Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always hated that idea. 1st off, how could you be staying in Hogwarts if Hogwarts is located away from your hotel, in IOA. Second off, it caters to one group HP fans. Anybody else would never stay there. Why pay more for a room based off a story you've never read, or movies you've never seen?

Thing is, that one group of fans is insanely large.

I imagine they'd get pretty steady business.

I'd LOVE to sleep over at Hogwarts! But, it's been brought up before, and everyone agreed that going from Hogwarts in one place, to Hogwarts in another place--all within the same property--would be pretty ridiculous.

I had a wacky idea once, about an on-site resort all about Universal Studios and IoA. For example it could have two wings, representing the two parks, and each floor on the wings could be themed to the different areas of the park. For example, Wing 1 (Studios) could have floors dedicated to Shrek, Despicable Me, Mummy, Simpsons, MiB, etc... Wing 2 (IoA) could have floors dedicated to Seuss, Potter, Popeye, Marvel, etc...
There would be issues with this type of hotel, though... I don't know that you could make it to look like you're within those worlds in each 'floor.' It might need to have a similar theme all around, like a modern style, and then accents of each of the parks within each section. Otherwise it could look tacky. Also, some 'floors' (Potter!) would be very popular and others not as much :p

^ I absolutely love that idea could be like Nick Hotel but with Universal Propoties instead of Nick I would love to stay in a Potter room or Dr. Suess room maybe make a floor dedicated to Jaws as well lol :p

The ultra exclusive Leaky Cauldron on site might be in the works... :shrug:

I've always hated that idea. 1st off, how could you be staying in Hogwarts if Hogwarts is located away from your hotel, in IOA. Second off, it caters to one group HP fans. Anybody else would never stay there. Why pay more for a room based off a story you've never read, or movies you've never seen?

Thing is, that one group of fans is insanely large.

I imagine they'd get pretty steady business.
^Precisely. I wouldn't underestimate the HP fanbase. And the hotel wouldn't necessarily have to be insanely large.

And yeah I have definitely thought of the issue of the different sites...obviously it wouldn't make sense to have it in different places. It'd be nice if there was space available with the castle in view so there would be the illusion that you're actually in it. And to have special resort access to the park. But I really don't know if such a site exists.

Last edited:
Why would the hotel have to be completely full every day to make a profit?

It's not about turning a profit on the hotel rooms. You have to look at the bigger picture of the resort. Real estate is a huge priority at Universal. They don't have any room to spare. They don't have the luxury of Disney who can run 125 resorts on property. Universal is in the process of trying to trap as many people as possible on property. In order to do that, you need to make your hotels as welcoming as possible for a very wide audience.

^I never really thought about that not everyone likes Harry Potter & I know alot of people that cant stand the series it would be nice if Universal made some Harry Potter themed rooms like how Disney is doing with some of there resorts (Pirates at Carrabean Beach, Princess at Port Orleans)

Why would the hotel have to be completely full every day to make a profit?
Bad choice of words. Basically, what I mean is that although the hotel would be insanely popular at first, and somewhat popular in the few years following, it simply could not hold it's popularity for an extended period of time.

^I never really thought about that. Not everyone likes Harry Potter & I know a lot of people that can't stand the series. It would be nice if Universal made some Harry Potter themed rooms like how Disney is doing with some of there resorts (Pirates at Carrabean Beach, Princess at Port Orleans)

Universal actually has themed rooms as well and in my opinion, that's probably the only way we would ever see Harry Potter and hotels combined in the resort.

Here's an example of one of Universal's current themed rooms:

VR7R8829.jpg

^ I totally forgot about this !!! My little cousin would love that room bu if I can remeber right wasnt there a Dr. Suess room in one of the resorts I really cant remeber lol

Status
Not open for further replies.