Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

From what I understand 2020 should be a big addition, but as all projects are fluid that might change. The project, if it happens, will be a first in the area.

I think it's quite possible that BGT and SWO have had their major investment years swapped round. SWO was due to recieve a major investment in 2020 but perhaps this has been put back to 2021 and now BGT will go big in 2020 instead.

2019 will not be an expensive year for BGT, Sky Rocket II coasters only cost slightly more than most large flat rides. I'd personally much rather have a Sky Rocket II than a Zamperla giant discovery etc.

I think it's quite possible that BGT and SWO have had their major investment years swapped round. SWO was due to recieve a major investment in 2020 but perhaps this has been put back to 2021 and now BGT will go big in 2020 instead.

2019 will not be an expensive year for BGT, Sky Rocket II coasters only cost slightly more than most large flat rides. I'd personally much rather have a Sky Rocket II than a Zamperla giant discovery etc.

Possibly so, we'll just have to wait and see. Just rolled up to the park, just waiting to check in. :)

Personally, I don’t think that BGT gets anything major in 2020. They would have just gotten a coaster the year before. There’s no active demolition anywhere else. It makes little sense.

It’ll be a flat ride, nothing more.

Unless there are some attendance issues, I doubt something BIG is coming 2020. If I were SeaWorld/Busch I would prepare for Uni's new park. Both parks would be hit the hardest and should have new unique additions that keep attendance going up.

The major 2020 addition, if it happens, will not require extensive demolition. Keep in mind, as mentioned above, they could be moving around the years that these projects happen.

There's also a major addition planned for SWO in 2020

Both BGT and SWO could use 3-5 more flats. Giant Discovery, Screaming Swing, Music Express, Disk’O Coaster, anything. Both parks have wonderful coaster line-ups, but lack flats (not that I consider it a flat ride, but SWO could use a drop tower, too).

OH MY GOD THERE’S A 2020 ADDITION IN THE GWAZI AREA?!?
giphy.gif