Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Parks Have You Been To?

I'm shocked more North East travelers haven't been to Knoebels. Such a classic part. Great food and few really nice wooden coasters. Plus free parking! :lol:

IOA
USF

Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom
EPCOT
Animal kingdom
Disneyland
Blizzard Beach
Typhoon Lagoon

Sea World Orlando
Busch Gardens Tampa
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Adventure Island

Wild Adventures
Six Flags Over Georgia
Six Flags Great America
Kings Island
Cedar Point
Gueaga Lake r.i.p.
Kennywood

I was really glad we went, because I would have been sad to have missed it. Especially since I go to Myrtle Beach almost every year and I grew up going there. I was really impressed with everything, but I think they made too many wrong turns to ever recover. I know that there is no way it will re-open. Mainly because with it failing twice no one is going to spend the money needed to bring it back up to park ready status, but I do think it could have been successful if the initial people had advertised and managed it better.

I've been told that Hard Rock Park has has numerous case studies done on it from a marketing perspective. If you think there was no media charge up at all. No national ads. Few promotions.

I've been told that Hard Rock Park has has numerous case studies done on it from a marketing perspective. If you think there was no media charge up at all. No national ads. Few promotions.

Yeah, it really is a good case study. I mean they were arrogant in some ways. They thought people would just come to this park. They put some billboards up, and did advertise in the local brochures and stuff. But they didn't work with the hotels. They didn't think they needed to. They had few promotions (again didn't think they needed to offer discount tickets) and they did nothing nationally. They would have been smart to team up with AAA and have them offer some kind of package with local hotels. This could have worked with other travel companies too. There is so many things they could have done differently from a marketing perspective to make this park actually work. But they felt they could rely on the current clientele that already was in Myrtle Beach, they didn't think they needed to bring in new tourists. All of this was really them being full of themselves and not realizing the type of tourists Myrtle Beach brought in and also the type of town Myrtle Beach was.

Yeah, it really is a good case study. I mean they were arrogant in some ways. They thought people would just come to this park. They put some billboards up, and did advertise in the local brochures and stuff. But they didn't work with the hotels. They didn't think they needed to. They had few promotions (again didn't think they needed to offer discount tickets) and they did nothing nationally. They would have been smart to team up with AAA and have them offer some kind of package with local hotels. This could have worked with other travel companies too. There is so many things they could have done differently from a marketing perspective to make this park actually work. But they felt they could rely on the current clientele that already was in Myrtle Beach, they didn't think they needed to bring in new tourists. All of this was really them being full of themselves and not realizing the type of tourists Myrtle Beach brought in and also the type of town Myrtle Beach was.

Exactly. It's not that Myrtle Beach doesn't get tourism either. I remember going to Broadway on the Beach in November and there were still plenty of people there. It was clearly off season, but people were there. Myrtle Beach pulls a lot from the South East market and I remember seeing nothing about it. Nothing about it while visiting North Carolina and nothing about it here. Wizarding World sells it's self and they still invited all the major news outlets on opening day. Hard Rock had nothing of the sort.