What do you shoot with? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I didn't get the T3i. I have the T3, which I got on a huge deal for 420.

Personal savings, fair excuse. But generally canons are more expensive when compared on a Nikon of the same level.

- - - Updated - - -

Canons are better for lower light settings.

Not true. Several tests consistently show that Nikon sensors have the edge at with less noise at higher ISOs. When up against a Canon at the same level.

Personal savings, fair excuse. But generally canons are more expensive when compared on a Nikon of the same level.

Yea. I've been looking to jump into DSLR, but I could never justify spending 600+ on a camera and then shelling out for lenses and accessories on top of it. But the deal I found this past week for $420 was too good for me to pass up. Now I can get another lens or two to go along with my kit one, and a tripod/shutter remote for the same amount as one camera would have cost me.

Yea. I've been looking to jump into DSLR, but I could never justify spending 600+ on a camera and then shelling out for lenses and accessories on top of it. But the deal I found this past week for $420 was too good for me to pass up. Now I can get another lens or two to go along with my kit one, and a tripod/shutter remote for the same amount as one camera would have cost me.

the best lens to add on to any new kit would be a 50mm f/1.8 so go buy the canon one its $105 on amazon

Not true. Several tests consistently show that Nikon sensors have the edge at with less noise at higher ISOs. When up against a Canon at the same level.

Well I've shot with both and personally felt that Canon was better, but hey I'll take the word of several tests.

And the Nikon has a larger sensor. Side by side the Nikon has better specs but sometimes that doesn't means its a better camera.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-T3i-vs-Nikon-D5100

It's definitely not all about specs. It's about putting those specs to test. I'm glad no one buys cameras based on megapixel count. Because buying on that means that Canon DSLRs have more MPs than Nikons and are cheaper.

But that fact is one reason Nikons have better low light quality. Bigger sensors plus less MPs means it can capture more light.

It's definitely not all about specs. It's about putting those specs to test. I'm glad no one buys cameras based on megapixel count. Because buying on that means that Canon DSLRs have more MPs than Nikons and are cheaper.

But that fact is one reason Nikons have better low light quality. Bigger sensors plus less MPs means it can capture more light.

Also its what each of the manufacturers do with those specs that will make the camera better than others. Perfect example, some Nikons use sensors that are made by Sony and used in a lot of their cameras and what ever tweaking Nikon does to those sensors just blows away Sony when comparing low light shots in cameras using that same sensor

- - - Updated - - -

It comes down to personal preference, I personally prefer Nikon, and I'm shooting on a much older DSLR. As long as you're shooting quality shots it doesn't matter if you use Sony, Nikon or Canon as far as I'm concerned.

Nope, Sony A200 here. In addition to the kit lens, I also have a 75-300mm, and will hopefully be adding either an UWA or fisheye to my arsenal by the time I head west next year.

I started with the A390 and after about 6 months sold it and got the A55. I love the features mine has but eventually want to work my way to a full frame camera. One day when i have $$$ ill get there lol. I currently have the Rokinon 8mm fisheye that I love, took a little getting used to manual focusing but once i figured out how to zoom focus its been all good. What 75-300mm do you use?

The low end Sony lens. It isn't too bad, really. I love using it at Animal Kingdom and Busch Gardens, as well as when I'm out in the parks and reserves in the area.

I'd love to upgrade to either the 57 or 65, although I'm not sure how I feel about the electronic viewfinder. If I switch brands (which I would consider if I'm upgrading my body at this stage), I'd really love to step up to the Canon 60D if I could swing it. My dream would be the 7D, but that is way out of my realistic range for many years.

Also thinking about picking up the cheaper Sony 50mm. I've gotten some great feedback on it, so I'd feel confident enough to buy it.