Who's making the Gringotts track? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Who's making the Gringotts track?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Who is the coaster manufacturer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It does look very close to Intamin's new track... But Intamin's shtick seems to be Building mega tall uber fast extreme rides that you black out on and have wheels melting off of...

I'm gonna stick with Premier and Vekoma since they seem to be the only two doing the "Serious" Hybird Darkride/coaster. I dont think Mauer or Gerstlaur have the industry acclaim to be handling the next Uni project.

That being said Zierer and intamin are the only two with drop tracks... But VEKOMA is the only one who has done any kind of track tilting ride(see the thrill lift concept)... But too my knowledge Vekmoa hasnt done any launched rides...

This may very well be a half/half with premier and vekoma, If that even really ever happens... But If I was gonna put all my money on one company it'd be Premier. They've worked with Uni before. They've build a successful rather similar ride before that might have very well laid the foundation for all that this ride vehicle is supposed to do.

Vekoma has done a few launched rides. Most recently Grizzly Gulch at HKDL. They have also done Flight of Fear, Rockin Rollercoaster, jokers jinx, poltergeist, and Battlestar Galatica at USS.

Premier did half those rides you just named dude... Vekoma only did GG,BG and RnR. Needless to say I had a brain fart when I said that but what I meant was they don't do too many launched rides.

Flight of fear, jokers jinx, and Poltergeist were that off the shelf bowl of head banging nonsense. Your correct my fault, for some reason I thought they were Vekoma. Like you said brain fart :blank:

That being said Zierer and intamin are the only two with drop tracks... But VEKOMA is the only one who has done any kind of track tilting ride(see the thrill lift concept)... But too my knowledge Vekmoa hasnt done any launched rides...

Premier is doing a drop section on a ride overseas right now.

Vekoma has done rock and roller coaster and space mountian in paris...

And as far as tilt track, premier has done switchbacks and turn tables so I dont think tilting track would be that difficult for them.

Mostly likely Premier. For one, Intamin has a very shaky history with Universal whereas Premier did well with ROTM.

I believe I just saw a tidbit out there on the interwebs about how Premier is ready to do coasters with drop sections as well.

Universal wont work with Vekoma after what happened in Singapore.

It would make sense for Intamin since they could also do the HW, instead of having two companies do it just get one.

If I remember correctly Intamin also did the BTTF/Simpsons ride and the newer JAWS ride track after the big lawsuit with JAWS' original manufacturer.

There is no bad experience there.

The story behind BTTF/Simpsons begins with the construction of the ride building. If you didn't know, there's two different floors with IMAX dome screens and the simulators. Intamin did their thing and built the bottom floor, but absolutely hated the idea of building the top floor. There were multiple disagreements about it and eventually Universal had to get a separate company to help them get it done. Today that top floor is hesitantly used by Universal because when it runs it tends to hurt the building. End story here is that Intamin wouldn't just do what they wanted.

JAWS wasn't Intamin. However, no one can call Universal's experience with JAWS anything but bad. That ride system was a mess even after TFC redesigned it. It was a pit of money.

Also, Hannah Barbara, Jimmy Neutron weren't the best either. The ride system fell apart very quickly. It was fine for the first year and then became rough and shakey. Its still to be seen whether or not that happens with Despicable Me. Neutron at the end was almost unridable for many.

Reactions: Smitty
Wait, whenever I go the bottom floor is never in use....

Interesting for sure, perhaps a few of the RVs were out that day. To clarify, I mean that running both floors is undesired by Universal. So while you may go to one or the other, they really don't like running both.

Interesting for sure, perhaps a few of the RVs were out that day. To clarify, I mean that running both floors is undesired by Universal. So while you may go to one or the other, they really don't like running both.

Earlier this year they were running both floors and I got stuck in the vehicle for a good 10 minutes right before you're lifted up, so that's probably why. :focus:

What are you people talking about? BTTF/Simpsons has 3 floors: Three vehicles on the first, five on the second, and four on the third. There are two theaters. It's more efficient to run two theaters with one level open than it is to run one theater with two levels open. All three are only used if it's real busy, because each level needs to be staffed.

It''s either Zeirer or Premier. Zerier did an amazing job with Verbolten and Premier did very well with ROTM. Both companies have experience with indoor coasters and Zeirer has experience with a drop track