Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant bus on a track (jaws without water) The bus does run from hogsmead to diagon alley(it is magic remember)
just thinking that the trip thru scottish countryside is not that exciting.Bus magically jumping from place to place (grimald place,burrow,main entrance to magic government building)
But it doesn't magically jump from place to place, it does have to drive there.
Not to mention, the mass public doesn't really care about the Knight Bus, they'd rather take the Hogwarts Express.

But it doesn't magically jump from place to place, it does have to drive there.
Not to mention, the mass public doesn't really care about the Knight Bus, they'd rather take the Hogwarts Express.

No, it does jump magically from place to place, when it has to travel long distances.

I seem to remember Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint arriving at the grand opening celebration in the Knight Bus, not the Hogwarts Express. It certainly made an impression then.

No, it does jump magically from place to place, when it has to travel long distances.

I seem to remember Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint arriving at the grand opening celebration in the Knight Bus, not the Hogwarts Express. It certainly made an impression then.

So that's your argument? :lol:

I meant bus on a track (jaws without water) The bus does run from hogsmead to diagon alley(it is magic remember)
just thinking that the trip thru scottish countryside is not that exciting.Bus magically jumping from place to place (grimald place,burrow,main entrance to magic government building)

I don't remember the bus running from Hogsmead to Diagon Alley. The only time I remember the bus was when it picked up Harry after he walked out of his aunt and uncle's home and took him to the Leaky Cauldron, all in the muggle world. i'm not doubting you, I just don't recall the KNight bus travelling anywhere but inside the muggle world as a transportation option for wizards and witches who cannot apparate yet and need to get somewhere fast.

Yeah I don't think the Knight Bus ever went to Hogsmeade. It stayed in the Muggle world. I'd like to see it as a prop and photo op in Diagon Alley though. That would be an awesome focal point.

Yeah I don't think the Knight Bus ever went to Hogsmeade. It stayed in the Muggle world. I'd like to see it as a prop and photo op in Diagon Alley though. That would be an awesome focal point.

How about in the London facade with the Ministry of Magic behind it? I'd love to see that photo op.

Here is my only thought, I won't call it a concern. If a Hogwart's Express is built to connect the two parks, how do they explain the Hogwart's Express in the middle of Hogsmead when the train stop won't be by there? Or will the train stop be close enough that they can say the photo op engine currently there is the front of the train currently in the station?

Ok, maybe I'm thinking too deeply LOL.

I honestly don't think you'd ever see the train engine while on the "ride". There would be the fake one in Hogsmead and a fake one in Kings Cross that you would walk past and thats it. More of a representation thing then a physical thing.

No, it doesn't. It just goes really fast.

I didn't mean it's not at all popular, just that it's a lot less popular than the Hogwarts Express.

I don't remember the bus running from Hogsmead to Diagon Alley. The only time I remember the bus was when it picked up Harry after he walked out of his aunt and uncle's home and took him to the Leaky Cauldron, all in the muggle world.
Actually, in Book 5, they used the Knight Bus to get back to Hogwarts after Christmas Break.

Actually, in Book 5, they used the Knight Bus to get back to Hogwarts after Christmas Break.

Ahhh ok, I didn't remember that. I didn't go back to refer to the books.

Yep, according to Harry Potter Wikia: In 1996, Harry, Ron and Hermione travelled back to Hogwarts from 12 Grimmauld Place on the Knight Bus after the Christmas holidays.

The conductor says the Knight Bus travels anywhere you want to go, as long as it's on land. It was in Wales before Harry boarded to go to the Leaky Cauldron in book 3. As a means of transportation for wizards, I don't see why it would stay in the muggle world...

Just stating some facts and saying the Knight Bus would not be a bad alternative for theme park transport between Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.
Oh, it definitely would be cool, but it'll most likely be passed over for the Hogwarts Express. BTW, you need to clear out your PM's.

It is more likely that a knights bus will be an effect. You are standing looking into a shop window and the knight bus appears to pass behind you on the street only to woosh and vanish.

The conductor says the Knight Bus travels anywhere you want to go, as long as it's on land. It was in Wales before Harry boarded to go to the Leaky Cauldron in book 3. As a means of transportation for wizards, I don't see why it would stay in the muggle world...
Yeah...the post that you're quoting was just me going off of reading the books once. And TSSD pointed out that in book 5 it did indeed go to Hogwarts which I didn't recall from reading the book in what...2003? And since I've seen the movies more recently and it wasn't in the movie, it was just an incorrect assumption. You're right. It would logically be able to go to Hogwarts and Hogsmeade since it is magic and all. It's just not as discussed in the series therefore more...secluded I guess...compared to the Hogwarts Express. If that makes any sense.

From Universal's Facebook page:

"You may have heard we’re making a big announcement next week about all of the new experiences we’re opening for you in 2012. And, some of you may be wondering whether that announcement will include an update on what we have planned for the JAWS! area… We want you to know that won’t be part of our announcement.

We will be sharing details on many other new & exciting entertainment offerings. Actually, we’re creating more new entertainment experiences for you in 2012 than during any other year in our history! Want to see if you can figure out what we’re going to announce? Then stay tuned for some hints and sneak peeks leading up to the big day.
"

I am disappoint.

From Universal's Facebook page:

"You may have heard we’re making a big announcement next week about all of the new experiences we’re opening for you in 2012. And, some of you may be wondering whether that announcement will include an update on what we have planned for the JAWS! area… We want you to know that won’t be part of our announcement.

We will be sharing details on many other new & exciting entertainment offerings. Actually, we’re creating more new entertainment experiences for you in 2012 than during any other year in our history! Want to see if you can figure out what we’re going to announce? Then stay tuned for some hints and sneak peeks leading up to the big day.
"

I am disappoint.

This announcement is about all the offerings for 2012. There's still a whole year ahead of us.

So were gonna talk about,

Despicable Me
Spiderman 4K
Mini Golf
Nightshow
Parade
Mardi Gras
Wouldn't be surprised to see Agro Circus return but with new name and overlay either...

Missing anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.