What Does IOA Need? | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Maybe they could make a IASW styled dark ride themed to Calvin and Hobbes. Surprised those two aren't at Toon Lagoon somewhere.

I don't think there needs any new rides right now. Maybe another attraction in Superhero Island and get rid of Dr Doom. Something dedicated to Iron Man or the Avengers? But because Disney have Marvel now, I doubt that'll happen ey?

I'd say that Sinbad should go but I'm just going to tell myself those plans have already been made as part of the WWOHP expansion.

Lost Continent aside, Seuss needs a mega face-life in the ride-department. Cat is perhaps the most pathetic dark ride I have ridden in a very long time and the Sneetches sky train (whatever the official name is) is incoherent and too little too late regarding the expectations that amounted over the years of its inactive state. It also needs a new coat of paint. Everywhere. Poor Horton looks like he has the measles.

Jurassic Park needs so badly a new, non-kiddie ride. The JP ranger Jeep ride that was apparently in the original prospects would suffice. And for crying out loud, move the flipping explorer from the first film by the T-Rex, not the bloody Spinosaur.

Toon Lagoon needs to scrap that lame theater and make a Calvin and Hobbes based minicoaster with either sled or wagon skins. That would make me forget WWOHP even existed. Perhaps even plow over a side of Comicstrip Alley for a dark ride. Those shops are more barren than Jennifer Aniston.

Marvel is okay. I would mind them omitting Storm's Tea Cups though. It's an eyesore and just doesn't fit in. Plus the giant picture of her out front is in baaaad need of replacement. I think they could work a lot more with the villains. Candid run-ins with villains and heroes would be great. Oh, and update the arcade.

It needs a Lord of the Rings section.

I mean, are you seriously telling me it's almost 2012 and there's still no Lord of the Rings theme park attraction? Crazy.

^Funnily enough, I was about to post this when I was reading the thread earlier. I think a lot of people have mentioned / wished for it, and it's the only IP I would be willing to sacrifice any more original IOA for. I'd get rid of Toon and put it there personally; the only ride I would miss would be Bilge Rat Barges so maybe I'll keep that and re-theme it :p That way, I'd put a JP coaster on the bit of land behind Thunder Falls Terrace and extending slightly towards the current Toon Lagoon (towards Dudley's site - although I don't know if this land in JP is currently used for anything, so feel free to correct me here) and then use all the Toon land including the theatre parcel for an LOTR area. That would be pretty sweet (edit: see below!). Oh, and I'd flatten Sinbad and use the space (plus a bit of backstage probably) for a new E-ticket Lost Continent dark ride. Obviously this would put paid to Potter Phase II, but I'd prefer it!

6365361381_85e79edfb6_b.jpg

:thumbs:

Last edited:
all I can think of is maybe a maybe a fresh coat of paint on some of the buildings and rides. and now that they're expanding potter i don't really see the need for a new ride.

Something else to do that isn't Potter.
Now that Dueling Dragons is part of the WWHOP and unaccessible during busy times they need another coaster. I don't care where, it could be a Underdog flyer, just else to balance the park... IMO

Something else to do that isn't Potter.
Now that Dueling Dragons is part of the WWHOP and unaccessible during busy times they need another coaster. I don't care where, it could be a Underdog flyer, just else to balance the park... IMO

The last thing the park needs is another coaster.

Wait, no. The last thing it needs is another water ride. The second to last thing it needs is another coaster.

The last thing the park needs is another coaster.

Wait, no. The last thing it needs is another water ride. The second to last thing it needs is another coaster.

Ok haoabout a show, yeah a show! :doh:
I was going to say dark ride but they just built one, even though it wouldn't bother me if they added another.
A coaster could be fit into a lot places, ala Manta, which is why I say a coaster...

Ok haoabout a show, yeah a show! :doh:
I was going to say dark ride but they just built one, even though it wouldn't bother me if they added another.
A coaster could be fit into a lot places, ala Manta, which is why I say a coaster...

I mean I can see where a coaster would be appealing, but I just don't see a story use for one right now.

Maybe the fan discussed Grinch coaster? That would work. But I don't think we need another Hulk or Dragons for IoA right now.

I think the park really needs a group of smaller additions. I would love to see a small Lorax dark ride and a non-water ride in Toon Lagoon.

And to think about another water ride would be nice, I mean if you are going to get soaked you might as well ride a bunch of water rides while your at it. Just as long a they throw a grey fin in there somewhere.

And to think about another water ride would be nice, I mean if you are going to get soaked you might as well ride a bunch of water rides while your at it. Just as long a they throw a grey fin in there somewhere.

Eh. The park already has 3 rides where you potentially could get soaked, and in reality 2 of them its a guarantee. For the winter time, that just doesn't work, IMO.

I'm still sticking with my pitch of a "Calvin and Hobbes" darkride/minicoaster with a wagon or sled skin on the vehicle. Put it where ToonLagoon Theater is, it would fit in beautifully.

OOR, in the same space, make a ride for The Adventures of TinTin. Still themed to ToonLagoon and with a Spielberg tag on it.

I'm still sticking with my pitch of a Calvin and Hobbes darkride/minicoaster with a wagon or sled skin on the vehicle. Put it where ToonLagoon Theater is, it would fit in beautifully.

That would definitely be an interesting choice.

Even a ride through the madcap world of a bunch of different comic strips that aren't represented in a ride right now. Like a Great Movie Ride with a faster pace.

That would definitely be an interesting choice.

Even a ride through the madcap world of a bunch of different comic strips that aren't represented in a ride right now. Like a Great Movie Ride with a faster pace.

I edited my post after your reply, but, they could work with The Adventures of TinTin aswell. Both comics work for ToonLagoon and one is about to go epic mainstream...