What do you shoot with? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It'll probably be a point and shoot. I've been looking and I've got one in mind...
I don't have any experience with a DSLR, and my sister will probably be getting the same camera, so a point and shoot will work out well for both of us.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...gId=-1&productId=8198552921666416721#overview

My mother is considering one of these for my sister, and herself. Would this be a good option for a two-week road trip (and obviously after the trip we'll be using them).

I don't recommend Sony cameras because of the proprietary card they use.

Get the most expense Canon or Nikon point and shoot you can

- from a former electronics store employee and employed full time in film now

I have a DSLR and a point and shoot. My DSLR is a Canon and my point and shoot is a Sony. Both brands are great and if your budget only allows you the Sony go for it. I have a Sony Cybershot 14.1MP I picked up for about 130 bucks over a year and half ago. The colors and clarity it gets for a camera that only costs 130 bucks are incredible.

Frogki, here are a few pictures can you tell what camera was used without cheating?

o0uqz5.jpg

orruxz.jpg

rub0g9.jpg

svmlp1.jpg

ixdy5w.jpg

106lhle.jpg

Hmm. Would those be Sony photos? lol
Well I'm looking at all the options. I liked the Sony - and my camera teacher is helping me look for photos as well, so I'll let you know what I decide on. The Sony was my favorite from the beginning, but the whole SD card thing discouraged me from buying a Sony. But I love your photos, and it has the panoramic option I really want...
Anyway, I'll let you know what I decide on soon...

The top 4 are from the Sony and the bottom 2 are from my Canon DSLR.

I shoot with a Canon 7D. I use a 18-55mm 3.5 5.6/f, 28-135mm 3.5 5.6/f and 50mm 1.8/f lens'. Tripod, shutter remote, vertical grip and 2 batteries. :happy:

I picked up a Sony A55 a few months ago and prior to that had a Sony A390.

Lenses I use
Tamron 17-55mm f/2.8
Rokinon 8mm Fisheye f/3.5
Sony 55-200mm f/4-5.6
Sony 35mm f/1.8

Really cool video on how to do High Speed Photography

[video=youtube;x0sATDVCTME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0sATDVCTME&feature=plcp[/video]

Does anyone here own the canon 50MM 1.4 Lens?

I just got myself a Canon EOS Rebel T3 with 55-250mm f/4-5.6 lens. Any recommendations for lenses and other accessories?

If you plan on shooting some night stuff or dark rights id look into either a 50mm or 35mm f/1.8 or even a f/1.4 if you can spare the extra $. The f/1.8 lenses you can get for relatively cheap as far as lenses go and are great for low light shooting. Dont forget extra memory cards and batteries lol.