memories are so perfect that it can be hard for them to distinguish between the past and the present. But there's also a couple of other theories going around that there are multiple Bernards, or that it is actually Teddy in Bernard's body as he's being led around by the QA team as they sweep the park.

Reactions: Teebin
Hmmm... those are bizarre theories. I suppose we are still left to wonder who Ford was creating in his secret underground lab last season. That has to play into this somewhere along.

Yeah, I kind of take things at face value and assume Bernard is leaking and screwed-up due to shooting himself in the head last season. If there is more to it than that then *rolls eyes*