What Does IOA Need? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
^I have never noticed that, but then again IOA is a park even after 11+ years I still find things that Universal Creative did.

^I have never noticed that, but then again IOA is a park even after 11+ years I still find things that Universal Creative did.

Absolutely. On my most recent trip, I just discovered Horton's Egg. Mind you I don't spend much time in Seuss for obvious reasons, but I was a treat to find. I was admiring McElliot's Pool while walking through Seuss and noticed some archways I'd never seen before. One of my favorite aspects of IOA is these fun details that guests can discover.

Hummm...the poll question itself ask me what it needs but the choices asked me how much change it needs, if any lol im gonna post my p0st as others have.

POE
Have more streetmospher characters out there like stilt walkers and have the face painters and employees outside the stores in traditional garb. Have a place where there's a continual loop of "the making of IOA" and also a museum style atmosphere.

Marvel Island
The main thing I would do here is to have a year round haunt based on the villians. It shoud be accessible thru the alley where fear fall is.

TL
I would install a highly themed splashbattle attraction and more costumed caracters other than the face characters (popeye, betty boop...)

JP
The two dino &jeep are cool but we need to see more dino's outside of the river adventure. I guess like everyone else is saying bring back a trike encounter. Im not too sure about the raptor encounter. With the river adventure, you dont want to make every ride in the area a "make a run from the dino" attraction. ALso at camp jurassic atlest like 4 of those "pull yourself to the top of the tower" style rotating tower rides (like a dollywood) would add more to do.

SL
As everyone have said it should be a grinch attraction. I also feel a med size parachute drop style ride would also be nice for the area.

I think that, along with basic upkeep, they need to make certain parts of the park better-rounded. For example, if you don't want to get wet, you have no reason to go to toon lagoon. One ride that you stay dry, even if it's a small flat ride, would be a great addition.
Honestly, I would be stoked if they just put a little shade in Seuss. I never want to hang out in that area because I'm always baking

This is an idea that just popped in my head. I know you guys will hate it. But what about an island in the middle of the lake? It could be Atlantis themed. Maybe Atlantis floats back up or something :shrug:

^I like an Atlantis themed area but that is more "lost continent" grounds. PF pretty much has that covered, so if anything tear out the show that no one goes to and build an indoor coaster or darkride within it. Also as I mentioned before IOA needs a reason for guest to stay late. Disney has this mastered, by using parades, special shows and fireworks everynight with multiple showings on busy nights. Having more "entertainment" is what will make IOA a more complete feeling park. Oh and Mt Crumpit might be my most sought after family attraction ever.

I want an Iron Man attraction! I also think a nighttime firework show would be cool. Have it over the lagoon, lots of spots to watch it at the park, you could probably even see them from anywhere in the resort

This is an idea that just popped in my head. I know you guys will hate it. But what about an island in the middle of the lake? It could be Atlantis themed. Maybe Atlantis floats back up or something :shrug:

What they could do is shrink the lake down and fill it in all around the park to make the park larger so they could use the extra land to add onto pre-existing areas or just use the land to make new areas.

^I hope they dont ever touch the lake. If you guys look at a lot of parks across the country in mid 70's they all seemed to have a huge lake, now look at them now. They have either shrunken or non existant at all. But why do a good bit of you guys want every show building to turn into an indoor roller coaster. How much different couild it be from mummy?

^I hope they dont ever touch the lake. If you guys look at a lot of parks across the country in mid 70's they all seemed to have a huge lake, now look at them now. They have either shrunken or non existant at all. But why do a good bit of you guys want every show building to turn into an indoor roller coaster. How much different couild it be from mummy?

Agreed for the most part. You also have to consider the fact that the lagoon is also a main water source for, IIRC, 2 of the water rides in IoA.

I want an Iron Man attraction! I also think a nighttime firework show would be cool. Have it over the lagoon, lots of spots to watch it at the park, you could probably even see them from anywhere in the resort

Sorry to crush your hopes, but while I would love an Iron Man attraction, I don't think Universal can add to MSHI due to Disney now owning the rights to Marvel. :(

What they could do is shrink the lake down and fill it in all around the park to make the park larger so they could use the extra land to add onto pre-existing areas or just use the land to make new areas.

Honestly, I don't think that's a good idea. Like Tbad said, the lake is an important water source for Popeye and Ripsaw.

I think They need an expansion in Wizarding World. 1 new ride and 2 rethemed ones (although the retheming on Unicorn/Hippogriff is TOP NOTCH) just doesn't cut it for me. JP also needs another ride besides River Adventure. Hopefully they open Triceratops Encounter back up soon to hold us over.

Getting rid of Lost Continent because it sticks out like a sore thumb and most of the attractions aren't really marquee and crowd bringers. So I think HP will consume all of LC except for Mythos as it's an award winner and it's under contract but look at HP it only has one restaurant and like one bathroom also it seemed so packed in one small area as all 3 rides are crowd bringers also with the near end to the films make it easy for Universal to make this decision

Tourists come to IOA for Harry Potter. They walk straight through the Lost Continent. As much as you all may love it, it's become a passage way to the Wizarding World. Totally gets ignored...

So I think Poseidon's Fury should be transformed into something with the Ministry of Magic. Image the epic battle scene at then end... except now with Voldemort and Dumbledore AND the element of magic. I think it's a perfect fit.

I'm so dissapointed. This means the end to a great resturant if they do decide to get rid of LC overall. If they replace Mythos with anything less than what it is now,I will conclude that WWoHP destroyed some elments of IOA like DD to DC and Mythos to some wizarding world attraction/ resturant.