Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Who's making the Gringotts track?

Who is the coaster manufacturer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If that is indeed the plan, it just hit me that instead of the rumored "drop track" section that has been believed for quite some time, Uni could simply replicate the free-falling experience of Spiderman to include the Thief's Downfall. That way, the motion base can create the jerky motion they want as well as a free-fall action without having to spend money on both a motion base and free-fall track section.

All of that was just me thinking out loud.....

I hope they have both. A real free-fall segment would be so awesome! I have confidence that no matter what, this will be the best thrill ride to trump em all, but the more and diverse elements they can pack in here, the best :D

^So would putting it on a roller coaster RV.

What do you mean roller coaster "RV" ? drawing a blank on that acronym. If you mean that a drop track hasn't been done on a roller coaster, it has. Verbolter and Thirteen have free fall drop segments.

The drop on thirteen is rubbish to be honest, but it is only on a kids mine train coaster. AT over hyped it in the marketing too, which didn't help it's cause either.

I was only talking about one possibility. :thumbs:

Of course, I myself hope and pray that UC is pulling out all the stops to make Gringotts as amazing as possible, including whatever coaster tech is at their disposal.

Too bad it's not B&M, I would gladly go to the place where they manufacture B&M track up here in Cincinnati...but then again, why would B&M make a highly themed roller coaster for a theme park...(that may have been a bash on the Hulk and Dueling Dragons)...

HTF, are you still thinking Intamin?

As most of you know, I was also confident it was Intamin. But now . . .

GWB-046.jpg

GWB-047.jpg

:shrug:

I'm sticking with Intamin Track and Premier/Oceaneering RV's

Yeah, I was joking about Zierer. And I agree with HTF. Intamin AG track and Premier RV. I don't know about the Oceaneering as I believe that the sim motion may come from moving the actual track instead of it being just the RV that moves. But that is just a theory of mine based on Universal's patented sim track.

Yeah, I was joking about Zierer. And I agree with HTF. Intamin AG track and Premier RV. I don't know about the Oceaneering as I believe that the sim motion may come from moving the actual track instead of it being just the RV that moves. But that is just a theory of mine based on Universal's patented sim track.

Yeah the sim track thing has me perplexed, all I know is that Oceaneering is supposedly involved :shrug:

Oceaneering could probably do it either way. My guess is that each RV will have a motion base because that's how they've done it with Spidey and TF. It works, so why change it?

I'm going with my gut and sticking to Premier Track and RVs with Oceaneering's motion base somewhere. The track just looks like Premier. The support structure for the switch track also looks identical to ROTMs switch structure, just stronger.

I really don't think UO would go with Intamin. Their track record is "meh" with new stuff. Premier has so far delivered to Universal 3 quality products, and helped out with servicing Rockit.