Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, and if they remain up tomorrow, the first biz day after the holiday, then it is just putz. Is TPI usually reliable or is he just full of hot air and tons of travel posts and fluff with pics?

Been following him off and on for years and as time goes on the rumor department has grown if you know what I mean. I mean lets face it every site, hell every news outlet wants to be the first ones to break any news on Potterland. Its just to big, to successful of a story to be ignored at any level. Even though its a holiday weekend I find it hard to believe they could stay up for over 24 hours. Universal WAS BEYOND tight with Phase 1 sooo again I just don't see how one dude got the entire ride layout when I'm sure there still finalizing scenes. He also really dodges around in other areas of the expansion that one would expect to know given the detail he claims.

I believe some of you are mistaken that people are complaining about the fact that it is potter. Some are shocked that they might be trying to do a roller coaster that just coasts, slowly, because they might have decided to add 3D. You can't have people wearing 3D glasses on Mummy or they would fall off. So, many have considered the fact that it might a be mummy style ride system but never in a thousand years thought the whole thing would end up being Snow White and the 1 dwarf Spider-Man.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. It's just not something that's as ground breaking as the FJ. And if Universal is going to attempt more Potter, then they have to realize that people are expecting them to top themselves. There is a higher standard this time around, right or wrong.

Exactly. ^

He didnt reveal much that was not previously speculated... And that may be the only reason Uni hasnt come down with the mighty Hammer of auTHORity.

I anticipate that there is FAR more than what he has revealed. Also, Notice that any of the people who may or may not know things havent come in to call BS.

"Second, I've seen only detailed plans for the main attraction in the new land, which appears to be set in Gringotts Bank. I've seen rough detail of the rest of the new land, though, and picked out a few details here and there."

Also I think you guys might've skipped over this little tidbit of info ^. This makes sense.

I'm sure there still finalizing scenes.

I totally agree with what you said in your post. But to knitpick... they will not be finalizing scenes for at least 1-2 years and beyond. They will start construction on a determined shell of a building and keep redesigning based on what they committed to building wise. I was shocked to discover how fluid things remain a couple of years ago.

Ummm if Universal doesn't know about the concept art they do now. WESH news just reported it as there TOP STORY along with the malfunction at ROTM and ET :lol:

Ummm if Universal doesn't know about the concept art they do now. WESH news just reported it as there TOP STORY along with the malfunction at ROTM and ET :lol:

That is cool. Uni might feel compelled to respond. Hmmmm WESH is NBC... UC must feel betrayed. :lol:

And my top story was about 6 people being shot last night. News is so much more light hearted in Orlando :lol:

Nah... we will have a bunch of hacked up bodies, lost children, stabbed husbands and monstrous car crashes for breakfast tomorrow... then they will sign off with a happy story of an accident at the theme parks and a weevil bug eating all the palm trees in the state.

Last edited:
Well this is all pretty much every rumor tied together in a neat bow, with that patent that was posted a few weeks ago. If this is how the land and ride is laid out, then Disney beware.

But that all being said, I am not sure who would show him the plans and give him permission to speak up unless this was an intentional leak.... which I think it is, because ThemeParkInsider is UOR's darling blog.

Can't say Thor never gave you guys anything:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201112/2824/

Thanks for the link, Thor! That was interesting! Though I think it's, as others have speculated, probably just another case of the leaked FJ ride concept art, if even that. There is the chance that the guy is telling the truth and he did see such concept art, but this early in the project, it'd probably be pre-pre-preliminary concepts anyways.

Personally I believe that planning has finished. Personally I want as little details as possible to leak for 1 reason. I want disney to again be side swiped by how awesome this is.

Personally I believe that planning has finished. Personally I want as little details as possible to leak for 1 reason. I want disney to again be side swiped by how awesome this is.

I agree with this based on the fact the FJ had me totally by surprise and I loved that feeling. Every other ride out there always leaks to much info and it spoils the surprise of it all. As for Disney I am hoping for a huge answer to this as I love there parks to. Come on Disney make your fans proud rather than silent.

Personally I think TPI is full of it. 3 weeks ago they were claiming to high heaven that the rumor of Potter going into Jaws was "stupid and ridiculous". I don't see how they can go from that to getting a complete concept layout of the ride and new land.

Personally I think TPI is full of it. 3 weeks ago they were claiming to high heaven that the rumor of Potter going into Jaws was "stupid and ridiculous". I don't see how they can go from that to getting a complete concept layout of the ride and new land.

So what you're saying is...

[video=youtube;zSTEqHxh3fI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSTEqHxh3fI[/video]

Well this is all pretty much every rumor tied together in a neat bow, with that patent that was posted a few weeks ago. If this is how the land and ride is laid out, then Disney beware.

But that all being said, I am not sure who would show him the plans and give him permission to speak up unless this was an intentional leak.... which I think it is, because ThemeParkInsider is UOR's darling blog.

Well, considering the timing, I think it is intentional. New Year's Eve, the same day Disney was to make a BIG announcement (which semi fell flat). The stakes have been raised. Universal is playing the game very well. Leak the plans to a site many people read, also to one that may slip under the radar just enough to leave fans speculating if these are real or if TPI is full of it. That way the hype for their announcement gains more and more steam, anticipation grows. And when they do announce official plans, and the plans are even more grand that were leaked, Universal doesn't look like they are run my a bunch of mouse bean counters, er, marketers. When they say BIG they mean BIG.

Thanks for the link, Thor! That was interesting! Though I think it's, as others have speculated, probably just another case of the leaked FJ ride concept art, if even that. There is the chance that the guy is telling the truth and he did see such concept art, but this early in the project, it'd probably be pre-pre-preliminary concepts anyways.

You are welcome. Just figured I'd share the link here, real plans or not. And regardless if they are real or not, the fans are talking, it is generating buzz on other sites that have posted the link as well. So, the purpose has been fulfilled by whoever planted that leak, real or not.

You are welcome. Just figured I'd share the link here, real plans or not. And regardless if they are real or not, the fans are talking, it is generating buzz on other sites that have posted the link as well. So, the purpose has been fulfilled by whoever planted that leak, real or not.

Most definitely! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.