Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Who's making the Gringotts track?

Who is the coaster manufacturer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If it is true that Intamin wouldn't build the second floor and when the current floor runs now it damages the building. Its a situation where Intamin was trying to do something that stopped Universal running into issues with the building in the future. So even though they may not of been happy with them at the start they would of forgiven them now they know that it would of and did cause issues.

One company I hope they don't go for is S&S their rides are plagued with issues.

JAWS wasn't Intamin. However, no one can call Universal's experience with JAWS anything but bad. That ride system was a mess even after TFC redesigned it. It was a pit of money.

Pretty sure they were involved, if not on the track then on the ride itself. This is from a 92' article.

Sikes said Universal awarded contracts to six to eight companies last November to revamp Jaws. Three of the key firms are:

- Intamin Co., a Swiss company that will handle the building and movement of the boats. Intamin is a well-known ride company that also worked on the motion bases at Universal's Back to the Future ride.

Last edited:
The last pics from Bob pretty much put the nail in the coffin that it isn't Intamin for me. There are some features on the track that are distinctly absent from any other Intamin track I've seen, but do look like features on other manufacturers' track. Also, as I've said before, the track seems "empty" in terms of cross bars. Also, they tend to only use quad and triangle track where it is either needed or is wanted for aesthetic purposes. If the track we're seeing right now is really storage and brake/station track it wouldn't be triangle track if this was Intamin since it doesn't fit the need and isn't "in view." The flat track is more than strong enough for those purposes (see: MF, TTD, KingdaKa, etc.).

Bingo! Inconsistent cross-ties are a big tip. If you look at Intamin, you'll notice that even where track is joined, the cross bars are the same size, but just bunched together at the joint area. There are some exceptions, but none that look like what we've seen so far that I can think of.

This still could be a new track variant for them, but I highly doubt it. If I were to put money down based on what I've seen, I don't think I'd put any down on Intamin. Not sure who I would say it is, but I feel pretty confident in saying what it isn't.

Anyone get a chance to visits IAAPA while it was here and poke around some of these vendors for any clues?

I went over to the Intamin booth and asked if they were working on any Potter related projects and the guy just gave a generic "we can't discuss any projects we are working on."

However, he looked kind of startled and caught off guard when I asked him.

I went over to the Intamin booth and asked if they were working on any Potter related projects and the guy just gave a generic "we can't discuss any projects we are working on."

However, he looked kind of startled and caught off guard when I asked him.

Like in a "how did they know" kind of way or a "wish we were" kind of way :lol: You'll learn more from body language than from words sometimes

Like in a "how did they know" kind of way or a "wish we were" kind of way :lol: You'll learn more from body language than from words sometimes

It seemed more the "how did he know," but it's hard to know for sure. It could really go both ways. He was definitely trying to play it off.

I noticed though, whenever I asked anybody regarding future projects, they never want to talk to me. :lol:

It seemed more the "how did he know," but it's hard to know for sure. It could really go both ways. He was definitely trying to play it off.

I noticed though, whenever I asked anybody regarding future projects, they never want to talk to me. :lol:

I think those vendors are pretty tight lipped when it comes to talking about future projects to anyone until the parks announce them. Nobody would use them if they spilled the beans about all the upcoming awesomeness :lol: But awesome job trying to get some sort of info out of them :thumbs:

I think those vendors are pretty tight lipped when it comes to talking about future projects to anyone until the parks announce them. Nobody would use them if they spilled the beans about all the upcoming awesomeness :lol: But awesome job trying to get some sort of info out of them :thumbs:

They'd be fired if they announced it :lol: I'm leaning on Premier, but Intamin is a close second still.

They'd be fired if they announced it :lol: I'm leaning on Premier, but Intamin is a close second still.

Haha, no I know, I just thought it was funny how they always changed the subject almost immediately. You're usually taking to some pretty high-ups in the companies there.

God forbid anyone should call Premier... complain about their crap-ass website, and then ask if they are building a new coaster at Universal Orlando.

Oh wow, just checked out their site. What a mess. :bang:

To be honest, if I was interested in buildling a multi-million dollar attraction and I saw that site, I would be finding someone else asap.