Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one not really impressed by these rooms? hah They don't look like much effort was put into the theming. I mean the Jurassic Park one is basically just a wall with wallpaper and themed headboards with a couple toy dinosaurs. IF they did this with HP it'd pale in comparison to what they have in the park.

Interesting that although they have themed rooms, there is no way to choose a themed room when booking from the websites. Not sure how that works.

You can select the room you want when booking online (besides presidential suite). When booking online press the '
closed-r-arr.gif
' and it'll drop down with all the available rooms. When booking at the Portofino or Hardrock it's listed under "Kids’ Suite" and when booking at the Royal Pacific it's listed as "Jurassic Park Kids' Suite".

Rates are crazy. $539 for a Seuss room on a Tuesday night in the middle of January. :)

Last edited:
Am I the only one not really impressed by these rooms? hah They don't look like much effort was put into the theming. I mean the Jurassic Park one is basically just a wall with wallpaper and themed headboards with a couple toy dinosaurs. IF they did this with HP it'd pale in comparison to what they have in the park.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't forget the Jurassic Park sticker on the door! That's pretty awesome!

You can select the room you want when booking online (besides presidential suite). When booking online press the '
closed-r-arr.gif
' and it'll drop down with all the available rooms. When booking at the Portofino or Hardrock it's listed under "Kids’ Suite" and when booking at the Royal Pacific it's listed as "Jurassic Park Kids' Suite".

Rates are crazy. $539 for a Seuss room on a Tuesday night in the middle of January. :)

Funny that I missed both of those. Portafino is vague as hell as it does not appear that you can choose the actual theme which could be anything from Knights and Castles to Cat Hat. The name "Kids Suite" doesn't quite work for me. It implies a suite for kids when it is really a suite for families where the parents room isn't themed at all yet the kids is. This just wouldn't cut it for an HP themed suite. Some of the parents might force the kids to sleep in the unthemed room if it was. :lol:

Funny that I missed both of those. Portafino is vague as hell as it does not appear that you can choose the actual theme which could be anything from Knights and Castles to Cat Hat. The name "Kids Suite" doesn't quite work for me. It implies a suite for kids when it is really a suite for families where the parents room isn't themed at all yet the kids is. This just wouldn't cut it for an HP themed suite. Some of the parents might force the kids to sleep in the unthemed room if it was. :lol:

LOL! Totally

closed-r-arr.gif

:stunned:

Are you KIDDING me? It's not even that neat. Looks like a standard kid's room. What a ripoff.

The $500+ price is probably because it's a suite that includes that room, parents room, and a living room. Still, pretty pricey!

--- Update ---

BTW, if you're a Florida resident or an Annual Pass holder, the price drops to $377.30 for that same night. FL residents use code FLO and Annual Pass people use code APH. Keep in mind, you do have to provide proof of either one at check in.

Also, Jurassic Park Kids Suite at the Royal Pacific is $293.30 for that night (FLO or APH). If I was booking either one, I'd definitely choose the JP one. Not just for price, but I think it's nicer looking. But that's just me :p

The $500+ price is probably because it's a suite that includes that room, parents room, and a living room. Still, pretty pricey!

--- Update ---

BTW, if you're a Florida resident or an Annual Pass holder, the price drops to $377.30 for that same night. FL residents use code FLO and Annual Pass people use code APH. Keep in mind, you do have to provide proof of either one at check in.

Also, Jurassic Park Kids Suite at the Royal Pacific is $293.30 for that night (FLO or APH). If I was booking either one, I'd definitely choose the JP one. Not just for price, but I think it's nicer looking. But that's just me :p

Not to get too off topic, but make sure you always check the regular rate before checking the Florida/APH. Sometimes, when they sell out of "discounted rooms" the rate using the APH or Florida code goes up to more than the regular rate. (I think this already happened for opening night of Mardi Gras at the Royal Pacific)

Not to get too off topic, but make sure you always check the regular rate before checking the Florida/APH. Sometimes, when they sell out of "discounted rooms" the rate using the APH or Florida code goes up to more than the regular rate. (I think this already happened for opening night of Mardi Gras at the Royal Pacific)

Those bastards. Supply and demand shouldn't apply here. As it is a theme park it should only be a 'happy' price. Most of the theme parks in central FL charge 'happy' prices. I can't recall exactly who it makes 'happy', but I know it makes someone really happy. See::happy:

True! Always do your research! :)

The "Project 37" documents @epcyclopedia is referring to have nothing to do with the Jaws replacement/Potter phase II. They're for the expansion of the employee parking lot, nothing more.

And the "8ft security fence" that's being built is nowhere near the Jaws ride. It's going up behind the retail complex that was built several years ago across from that Hess station.

The "Project 37" documents @epcyclopedia is referring to have nothing to do with the Jaws replacement/Potter phase II. They're for the expansion of the employee parking lot, nothing more.

And the "8ft security fence" that's being built is nowhere near the Jaws ride. It's going up behind the retail complex that was built several years ago across from that Hess station.

Aaand welcome to OU! :lol:

Well to be honest the expansion of the parking lot may have to do with Potter Phase 2 in that a new parking lot could be needed because the old one might be used for the expansion or for a Hogwarts Express attraction.

Thanks for the clarification! Looking at the satellite view, there is no where for them to expand a parking lot except UP from what I can see. Unless they plan to tear down a raft of buildings and/or both.

Update: See below. Is that the retail space that you speak of? If so, it appears far away from any kind of parking. So, where is there supposed to be this 'employee' parking lot upgrade and tall fence?

Picture-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.