Why do People like Theme Parks? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Why do People like Theme Parks?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I enjoy the parks because as soon as I get to Universal, I get to leave everything in life behind for a week and just shut my brain off and enjoy everything. I go every August when both the crowds (and I generally can't stand people) and heat are unbearable, but just everything about Universal gives me joy I don't think I'd be able to get anywhere else.

As I've gotten older, one of my favorite things to do is to relax by the pool at Royal Pacific with a bucket of beer and just take in the sights. Depending on the view, I'm staring straight at Doctor Doom and hearing it go up, along with hearing Hulk in the distance. Just can't beat that. One of these years I'd like to get to an island somewhere and experience the relaxation of that. But I'll take a Universal vacation over any other vacation in a heartbeat.

**goes and plays Port of Entry music on YouTube**

Reactions: WAJAS and Mad Dog
The value of relaxing at the on site pools, especially during the too hot & humid Florida afternoons, cannot be overestimated. We drive down to Florida, but never touch our car till it's time to leave. Universal is total immersion. And yes, Port of Entry music is priceless. What a great setting, sound wise & sight wise, when you walk through those IOA gates.

I think the reason people like theme parks is pretty easy to explain.

I wanted to focus on why I love rollercoasters in particular, like the ones at amusement parks without a real theme.

Consider what rollercoasters are, basically massive constructions of wood or steel, that goes through a very in-depth process, and entirely designed to make people have a thrilling experience...nothing else.

To the guest, there's no storyline, no thinking about what it all means, nothing at all except a pure experience for a few minutes that they can't safely get in many other ways.

There are many ways for people to have fun, but IMO rollercoasters are the purest form of providing fun on a large scale.

Didn't really know where to put this, but it kind of fits here I guess...Did any of you see the tweets of the OI, Orlando Informer, meet up at Universal Studios? The crowd was so large they filled up the Fear Factor Live Stadium .Looked pretty popular.Good to see so many show up.:cheers: .......And, on the other side of the country, anybody know what's happened to their California offshoot, California Informer? :what: They're still on the web, but they haven't had a post for two months. Seems kind of dead in the water.:shrug: