Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This early in the game these are just vomit concepts if true concepts at all, meaning... come up with anything and then draw diagrams of it. This early in the process is very similar to the American Scenic concept work for FJ. The idea that this guy could get his hands on it and post PICTURES of ride vehicles without massive legal action pushes credulity. Almost sounds like a false leak from UC or a premature leak of dumb concept work from a contractor.

Last edited:
Sounds cool, and I know we're all going to love the final result, but I would definitely like a little more coaster action. Universal is the king of 4D dark rides, but I still want some vertical thrills here, too.

But, yeah, those vehicles are drool-inducing.

And before we dive head-first into this, how credible is the source? I didn't even see the plans on the page (I very easily could have missed a link, though). I'd hate for a couple dozen pages of debate to originate from some regurgitation of what we've been saying for months :lol:

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!! :mad:

But seriously. I highly doubt most, if any of that stuff is real. No way someone from Universal was crazy enough to let pictures like that leak, let alone let someone post that kind of information. Not some random dude on Theme Park Insider, at least.

Honestly, the thing that makes the least sense to me is the single entrance to the land. I know Universal wants to stay as true to the story as possible, but that would be a nightmare. I really think they learned from the crowd control disaster the first time around.

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!! :mad:

But seriously. I highly doubt most, if any of that stuff is real. No way someone from Universal was crazy enough to let pictures like that leak, let alone let someone post that kind of information. Not some random dude on Theme Park Insider, at least.

Honestly, the thing that makes the least sense to me is the single entrance to the land. I know Universal wants to stay as true to the story as possible, but that would be a nightmare. I really think they learned from the crowd control disaster the first time around.

I'm going to have to agree with you here. That's really big information that I don't think Universal would have let slip that easily. We'll see in time though.

Although, I have to wonder why everyone is disappointed when it's similar stuff to what you've been talking about since the Wizarding World opened.

If these are real plans, I won't be mad because I don't like the content of the plans per say. I'll be mad because I don't like how much land Potter is beginning to take up in the parks. Potter taking over the Rest of LC or Amity is one thing. But it taking over BOTH areas is just too much space imo when it already has a presence in IOA as it is. :shrug:

I don't understand the outrage? What were people expecting? I sometimes wonder if people have read the books or seen the movies at all. :shrug:

Neither do I. But then again, I didn't read the books or see most of the movies :lol:. I really like the idea of the ride vehicle, I'm only slightly disappointed in the screens. And that has a lot to do with my lack of faith in Universal's ability to do them really well. (See: FJ and Simpsons). I'm also just a sucker for practical effects.

My only problem with the idea of having Potter 2.0 in USF is that the decision is so strictly financial, it has quite a bit of disregard for the theming of both WWOHP and the Studios. In IOA, come visit Harry Potter's world! And the next door, Harry Potter's other world! And then for West Coast visitors, the other one!

I just hope they have plans for something new somewhere else. With these plans and rumors of Poseidon closing, I wouldn't want IOA to get another HP attraction other than the train. That would just be overkill at this point. Maybe LC can get the LOTR attraction or something.

I think, it would be great to get as much Potter as possible and IF the plans are real (or at least) nearly real they would be cool. Sadly I live far away and can only visit once in 3 years- but maybe -more Potter means more visits in Florida

Do I remember something about a possible official announcement on this soon, or did I dream that? Sadly, I DO have dreams about universal quite often... (I know, I need to find a girlfriend)

Do I remember something about a possible official announcement on this soon, or did I dream that? Sadly, I DO have dreams about universal quite often... (I know, I need to find a girlfriend)

We've been speculating that an official announcement is close at hand, yes.

And don't worry. I think it's safe to say that everyone here has had the same confusion :rofl:

I don't understand the outrage? What were people expecting?
Agreed. I mean, isn't this what everyone here was expecting? Gringotts Bank, Diagon Ally, Hogwarts Express, etc... what else did you guys think was going to happen? You people need to quit whining and just accept what you get.

Last edited:
My only problem with the idea of having Potter 2.0 in USF is that the decision is so strictly financial, it has quite a bit of disregard for the theming of both WWOHP and the Studios.

Or you know, it could also be a creative decision as well....

It fits the geography of the source material and replaces a realistic land with another realistic land.

I believe some of you are mistaken that people are complaining about the fact that it is potter. Some are shocked that they might be trying to do a roller coaster that just coasts, slowly, because they might have decided to add 3D. You can't have people wearing 3D glasses on Mummy or they would fall off. So, many have considered the fact that it might a be mummy style ride system but never in a thousand years thought the whole thing would end up being Snow White and the 1 dwarf Spider-Man.

I will speak for myself, but I envisioned a fast jolting start with a bunch of slowing down and near stops at incorrect vaults etc. and then a mega rush coaster through cave canyons... Too, I generally dislike human AAs, but the goblins lend themselves to AA in spades and could be very convincing for various slow sequences. Projection and 3D on a Gringotts ride will be backtracking into stuff that has already been done. I just hope this is all contractor quote for presentation and contract stuff and has little to do with what UC really wants.

PS: Those ride vehicles look like something out of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and bare no resemblance to the films no-nonsense mine train designs.

Last edited:
The fact that the plans are still up make we ponder there authenticity. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.