Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will work very well because they want it to work very well.

The more tight lipped they are the better because theres more speculation and more excitement to build. If the expansion is anything close to what we got the first time around it will be awesome and successful, it'll be pretty hard to fall flat on their face. Yes the bar is high, but if they make a ride that is Spiderman+Mummy+FJ into one, thats only a win, not a loss, and the less ACTUAL details that come, the better for them.

Look at the lagoon show, its CLEAR they are doing something, but not a peep has come out.

Look at the mini golf course, NOT A PEEP even though they started construction.

Look at King Kong, NOT A PEEP...oops went too far....but you get my point :thumbs:

LESS IS MORE

Reactions: Andy
It will work very well because they want it to work very well.

The more tight lipped they are the better because theres more speculation and more excitement to build. If the expansion is anything close to what we got the first time around it will be awesome and successful, it'll be pretty hard to fall flat on their face. Yes the bar is high, but if they make a ride that is Spiderman+Mummy+FJ into one, thats only a win, not a loss, and the less ACTUAL details that come, the better for them.

Look at the lagoon show, its CLEAR they are doing something, but not a peep has come out.

Look at the mini golf course, NOT A PEEP even though they started construction.

Look at King Kong, NOT A PEEP...oops went too far....but you get my point :thumbs:

LESS IS MORE

The main attraction has a lot riding on it, its the key factor for making guests visit both parks. Gringotts has to be able to top SM and the FJ to give the Studios that one ride that you just cannot miss.

Can someone, anyone point me to a thread talking about HP coming to Universal before the press release in June 2007? Was this site even here then?

Last edited:
Can someone, anyone point me to a thread talking about HP coming to Universal before the press release in June 2007? Was this site even here then?

As Hatetofly said, the site came about in February of 2008. However, I did find a few links from other sites pre-June 2007, if they help:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200701/287/

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200704/321/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wi..._Adventure)#Rumours_and_official_announcement

I would hope not. I think that was okay for Universal 5 years ago. I dunno how well a vague announcement would work this time, especially after the luke warm reaction to the California one.

JS, that painting that they released in 2007 was worth 10,000 words if not more. It was very accurate and told more than most noticed. I screamed like a wounded panther what it told us at the time (on another site) and no one listened... they had their OWN ideas and didn't believe the painting told us anything. I was right, they weren't. New artwork could tell us a thousand stories... if we just look for the logic in the painting.

Thanks Hateto and Tbad. Those docs give me great insight as to how it plays out historically. Sounds like all of us now. LOL, Niles was quoting About.com writers back then and extemporizing on it. The guy is PT Barnum if nothing else.

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP JT. That is exactly what I was thinking, but since I blew up the other thread with so many videos, I decided to leave it be on this one! LMAO!

internet-memes-it-only-ends-in-technicolor-disaster.jpg

Has anyone heard any chatter about the unused property behind IOA across Hollywood Way? I know when I was hired to open IOA in '99, they told it was earmarked for future park expansion and would be connected to the rest of IOA using a train that would pass over Hollywood Way.

Obviously, things haven't worked out that way, and last I saw of the UO master plan, this land had been earmarked for hotel/resort use. However, aside from taking over the rest of LC and Jaws, I continue to believe this is the most logical expansion site for WWoHP. Looking at Google maps, I estimate the distance from Jaws to Simbad and Simbad to this land to be roughly comparable. Could UO really go for a grandslam and build a Hogwarts express that makes 3 stops instead of 2? What about doing something really out of left field and put a HP Hotel there?

Has anyone heard any chatter about the unused property behind IOA across Hollywood Way?

There are two parcels, one off Hollywood Way and Turkey Lake, the other between Adventure Way and Royal Pacific. Resorts might still be possible for one but the latest rumor is for a new waterpark that may use part of one of these.

What about doing something really out of left field and put a HP Hotel there?
I've thought for a while now that a HP hotel in the theme of Hogwarts with different sections being dedicated to the four houses would be insanely cool and could be a real cash cow I'm sure. Who wouldn't want to stay in a Hogwarts common room? One can dream...

I've thought for a while now that a HP hotel in the theme of Hogwarts with different sections being dedicated to the four houses would be insanely cool and could be a real cash cow I'm sure. Who wouldn't want to stay in a Hogwarts common room? One can dream...
I've always hated that idea. 1st off, how could you be staying in Hogwarts if Hogwarts is located away from your hotel, in IOA. Second off, it caters to one group HP fans. Anybody else would never stay there. Why pay more for a room based off a story you've never read, or movies you've never seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.