Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What does USF need the most before Epic Universe opens?

I would say another primarily physical attraction. There are too many simulators at USF is the prime complaint I here. A water ride, boat ride, or medium thrill dark ride with animatronics would be fantastic for this park.
The lack of variety is the major issue here currently. Its hard not thinking about SNW opening here next year when that was originally the plan and what kind of park this would look like with it, it'd be like almost nearly "fixed" with that land alone. Im sure kid zone will get something that big someday but man, its hard to not dream and think about it haha. They likely didn't have anything else "major" ready for Epic Universe to replace SNW with. Ah well, just gotta wait a bit longer. I'll always advocate for SLOP over Shrek, as I think that alone with Bourne would be major helps.

The lack of variety is the major issue here currently. Its hard not thinking about SNW opening here next year when that was originally the plan and what kind of park this would look like with it, it'd be like almost nearly "fixed" with that land alone. Im sure kid zone will get something that big someday but man, its hard to not dream and think about it haha. They likely didn't have anything else "major" ready for Epic Universe to replace SNW with. Ah well, just gotta wait a bit longer. I'll always advocate for SLOP over Shrek, as I think that alone with Bourne would be major helps.
I think it's smart to wait how SLOP is going to be received. If it's going to be a fan favourit I'm sure one day Orlando will be going to get it. They don't want another F&F anymore.

I think it's smart to wait how SLOP is going to be received. If it's going to be a fan favourit I'm sure one day Orlando will be going to get it. They don't want another F&F anymore.
This is true. Luckily the ride opens in a month or so, give or take.

Exactly. Why order a clone of the ride when you don't know how it will be received yet? I'm sure they have faith and are confident in it, but after just getting burned by Supercharged, public reaction to the ride is a legitimate thing to take into consideration before giving the green light.

Exactly. Why order a clone of the ride when you don't know how it will be received yet? I'm sure they have faith and are confident in it, but after just getting burned by Supercharged, public reaction to the ride is a legitimate thing to take into consideration before giving the green light.

I'd also say considering the lukewarm audience reception for SLOP2, it makes more sense to wait for the next possible Illumination hit. This ride could probably be built ala Transformers in USF with a different theme for a newer, more popular film.

I'd also say considering the lukewarm audience reception for SLOP2, it makes more sense to wait for the next possible Illumination hit. This ride could probably be built ala Transformers in USF with a different theme for a newer, more popular film.
I see SLOP as similar to the Cars franchise in that it sells merch, so that alone is worth it existing.

At the rate they're going, they'll announce a Grinch dark ride for Seuss Landing instead and continue to cement IOA as one of the best theme parks ever.

I’ve been watching a lot of vlog updates about Studios this week and I keep coming away impressed. Universal is doing an impressive amount of work to get the resort at large ready for EU.

- Updates at Mummy, ET, and MIB.
- Park Beautification: Concrete work, NY flats, new food booths, turnstiles
- Expanded/Updated Kids offerings: Kidzone update, full front of park Minions update. Minion blast. (I look at the minions resturaunt and continuously think, they really didn’t need to go so hard, but they are.)
- New parade offering coming
- New lagoon show coming

I know we all know this, but I felt like giving Universal their flowers. Then there’s Vegas, Texas, and Hollywood. They are being aggressive and as a fan, I love to see it.

I’ve been watching a lot of vlog updates about Studios this week and I keep coming away impressed. Universal is doing an impressive amount of work to get the resort at large ready for EU.

- Updates at Mummy, ET, and MIB.
- Park Beautification: Concrete work, NY flats, new food booths, turnstiles
- Expanded/Updated Kids offerings: Kidzone update, full front of park Minions update. Minion blast. (I look at the minions resturaunt and continuously think, they really didn’t need to go so hard, but they are.)
- New parade offering coming
- New lagoon show coming

I know we all know this, but I felt like giving Universal their flowers. Then there’s Vegas, Texas, and Hollywood. They are being aggressive and as a fan, I love to see it.

Took them a while, the park wasn't in the best shape last year and I was complaining a lot. However, since January they've really kicked it up with all of these smaller improvements.

I was a bit worried going into the pandemic that EU will take all of the resources away from IOA/USF, but attendance has proven the ability to support a new park investment AND additional investment into the current parks.

They are doing just enough to support the park through the next few years before something major towards the end of this decade.

One thing I thought USF could use more of last time I visited…SHADE!

IOA is probably one of the best theme parks in the world from a ride lineup perspective, but it’s cramped and busy and just not very relaxing. USF being as spacious as it is with more subtle theming makes it a lot more pleasant to spend a day in, which is why I’d love to see them lean into that and add more ambiance to the whole place. I’d also like for it to get better rides and not just be second-fiddle to IOA, but for what’s realistic now while waiting on EU, I think there’s a lot they can do to make it a more pleasant place to just have a drink and walk around.

One thing I thought USF could use more of last time I visited…SHADE!

IOA is probably one of the best theme parks in the world from a ride lineup perspective, but it’s cramped and busy and just not very relaxing. USF being as spacious as it is with more subtle theming makes it a lot more pleasant to spend a day in, which is why I’d love to see them lean into that and add more ambiance to the whole place. I’d also like for it to get better rides and not just be second-fiddle to IOA, but for what’s realistic now while waiting on EU, I think there’s a lot they can do to make it a more pleasant place to just have a drink and walk around.

That stretch of asphalt from Minion Mayhem to Fallon easily beats Toy Story Land as the hottest place in Orlando. I don't mind the soundstages, but I wish they could add some trees in between to at least give it a nicer look instead of pure asphalt.