Westworld | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Westworld

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I found Ep. 2 to be more compelling than 1. 1 struck me as “we have a big budget for season 2 so lets spend it on wicked cool stuff even if it makes no sense”.

It is still a bit unclear to me what Delores capabilities are compared to Maeve. We saw Maeve dial up her own settings last season after all.

The man in black stuff is beginning to seem silly. End of the season last year “There is no secret puzzle” and this year “But wait, there is a secret puzzle and I will provide hints through the hosts”. Tiresome.

It was interesting seeing Logan again... after his naked horseback ride... It made complete sense the way that they played it. I wonder if he will ever appear in “present day” as an old man.

Keep in mind regarding the Man in Black situation- Ford clearly had a come to Jesus realization regarding the AI/Robots. Where he previously viewed them as mechanical incarnations, he eventually saw them through the eyes of Arnold and wanted to set them free.

So I'm curious if he is either A) Trying to get the Man in Black to also have a similar revelation through his "final game". Or, B) he is doing this all as some giant "F You" to him. Essentially putting him in an unwinnable situation, where he thinks he has a chance but ultimately will see everything he worked so hard for in his life come crumbling down.
I'd think B.

ETA: Westworld is a good show, but it's not great. The primary objective of it seems to be the puzzle, and not the story. Hyper-analyzation of plot lines and intentionally leaving out important items simply to drum up hype, mystery and puzzle. It's good for what it is, and I enjoy the hell out of it- but you have to view the show a little differently to enjoy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Peeking at #Westworld on twitter I learned that:

The scene with the confederados all sitting side by side at the long table in S2 E2 was a play on Leonardo Da Vinci’s painting The Last Supper. Crazy stuff that I would have never noticed.

Reactions: LieutLaww
Well, the only thing I am really interested in tonight is Felix’s return. I have no idea in what capacity or duration.

Otherwise, I have attempted rewatching the first two episodes once again and they just fall short for me and I stop. I find some of the dialog to be so cliche that I know what some characters are going to say before they say it. That is a true bore for me compared to last season where I hung on every line of dialogue.

Reactions: Andysol
Well, the only thing I am really interested in tonight is Felix’s return. I have no idea in what capacity or duration.

Otherwise, I have attempted rewatching the first two episodes once again and they just fall short for me and I stop. I find some of the dialog to be so cliche that I know what some characters are going to say before they say it. That is a true bore for me compared to last season where I hung on every line of dialogue.
I loved season 1. I have not enjoyed season 2 at all. If it wasn't for the Ed Harris character I wouldn't be watching at all. His storyline has been the only interesting one.

I think last night’s episode was my favorite of the season so far.

The Raj reveal was a clever misdirection for those waiting for Shogun World (which we got as well) and I was hoping that we’d see a robot-human battle sooner rather than later and it didn’t disappoint.

I loved season 1. I have not enjoyed season 2 at all. If it wasn't for the Ed Harris character I wouldn't be watching at all. His storyline has been the only interesting one.

^ Thanks, I was worried that I was all alone in my opinion.

Not having Anthony Hopkins in either episode hurts. He was great in every scene he did.

Agree with all of these quotes, not watched 3 yet but the first two haven't got me hooked like last season did. I thought this season has more of a walking dead feel to it that west world as we knew it, I got bored with WD years ago.

I did read a review by someone who had seen the first 4/5 episodes, he moved on to say it was a slow build but but picked up and started coming together around ep.4. With that in mind I haven't totally given up on it but after the first two it's a thumbs down :thumbsdown:

Yeah, I kept tapping the screen last night to bring up the time remaining. I was that unenthralled. The opening took last year from remotely plausible to “OH C’MON!!!” And I was already preparing myself for the known Samuri scenario...

From my perspective, it would have been a better play if any of the additional lands were set as “in early development”. It was already established last season that those in management and above had their hands very full with Westworld. Ford dressed in western garb etc. and was, along with Bernard, completely absorbed with the expansionist American west. Anything else should have been in blue sky stages.

What they are presenting now is completely and utterly preposterous.

Episode 3 was pretty good. Lots of action. Although I question why the "humans" appear to be stupid/have no actual military strategy.
:agree:
This is the first episode of the new season I have enjoyed. Completely busted credibility. The troops have superior weapons and planning so they do a light weapons frontal assault? Oh brother.

Not having Anthony Hopkins in either episode hurts. He was great in every scene he did.
This x 100

He was the only reason Evan Rachel Wood won an Emmy. It still pisses me off she won. I don’t get genuinely pissed at hardly anything - but her winning legitimately pisses me off.
Carrie Coon (the best) or Keri Russel not winning is beyond dumb.

That said- Evan Rachel Wood has acted much better this season in my eyes. By no means “best actress” material, but better than the clever editing alongside the brilliant Hopkins (and Jeffrey Wright) done in season 1.

Episode 3 was pretty good. Lots of action. Although I question why the "humans" appear to be stupid/have no actual military strategy.
No doubt.

Doesn't look like this show will survive to season 3 especially with the continued ratings declined.
Absurdity and stupidity hasn’t stopped GoT ratings, this should’ve waited an extra season.

I’m still enjoying this season enough for what it is- There are still mysteries I’m curious about.
The first season wasn’t spectacular, just very engaging and entertaining. It was new and had tons of mystery about it. And, well, Hopkins. That, and it challenged us to appeal towards robots and not humans. Those are the two biggest flaws, for sure.
But this season... even Maive hasn’t been nearly as good this season.

Reactions: Teebin
Doesn't look like this show will survive to season 3 especially with the continued ratings declined.

Have the ratings been down? I am not sure where one finds that info.

That said, I have been pondering cancellation of my HBONow account considering this show was the only reason that I have held onto it.

I think the show needs to spend a little more time making the humans look less like "stupid" villains. The show is more interesting when the humans and AI meet head to head. Are we supposed to be rooting for the end of human civilization?

After watching the terrible response of the humans to the robot uprising I am concerned. I wonder if Disney has a sufficient strategy if the Pirates of the Caribbean animatronics attack. At least I hope there are cutlasses hidden under the seats so we have a fighting chance.