Why does Universal always close at 9 or 10? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Why does Universal always close at 9 or 10?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess is not enough people go at night to make up for the labor costs. I do think for 4th of July week, they should at least keep it open to midnight or something. But it isn't a huge deal. Especially for me, I'd like to be out of the parks by 7-8 pm at the latest anyways. I don't like driving in the dark and I usually work at 6 am most days.

A lot of the issue is Universal sits near residential areas and there is noise ordinances at night. Similar to what happened when they did HHN at IOA and ran the coasters. Disney is surrounded by nothing like that so they can stay open longer. simple easy reason.

OMG YES!!! I went this passed weekend and I asked myself the same question. They close early. They should at least close at 11. Today they close at 9.

I stayed at the Portofino hotel and they close the pool at 10. That doesn't make much sense to me because if you leave the parks at 9ish, you cant even get into the pool.

Disney lifeguards leave at 10 too. I'm honestly surprised that Disney even has pool hours without a lifeguard, but they're open an additional 2 hours after the lifeguards leave.

Simply put, the extra couple hours really helps if you don't want to go all day. If you want a pool day, hang til 3 then head over, you can still get a lot done if it closes at 11 PM.

A couple of things that might indicate that the park will be opened later soon:
1) You can expect some trail runs of a 7 PM Superstar Parade in October. Nothing is definite, but I like the idea of actually utilizing the lights on the floats.
2) Later character interactions are coming! Not gonna name any specifics on this one, but look for it very soon.

1) You can expect some trail runs of a 7 PM Superstar Parade in October. Nothing is definite, but I like the idea of actually utilizing the lights on the floats..

Thatll be interesting to see considering the park closes at 6 in October for Horror Nights... :lol:

1) You can expect some trail runs of a 7 PM Superstar Parade in October. Nothing is definite, but I like the idea of actually utilizing the lights on the floats.
2) Later character interactions are coming! Not gonna name any specifics on this one, but look for it very soon.

Transformers already do meet and greets all the way to park close at 10, and Spidey has been doing extended sets until around 8:30 every night. You're saying we should expect even more?

On nights the park doesn't have HHN UO will close at 8pm because of the nightly fireworks.

You speak in fact so you probably know something that I don't--howeverrrrr if this was the case they could just as easily do fireworks at 7 (it would be dark *enough* by then to do them)...I just don't see Universal only cutting two hours from their busy season to their slow season....unless they opened at 11 or something, I would imagine that they would want to keep the park open as few hours as possible, since they just don't get many people around that time. Being open until 8 in October has been pretty unheard of for Universal, at least in the last few years.

You speak in fact so you probably know something that I don't--howeverrrrr if this was the case they could just as easily do fireworks at 7 (it would be dark *enough* by then to do them)...I just don't see Universal only cutting two hours from their busy season to their slow season....unless they opened at 11 or something, I would imagine that they would want to keep the park open as few hours as possible, since they just don't get many people around that time. Being open until 8 in October has been pretty unheard of for Universal, at least in the last few years.

The park hours are posted on Universal's website and it isn't dark at 7pm.

Universal has changed a lot recently.

They got a brand new e-ticket ride and a newly themed immersive land, it's not out of the question. Also, not sure where you live, but 7pm here in Florida is still pretty damn sunny. The park would never open at 11, that is unheard of.

Transformers already do meet and greets all the way to park close at 10, and Spidey has been doing extended sets until around 8:30 every night. You're saying we should expect even more?

In a word: yes. In more words: I don't know if it's just one character or a lot (probably not many), but look for it next week.

They got a brand new e-ticket ride and a newly themed immersive land, it's not out of the question. Also, not sure where you live, but 7pm here in Florida is still pretty damn sunny. The park would never open at 11, that is unheard of.

Victoria has proven my point wrong but still, just a couple of things..

1. This brand new E-ticket, its impact was overestimated

2. of course opening at 11 is unheard of, that was the point

Now that I think about it though, it does make sense that if they were going to test a mighttime parade it would be at a time when theyre only open late a couple days out of the week