What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't see a jeep ride working simply because it'd be too similar to the River Adventure. If you look at the concept art for the Jeep Adventure, it hits the same plot beats as River... River probably made more sense from a mechanical/feasibility standpoint (can you imagine trying to maintain an outdoor Indiana Jones style track?). Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the Universal Hollywood version was already opened or at least well into development, making the clone cost efficient. (What was always unacceptable to me though was the downgrading of the attraction, but that's a discussion for another time.)

I'd like to see the Helicoptours, with a ride system echoing Soarin`. And very little thrills. Maybe a brief perilous Pteranadon encounter, but that's it. IoA needs more family attractions, not thrill rides or terrain coasters or whatever. (Though a Raptor Encounter show would be pretty cool.)

I think that if they did the jeep thing, they should get rid of JPRA. It takes up a lot of room, ad if they built the Jeep thing as a dark ride then they could fit two rides in the place where JPRA is.

I think that if they did the jeep thing, they should get rid of JPRA. It takes up a lot of room, ad if they built the Jeep thing as a dark ride then they could fit two rides in the place where JPRA is.

I think that would defeat everyone's purpose of plussing the island :lol:

And I highly doubt Universal would remove one of their flagships. It's all over their advertising.

JP island is already too kiddy. If any section of the park should have intimidating encounters it should be Jurassic park. Now what boggles my mind, is why does an island themed to cartoons have one of the most intense water rides in the world?

--- Update ---

I think that would defeat everyone's purpose of plussing the island :lol:

And I highly doubt Universal would remove one of their flagships. It's all over their advertising.

I don't think they would do it...But in my opinion JPRA takes up way too much room for the experience it delivers.

--- Update ---

[/COLOR]

I don't think they would do it...But in my opinion JPRA takes up way too much room for the experience it delivers.

I'm just curious, what more do you want from JPRA? I think it's a very immersive experience, has a lot of cool AA's, and an entertaining storyline. What do you feel it's lacking?

I'm just curious, what more do you want from JPRA? I think it's a very immersive experience, has a lot of cool AA's, and an entertaining storyline. What do you feel it's lacking?
I love the JPRA.. What i'm saying is that in the movie they already established a mode of transportation via the Jeeps. JPRA is such a large attraction that I feel it could explore different more lighthearted encounters and be shorter. While a gritty jeep ride takes us into dangerous habitats. Had I been making decisions that's what I would have pushed.

I love the JPRA.. What i'm saying is that in the movie they already established a mode of transportation via the Jeeps. JPRA is such a large attraction that I feel it could explore different more lighthearted encounters and be shorter. While a gritty jeep ride takes us into dangerous habitats. Had I been making decisions that's what I would have pushed.

Ah. I see what you're saying. I like the fact that they changed up the transportation modes. I think it keeps the ride more fresh.

Ah. I see what you're saying. I like the fact that they changed up the transportation modes. I think it keeps the ride more fresh.
It's funny because I feel that the Jeep makes more sense because it's from the movie, and at the same time I think a Gringotts roller coaster would be lame because it's in the movies. So I suppose that's a bit of a contradiction on my behalf. But I really just wish Uni would have built a Jeep dark ride before Disney, purely for the sake that it aligned so well with the movie.

The one thing I would change for Jurassic Park would be the Discovery Center. Just a general rehab of the area and a bit of a technological upgrade to some of it's exhibits. Specifically, I'd like to see the Raptor birth be far more interesting and realistic. I expected it to be far more like the famous scene in the first movie, but when all that happens is a very fake looking hand puppet being held by a scientist for a minute or two. I can't see it costing too much, and to me, it would just as much be a point of interest as the Triceratops Encounter. A great way to bring down line times for other attractions and a big hit with little kids.

Aside from my wish for a B&M Flyer, I think JP needs a dark ride or at least partly indoor ride to deal with one major component that is missing from the island - atmospheric weather. In the films, the islands are dripping (literally!) with atmosphere created by the huge rain storms, jet black sky and lightning strikes. This is one of the key components which creates the atmosphere and tension in the films - and while wandering around the lush landscape in sunny Florida is beautiful and nice, some kind of representation of a black sky with driving rain and a T-Rex's roar echoing through the night would be fantastic :thumbs:

Aside from my wish for a B&M Flyer, I think JP needs a dark ride or at least partly indoor ride to deal with one major component that is missing from the island - atmospheric weather. In the films, the islands are dripping (literally!) with atmosphere created by the huge rain storms, jet black sky and lightning strikes. This is one of the key components which creates the atmosphere and tension in the films - and while wandering around the lush landscape in sunny Florida is beautiful and nice, some kind of representation of a black sky with driving rain and a T-Rex's roar echoing through the night would be fantastic :thumbs:

It does rain all the time in Florida as well lol. Just go in during one of the afternoon summer showers :lol:

That will be a hit with the crowds, Hey you guys lets go hang out in Jurassic Park where its 97 degrees with 139% Humidity? Come on it will be fun to nearly die of heatstroke because its so authentic.

I think a suspended wild mouse coaster themed to a glider would be cool. You could be taken up the lift in a mountain facade, and then "released" and glide through the Jungle while encountering various dinosaurs...Gut camp jurassic and Pteronadon flyers, and intigrate this attraction with that section of the park. It would be like a longer more intense version of the Flyers with actual dinosaur encounters!

--- Update ---

OOh and it could have a sound system so John Hammond could be on a walkie talkie telling you about what you're seeing. And then have dark ride moments..like a suspended mummy but with dinosaurs!

--- Update ---

And use LIMs to simulate a gust of wind so if youre in a tight spot face to face with some raptors or other scary dino, a sudden gust could save us.

I really think Jurassic Park needs to avoid a coaster for their next ride. Jurassic Park isn't Jurassic Park without interaction with dinos. Any ride that should be made should focus on their wonderment. Whether it be a Soarin' type Helicoptour ride, a thrilling Raptor Encounter, or even an Expansion of Discovery Center, I think this is the route to go. While a coaster may be fun, it would really take away from the beauty that is Jurassic Park.

If the integrate it properly it could be awesome...a queue line that acts as a walking tour of various habitats that leads up to a ride that soars between the various animals too...with supports that are themed to look like palm trees and vehicles that look like gliders. It could be like hogwarts and its tour line and then a regular line for the ride itself.

If the integrate it properly it could be awesome...a queue line that acts as a walking tour of various habitats that leads up to a ride that soars between the various animals too...with supports that are themed to look like palm trees and vehicles that look like gliders. It could be like hogwarts and its tour line and then a regular line for the ride itself.

Sorry, I just don't to see that type of attraction as a proper method of integrating the dinos. It just seems people are trying to force an extra coaster in there. The only type of coaster I see working is an Amber Mine train coaster, but that would be at the sacrifice of the Camp Jurassic, which I would hate to lose.

I agree with BriMan's comment. JP already has a thrill ride, it needs something to focus on the awesome power and wonderment of dinosaurs.