What do you shoot with? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Any one have any experience with Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX? I'm thinking about picking one up. They're only $200 and I've heard they're good in low light with no flash. Thoughts?

Any one have any experience with Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX? I'm thinking about picking one up. They're only $200 and I've heard they're good in low light with no flash. Thoughts?

own it and love it. another great cheap lens is the 50mm f/1.8D for $135 its an even better investment if you plan on upgrading to an FX camera from DX.

own it and love it. another great cheap lens is the 50mm f/1.8D for $135 its an even better investment if you plan on upgrading to an FX camera from DX.
I shoot on a D40 atm. I'm thinking about buying a D90 or D3100 so no plans on going FX yet. But thank you. I'm reading lots of good reviews on this lens so it's quite possible I might pick it up soon.

I shoot on a D40 atm. I'm thinking about buying a D90 or D3100 so no plans on going FX yet. But thank you. I'm reading lots of good reviews on this lens so it's quite possible I might pick it up soon.

a few tips:
dont get the D90 its officially discontinued.
always buy up. not the model that replaced yours but the one better than that. dont buy old models such as the D90 (they are about to be replaced or have been replaced by the D7000 in the D90's case)
always buy body only. its cheaper than with a kit lens. (makes up for buying up)
dont hold on to cameras for too long cause they lose value very quickly. and the more shutter actuation's on it aren't helping resale value either.

a few tips:
dont get the D90 its officially discontinued.
always buy up. not the model that replaced yours but the one better than that. dont buy old models such as the D90 (they are about to be replaced or have been replaced by the D7000 in the D90's case)
always buy body only. its cheaper than with a kit lens. (makes up for buying up)
dont hold on to cameras for too long cause they lose value very quickly. and the more shutter actuation's on it aren't helping resale value either.
I always buy body. I already have compatible lenses with D90 and 3100 so that's no issue for me.

I guess I am not the only one who is trying to pick up a new low light lens before this October...

I guess I am not the only one who is trying to pick up a new low light lens before this October...
Yea and with the Auto ISO of the 5100 that packaged deal might seriously be a god send. Atm I am TERRIBLE at shooting low light. I think it's the body and the lens I am shooting on along with ignorance on how to properly do it on my part.

I might make the jump this year also, however I just don't know that we will have the photo ops, at HHNs anyway, that we had last year.]
But I do want to get better at night or low light shots for sure.

I might make the jump this year also, however I just don't know that we will have the photo ops, at HHNs anyway, that we had last year.]
But I do want to get better at night or low light shots for sure.
Well there is always streets, and then HOS has some great opportunities for night shots as well. I personally feel like the parks, especially Islands and Magic Kingdom are even more photogenic at night if you can take the shots.

Well there is always streets, and then HOS has some great opportunities for night shots as well. I personally feel like the parks, especially Islands and Magic Kingdom are even more photogenic at night if you can take the shots.

Where I really wanted it was on the Hauntcon tours there were a lot of pics that didn't get taken for lack of lense.... not going to happen next time.
There will always be things to take pics of at HOS and HHNs but last year was just an awesome set up for snappin.
Thinking about joining a meet up group or taking lessons but don't know if i want to spend the money for a new (or used) camera right now.

I used to use a simple Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W310 with a 4GB, but...

TODAYYYYYYYY I got a Canon sx210 IS with 14x zoom and 14.1 MP! :)happy:^5437829)

But here's the catch: I got it for $60. /happyspree

Anyone got experience of the Panasonic Micro four thirds range (Lumix G1/G10/G2)? I've thought they look pretty cool since the G1 came out, and am sorely tempted to get a G2 now to replace my Cybershot. I want it for holiday really, it looks like a nice compromise for the parks between lugging my full size DSLR or only having the shot quality of my S980.

Last edited: