Who's making the Gringotts track? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Who's making the Gringotts track?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Who is the coaster manufacturer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Woohoo! Welcome to O-Town, Intamin! So we know these coaster cars will have a motion base, but like Spidey, will there be a spinning mechanism as well? The only way I could see that implemented is if the cars are rotated opposite ways to screens, and simulate that the mine cars have split up. That, or the screens will follow the spinning motion and the spinning will be necessary to simulate lateral forces.

Woohoo! Welcome to O-Town, Intamin! So we know these coaster cars will have a motion base, but like Spidey, will there be a spinning mechanism as well? The only way I could see that implemented is if the cars are rotated opposite ways to screens, and simulate that the mine cars have split up. That, or the screens will follow the spinning motion and the spinning will be necessary to simulate lateral forces.
I defer to HTF. But I don't believe that the motion base will have that much flexibility. But that is just a guess.

Is the motion base confirmed to be part of the vehicle itself, or might the vehicles come to a braked section of track with a motion base? That would be a clearer progression from Th13teen, also by Intamin.

The most realistic thing I see at this point is this: Premier is making the track. The vehicles would be made by Premier as well, but the motion base I see being done by Oceaneering. Premier and Oceaneering's offices are only 20 minutes away from each other too. The other advantage? Spidey's motion base uses jackscrews, so it holds its position and doesn't flop all over the place if its used on a roller coaster application.

Just my two cents.

I just can't get over how weird the track looks...

• Spine that's quite but not too significantly thicker than the rails
  • Thick, boxy connectors instead of plates
  • Rails are significantly extended from the spine
  • What are those protrusions from the sides under the connectors? Are they for LIMs?

This is the closest track profile I've seen to what we see here. It's Formula Rossa at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, incidentally manufactured by none other than Intamin (maybe I'm biased).

djhtn1318004joincr2hh0.jpg

EDIT: So, no one likes to admit defeat, but the track is really starting to look like Premier. Premier is the only company I've seen that uses the boxy connectors and those dividers for support bolts. Skyrocket as previously mentioned, Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK, and especially SFMM's upcoming Full Throttle (video below) look a lot like this track. Sigh, I was excited about Intamin, but at least it's different.

[video=youtube;3u1fI_4p_nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1fI_4p_nk[/video]

Last edited:
There is no use trying to compare the track to other tracks since, nothing like this has ever been built and no matter what company it is, it will look completely different to their normal tracks.

The brackets on the side of the track look like a good place to mount a bus bar. After all, we would need to supply power to the RVs.

Let's not forget about this, which seems to imply the motion base will be separate and attach when needed:
http://www.coaster101.com/2011/09/19/universals-motion-base-track-patent/

If that is indeed the plan, it just hit me that instead of the rumored "drop track" section that has been believed for quite some time, Uni could simply replicate the free-falling experience of Spiderman to include the Thief's Downfall. That way, the motion base can create the jerky motion they want as well as a free-fall action without having to spend money on both a motion base and free-fall track section.

All of that was just me thinking out loud.....

Last edited:
If that is indeed the plan, it just hit me that instead of the rumored "drop track" section that has been believed for quite some time, Uni could simply replicate the free-falling experience of Spiderman to include the Thief's Downfall. That way, the motion base can create the jerky motion they want as well as a free-fall action without having to spend money on both a motion base and free-fall track section.
Or they could use both, and then some.

All of that was just me thinking out loud.....

Why restrict it by cutting back, when they can go all out and make it even more impressive.