1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Discussion in 'Busch Gardens Tampa' started by Andy, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

Haven't seen that anywhere before. How would that even work on a shuttle coaster like this?

2. Milo S

Milo S Newcomer

A what?

3. MakoMania

MakoMania Rookie

Zombie Ride in Mexico is a Sky Rocket II with a double load system, check it out.

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  4. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

I have a a self made basket of amusement park stocks. I created it about 7 years ago. It went boom. I have made smallish purchases of SeaWorld stock when it would dip. I'm still very happy with my self made FUN Fund.

But, I'm most happy when I picked up a truckload of Bombardier shares for under $1, but that's a different story, that's airplanes.

Anyhoo, I wish someone would give the Mack version of this kinda ride a go. They offer it as a 2 for 1, dual station coaster one side a tran with forward and reverse facing seats and another that spins. If I was a small footprint park like Fun Spot, I'd be eyeing that. AnyHoo I like the looks of Mack's Power Splash.

anihilnation and Cheezbat like this.
  5. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

Entire track switches, just as with a transfer track, station would have to be set up like Manta. One train is on the connected track ready to go, while the other is on the isolated track for (un)load. Once the one train has finished its course, that track moves into isolated position and the the one that was isolated connects to the main track. If I am not mistaken, the Mack Power Splash in Walibi Belgium has a system like this.

6. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

Still too time consuming.

7. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Veteran Member

Think how Mr. Freeze at Six Flags having two different load docks, and acts almost similar to a Transfer track.

8. bob albert

bob albert Member

A skyrocket II for a year round major park is a total joke no matter how they set it up.

Cheezbat likes this.
  9. SoulPride

SoulPride Newcomer

The park is bringing back firework shows Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for Summer Nights!

TheGentTrent and MakoMania like this.
  10. MakoMania

MakoMania Rookie

Tempesto has coped with crowds much better than we all expected, so maybe they are going to prove us wrong again.

At least this means BGT should get another major investment fairly quickly, possibly in 2021 if they follow the Williamsburg model.

Dhdhddh and LintemuthStudios like this.
  11. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

A Sky Rocket is disappointing, but in a way, it could be a positive thing

Cheap addition, People come out to see it, revenue increase

Next year or year after, Gwazi replacement with RMC/Hyper/idk

SukaVayne73 and LintemuthStudios like this.
  12. Milo S

Milo S Newcomer

It's just sad that a Skyrocket is what BGT is marking its 60th anniversary with. This also means that the park has yet to widen the variety of its attractions. They continue to add to what they already have enough of: roller coasters, when the park is in dire need of a dark ride or at least one more water ride.
    Of course, I'm sure roller coaster nuts are happy.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Cheezbat and shiekra38 like this.
  13. Milo S

Milo S Newcomer

Ah okay, that's a similar load system to what Cobra's Curse has. I guess that would help with capacity a little bit.

14. UAN17

UAN17 Rookie

As much as it’s a nice park, and arguably better than anything we have in the UK, both our days there (one in May one in June) were impacted by weather, and we likely won’t be back until they invest in some different ride types. It’s our least favourite park in Florida (never been to Legoland) and we feel our day would be better spent doing another repeat day in another park.

We prefer Seaworld variety much more and would actually rather do a mixed third day here with Aquatica than do Busch

15. Milo S

Milo S Newcomer

See, guys? BGT does get a sizable tourist crowd, and it would improve if they would just build some indoor stuff.

16. UAN17

UAN17 Rookie

There’s 2 or 3 busses a day from Orlando which is free with the Seaworld/Busch pass, and it’s been packed on both times I’ve been. A lot of people (don’t know %) opt to hire a car and drive.

anihilnation likes this.
  17. Milo S

Milo S Newcomer

I know, the park's got a thing going on where veterans can come for free with up to three relatives, plus the fun card was just on sale for $59 instead of $99, and pass members are getting free lanyards this month. And there are still school and camp groups coming to the park. Right now weekdays don't seem that bad, but weekends are a nightmare. The rain doesn't help at all. With everything outdoors, there's nothing to do when it starts pouring.

18. SukaVayne73

SukaVayne73 Newcomer

Get ready for the Florida Comfort Collar, I worked at Tempesto, & I was wondering where the 3rd skyrocket II was going since SEAS bought 3. It's a fun ride, but those comfort collars are grrrrr, maybe BGT wont have to use them, Yeah right can prolly be wearing them next year. They probably will run it at CT, I believe in 2016 BGW ran Tempesto during CT. But yeah cheap addition, however it will be different for people who never rode skyrocket II, I forget how many is in the states, I believe the Superman one does not have the comfort collar. (In the morning at Tempesto, when we would do guest satisfaction rides, we would not wear it but hold it down, much better ride without it.) So YAYY for BGT and the COMFORT COLLAR COASTER.

shiekra38 likes this.
  19. SoulPride

SoulPride Newcomer

They're offering the rainy day tickets right now still, which lets you add an extra day to come back to your ticket at no charge, which must be used within 30 days

20. UAN17

UAN17 Rookie

That’s a great deal for locals...not so much for tourists (especiLly given most days are set in stone due to the need to plan Disney fast passes and dining reservations)

Milo S likes this.