Wild Wild West Stunt Show Walls Removed | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Wild Wild West Stunt Show Walls Removed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Special Effects Stage is going to be removed as part of the Evolution Plan. As for what could replace it, I have no idea. We should keep the rest of our shows for now since WaterWorld will be leaving in 2015.
Hey hey lets not talk about removing WaterWorld yet... please!! I have seen the Indiana Jones stunt show in Orlando (in youtube mind you, I don't have the money to travel around the US puff lol) and well WaterWorld is spectacular because it's a water stage. Yes, the movie was crap but the show is just spectacular... I love how first timers are impressed when the plane shoots out and well it makes me remember when I was a kid and how this was awesome to me... to see a bit of movie magic....

Reactions: Zacharygof
Being realistic, it'll be leaving pretty soon  :(  I'd honestly hate to see it go. I feel like the actors always put out their all when performing. When an effect doesn't work or something doesn't go right or as planned, they continue on beautifully and act as if it never happened. I'll definitely miss Greg Dolph as the Deacon.. He's my personal favorite!

Being realistic, it'll be leaving pretty soon :( I'd honestly hate to see it go. I feel like the actors always put out their all when performing. When an effect doesn't work or something doesn't go right or as planned, they continue on beautifully and act as if it never happened. I'll definitely miss Greg Dolph as the Deacon.. He's my personal favorite!
I could sing praises to Greg for years. He's a friend of the site and a friend of mine and he is just such a joy to be around and a joy to watch perform. His positive attitude and personality make him an absolute pleasure to be around.

Interesting, right? Crazy what the difference between Florida and California building laws are. Florida built a giant E Ticket transformers ride in less than a year and we're going snail pace for a little park like area.

Interesting, right? Crazy what the difference between Florida and California building laws are. Florida built a giant E Ticket transformers ride in less than a year and we're going snail pace for a little park like area.
Don't mention that comparison again. I might start crying.  :lol: It's pretty ridiculous, though, to say the least..

by sticking around after the show by the hammerhead skeleton. They come out for photos and chit chat. I started talking to them a few years ago.
I've only seen Greg once, but I got to meet the Mariner the last time I visited!

Greg Dela Riva.  :) Cool guy. He took my Ravenclaw lanyard when I met him and said to "the Brazilian guy," "Man, I thought this was a real tie. Hey, we could hang you from this!"

I have one question I have been dying to ask... is the tank heated?? In winter they wear wet suits, but I imagine that even in a heated tank having to get out and climb those towers must be so cold... so is the tank heated?

Nope, it's not. In winter they wear long sleeved wetsuits and extra layers where they can, because it is freezing in there.
I read online that during the remaining seasons, they put on as many layers as desired for personal preference since the tank isn't heated. If you look at it, though, it'd be quite odd to have heated water. A lot of the water ends up flying onto the audience, and I don't think they'd be happy if warm water was splashed all over them on a hot day.

I read online that during the remaining seasons, they put on as many layers as desired for personal preference since the tank isn't heated. If you look at it, though, it'd be quite odd to have heated water. A lot of the water ends up flying onto the audience, and I don't think they'd be happy if warm water was splashed all over them on a hot day.
No obviously in summer there is no need... I was talking in winter

Heated water would steam. That would look odd. There is a hot tub back stage that they use before, after and even during shows. Fill up the wetsuit with hot water and it sure helps.