Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't WWW be a shop like Zonkos? What is the difference between the two content wise?

The only thing I can think of is that Zonko's was the only shop to really bomb in terms of public opinion. Perhaps by having an attraction that exits into the gift shop (another Zonko's) maybe they can boost the sales of that particular brand of HP merch. Plus, the Weasley's are known for going balls out when it comes to crazy sights (fireworks, for example).

Why wouldn't WWW be a shop like Zonkos? What is the difference between the two content wise?

Not much other than the products offered. Zonkos was a joke shop in Hogsmeade, WWW a joke shop in Diagon Alley. The Weasley's fireworks (also sold in WWW) were featured in OOTP, so I suppose they could do something with that, but otherwise....I dunno. They could turn it into a wacky ride. Something humorous? Maybe a joke goes wrong, the Weasleys are testing a new product, etc etc?

Not much other than the products offered. Zonkos was a joke shop in Hogsmeade, WWW a joke shop in Diagon Alley. The Weasley's fireworks (also sold in WWW) were featured in OOTP, so I suppose they could do something with that, but otherwise....I dunno. They could turn it into a wacky ride. Something humorous? Maybe a joke goes wrong, the Weasleys are testing a new product, etc etc?

The classic, AND THEN SOMETHING GOES HORRIBLY WRONG, attraction storyline :lol:

Dark ride > walk-through, any day of the week. I'd imagine any guest perceives more value in an attraction when they're riding in a vehicle through several scenes. I sincerely hope they go with the former - doesn't have to be anything fancy, a simple rail-dark ride would do. Lots of fun possibilities...

Seeeooooow... how much did the infamous wall street journal article screw up Uni's Hollywood and expansion announcements. If that was a rushed effort (which it appears it was) then when were they planning on announcing it? Monsieur Gofeur received a 'heads up' in late November. Was that a 7 day heads up or a 2 month heads up that was requested? I am so vexed that I just want to knit a sweater and shoot some methadone, and maybe have a cocktail....

Permits Filed for Demo of Lost Continent Buildings

Park Rumors has a new story stating that Uni has filed permits for demolition of a few buildings in the Lost Continent. They report that the documents reveal that a "tent" and building "234A" are planned to be torn down. When observing aerial views, the locations referenced are indeed a tent near the entrance to WWoHP and the current The Frozen Desert building.

Dem001.jpg

Dem002.jpg

234A_Tent.jpg

I'm guessing this is for opening up the space to form a queue during this summer's busy season. Maybe place a few planters to make the waiting bearable. Then, the rest. Also notable is that Lost Continent is referred to as the "Dark Continent". It is all but confirmed at this point.

All buildings in the Sinbad foreground area are listed as 234's but I don't know the letter designation. The tent is the gypsy fortune teller tent. I would imagine that A might be the frozen desserts (egyptian painting) building.

I'm guessing this is for opening up the space to form a queue during this summer's busy season.

Nah... it is the beginning of the end of the entire Sinbad area. Wave bye! I believe they might start by building a tree planted transition zone before the WW arch.

Last edited:
Someone should get some pics of those two structures, stat. The Frozen Desert, I recall, has some really nifty murals on its walls... I always admire them whenever I'm entering Wizarding World through Lost Continent. (And then I realize, wow, I'm one in probably ten thousand who stops and notices them. How sad.)

Nah... it is the beginning of the end of the entire Sinbad area. Wave bye! I believe they might start by building a tree planted transition zone before the WW arch.

That's what I thought. But they'll have to work fast to have that area open, and I still think summer crowds are a catalyst behind this. If any of these new permits show up, however, it will be obvious that they're just trying to clear the land as soon as possible, which is just as likely.

I do hate the transition or lack there of in that area. Let's lose some of the congestion and get a proper Sea Griffon back in place to Welcome the other side to what is left of The Lost Continent.

I do hate the transition or lack there of in that area. Let's lose some of the congestion and get a proper Sea Griffon back in place to Welcome the other side to what is left of The Lost Continent.

I was implying a transition to more potter in the sinbad area that has yet to be built, not a transition to the lost continent.

I was implying a transition to more potter in the sinbad area that has yet to be built, not a transition to the lost continent.

Ideally some work would help both in the cluster mess that is currently a random group of Games of Skill and then a brick arch.

I'm guessing this is for opening up the space to form a queue during this summer's busy season. Maybe place a few planters to make the waiting bearable. Then, the rest. Also notable is that Lost Continent is referred to as the "Dark Continent". It is all but confirmed at this point.

The Dark Continent? Busch Gardens Tampa?

:inquisitive:

Status
Not open for further replies.