Wild Wild West Stunt Show Walls Removed | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Wild Wild West Stunt Show Walls Removed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Heated water would steam. That would look odd. There is a hot tub back stage that they use before, after and even during shows. Fill up the wetsuit with hot water and it sure helps.
Depends on how hot... I wasn't talking about making it a hot tub lol... just warming it to bearable temperatures... anyways it would cost a lot of money and we already know they don't so... I was just asking

Reactions: MaynardPt
Depends on how hot... I wasn't talking about making it a hot tub lol... just warming it to bearable temperatures... anyways it would cost a lot of money and we already know they don't so... I was just asking
And I was just answering. I kinda thought that was what this forum was about - a discussion. I apologize if my answer seems confrontational.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's going on with these forums???? People are being either way too confrontational or taking things too personally. Jon, Miss B and Chris do a fantastic job in trying to keep their site and forums friendly and informative. We can ask questions and people can respond, but we need to do so with respect.

What's going on with these forums???? People are being either way too confrontational or taking things too personally. Jon, Miss B and Chris do a fantastic job in trying to keep their site and forums friendly and informative. We can ask questions and people can respond, but we need to do so with respect.
I guess newer members just need to be reminded..!

Again, I apologize. I did not realize that my reply would be considered confrontational or show disrespect. I will be more careful in the future. Consider me reminded...

Reactions: Jon Fu
There's no need to apologize Tracy. We'll have an announcement tomorrow so everyone's clear about the role of the forums within the community.

Reactions: BernardMesa
But still, I am worried that Grinchmas may suck this coming year though..... if they do keep the central park, but again, we may never know until notice.

But still, I am worried that Grinchmas may suck this coming year though..... if they do keep the central park, but again, we may never know until notice.
Yeah I am also worried about Grinchmas... I really liked it and I would hate not to see it this year.Every time I saw it, people were like "meeh whatever" but after it was done everyone was like "woow wasn't expecting that". So lets see if they considered Universal Plaza to hold Grinchmas... I hope they did.

Yeah I am also worried about Grinchmas... I really liked it and I would hate not to see it this year.Every time I saw it, people were like "meeh whatever" but after it was done everyone was like "woow wasn't expecting that". So lets see if they considered Universal Plaza to hold Grinchmas... I hope they did.
I'm certain that Universal is planning on using the Universal Plaza space for seasonal events. That's why everyone is so eager to finally have this project wrapped up - if it ends up opening in July, then it'd end up closing just 2 or 3 months later for HHN. Then it'll open back up again for a bit, and close right back up a month later for Grinchmas.

^It probably won't be finished in time for HHN... Grinchmas is another story.
Now that's a shame.  -_-

Does anyone have any recent photo updates of Universal Plaza? I might not be going back to the park until this Saturday, and the last time I visited was almost a month ago, so I was just wondering how far they've come along now.

Does anyone have any recent photo updates of Universal Plaza? I might not be going back to the park until this Saturday, and the last time I visited was almost a month ago, so I was just wondering how far they've come along now.
We have one posted on the third of this month if you're interested: http://insideuniversal.net/2013/05/may-3-2013-park-update-universal-plaza-despicable-me-and-the-studio-tour/

...and shame about the finish time, Schmosby. That's not all-too surprising to hear, but it is a disappointment.

I think they are planning on using it as a stage show venue for both HNN and Grinchmas. It sure looks like they are building a permanent tech booth in there. Seating and walls can come in and be taken down depending on needs. The Toluca Lake paper has an article about a 4th of July fireworks show this year and the thoughts were to use the Plaza as a viewing area. Now it seems there won't be fireworks - again - so that leads me to believe that the Plaza won't be open in July. Maybe the first thing will be a HHN show?

Reactions: Jon Fu
I have one question I have been dying to ask... is the tank heated?? In winter they wear wet suits, but I imagine that even in a heated tank having to get out and climb those towers must be so cold... so is the tank heated?
Everyone is correct and saying it is not heated but the stunt people/actors do have a hot tub back stage to warm up after the shows on the cold days.