What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There’s 2 or 3 busses a day from Orlando which is free with the Seaworld/Busch pass, and it’s been packed on both times I’ve been. A lot of people (don’t know %) opt to hire a car and drive.
Even more, when it is busy I think they use 4-5 busses. I don't drive, so I always use this when going to BGT. They have quite a few pickup locations as well. Haven't gone yet this year, waiting 'till September.

Reactions: MakoMania
Even more, when it is busy I think they use 4-5 busses. I don't drive, so I always use this when going to BGT. They have quite a few pickup locations as well. Haven't gone yet this year, waiting 'till September.
What time do you generally have to leave the park to get the bus back to Orlando? Say, if it was a 10pm close would it pick you up at 10pm or do you have to leave early?

What time do you generally have to leave the park to get the bus back to Orlando? Say, if it was a 10pm close would it pick you up at 10pm or do you have to leave early?
I think that when the park closes at 10, pickup will be 7. I tend to always go when it is not busy and the park closes early, BGT does tend to be exhausting lol.

Reactions: MakoMania
The park really only needs like 3 coasters (wing rider, hyper/giga, rmc) and it would have one of the best lineups anywhere...

I'd love to see a ride like Escape From Pompeii added too...

But what the park REALLY needs is more things to do indoors...the park practically shuts down when it rains. A few dark rides, more indoor shows...more indoor animal exhibits...anything to keep the park alive when it's pouring rain.

Reactions: Victoria and Milo S

Just so you know... it’s a free shuttle service run by Mears. I’ve parked at Universal before and used the service to go to BGT without a car. You can reserve online and don’t even have to show a ticket (I was using my UO TM ID with free BGT admission for the day). https://secure.mearstransportation.com/MearsExpress/BuschGardens.asp

The park really only needs like 3 coasters (wing rider, hyper/giga, rmc) and it would have one of the best lineups anywhere...

But what the park REALLY needs is more things to do indoors...the park practically shuts down when it rains. A few dark rides, more indoor shows...more indoor animal exhibits...anything to keep the park alive when it's pouring rain.
Yep

What would be a good example of a successful indoor ride that the Busch parks have done.....that is still operating

What would be a good example of a successful indoor ride that the Busch parks have done.....that is still operating
the year darkastle came online was so good and a great loss now. I do think the battle for lake Erie is legit well thought out for capacity and tech and will be a big hit.

Reactions: Cheezbat
the year darkastle came online was so good and a great loss now. I do think the battle for lake Erie is legit well thought out for capacity and tech and will be a big hit.
That's a good one..My only issue is that Busch tends to leave their indoor rides in disrepair and inevitably become 'event space'

Enclosing Sand Serpent would do a lot for this park really. Would give them a nice little indoor coaster. I don’t care it’s just pitch back, with no theming.

Reactions: Cheezbat
It was dropped when SEAS were considering selling the Busch parks to Merlin. Not sure if the plans have been scrapped entirely or re-assigned to another year.

Reactions: Matt N
The park is giving out free Wendy's chocolate frostys today, next to the Moroccan Palace. Wasn't expecting to stumble across that, but it's interesting to say the least!