Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Olllivander's draws people to the shop and maybe convinces them to buy a wand. Maybe in the future they'll change it, but I think when Potter 2.0 opens up we're gonna have 2 Ollivander's.

People are drawn into the shops no matter what. Not to mention the wand cart makes gangbuster business without the lead in.

I'm sure we'll have 2 Olivanders. I just don't want 2.

I'm sure we'll have 2 Olivanders. I just don't want 2.

Neither do I. I'm on the same boat. I've mentioned it before, and I want Dervish & Banges to be expanded into that space. No more lines for shops dang it! Or at least one less with D&B. The Tea Shop would be cool, but I find it HIGHLY unlikely they'd put this in the American market. I drink tea sometimes and like to try different exotic teas, but I just don't see this ever happening.

On a similar note of food & drinks, I would be SUPER excited for a Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor in Diagon Alley!

The Tea Shop would be cool, but I find it HIGHLY unlikely they'd put this in the American market. I drink tea sometimes and like to try different exotic teas, but I just don't see this ever happening.

Orlando is a very international market. I don't think it would have a problem doing business.

On a similar note of food & drinks, I would be SUPER excited for a Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor in Diagon Alley!

I will literally start a riot if we don't get the ice cream parlor.

Neither do I. I'm on the same boat. I've mentioned it before, and I want Dervish & Banges to be expanded into that space. No more lines for shops dang it! Or at least one less with D&B. The Tea Shop would be cool, but I find it HIGHLY unlikely they'd put this in the American market. I drink tea sometimes and like to try different exotic teas, but I just don't see this ever happening.

Tea is actually gaining popularity in America from what I've observed.

And yes, we better get the ice cream shoppe.

Hey everyone! I just joined the forum but I've been lurking here for quite some time. I just visited USO and IOA in early December which solidified my love and amazement for the parks. I know this isn't the welcome section so I'll skip all that junk and get right to my reason for posting here in this thread. I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but I've looked things over and haven't seen it yet. On the Harry Potter Wiki they have a list of shops and locations located in Diagon Alley. I've bolded the places I'd like to see in the expansion and ones that I think would be pretty realistic in a theme park setting. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks and see some ideas that can be created surrounding these locations:

-2nd Hand Brooms
-Amanuensis Quills: A shop in Diagon Alley that sells quills. It is next to Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasions shop. (We don't have a quill shop that we can actually explore in Hogsmeade...but one has to ask, will theme park goers and HP fans want to buy quills? The market might be a risk. But still would be cool to see.)
-Broomstix
-Eeylops Owl Emporium: A pet shop located in Diagon Alley that sells owls and things that will help owls, like Owl Treats. It sells a variety of breeds, including Screech, Barn, Tawny, Brown, and Snowy. (I think this is an absolute given. Especially since the store got some exposure as being a clue during the Pottermore beta period)
-Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour: It was owned and operated by Florean Fortescue, and was located at Diagon Alley. (Would absolutely love to see this one. Just think of the different flavors of ice cream that could be created with this theme. Also would work great in a theme park setting.)
-Flourish and Blotts: A popular bookshop in Diagon Alley where most Hogwarts students purchase their schoolbooks.
-Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop (Not sure. Since we have Zonkos and all.)
-Gringotts Wizarding Bank (Inevitable I think.)
-The Leaky Cauldron: A popular Wizarding pub in London. It is the entrance to Diagon Alley. (Also inevitable)
-Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions: Sometimes simply referred to as Madam Malkin's, it is a shop in Diagon Alley. Students get their Hogwarts school uniforms there, and also dress robes, travelling cloaks, and the like. (I think this is another pretty important location in the series.)
-Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions: Located at 275 Diagon Alley, this shop helps witches getting rid of "warts and worse". (Would be interesting as a facade at the least.)
-Magical Menagerie: One of the shops where students buy their pets and supplies.
-Obscurus Books: Located at 18a Diagon Alley, Obscurus is a Wizarding book publisher. Its range of titles include the popular Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
-Ollivanders Wand Shop (Has been, and is currently being discussed...I think it should be moved.)
-Potage's Cauldron Shop: A shop that sells cauldrons. (This is currently in Hogsmeade if I remember correctly.)
-Quality Quidditch Supplies: A shop in Diagon Alley. Its main products are things having to do with Quidditch such as Quaffles, Bludgers, and broomsticks. (Probably just a facade since I doubt they would be able to sell many Quidditch supplies.)
-Scribbulus Writing Instruments
-Secondhand robe shop
-Slug & Jiggers Apothecary: Where students buy their potion ingredients.
-Sugarplum's Sweets Shop: A shop that sells confections. (Would be comparable to Honeydukes.)
-TerrorTours: Located at 59 Diagon Alley, TerrorTours is presumably a travel agency for wizards and witches.
-Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, a shop in Diagon Alley (Would be a beautiful facade as well for those familiar with the movies.)
-The Ministry Press: A publishing house affiliated to the Ministry of Magic. (Would go well especially if the Ministry is included in the expansion but who knows.)
-The Daily Prophet's main office: Presumably where the Daily Prophet newspapers are printed. (Very prevalent in the series.)
-Twilfitt and Tatting's
-Whizz Hard Books
-Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
-Various stalls and peddlers: There are a variety of street peddlers who take up space in between shops out on the main thoroughfare of Diagon Alley. Included are: a flower vendor, a vendor who is selling roasted chestnuts, and a jewellery vendor.

Last edited:
I think the quill shop would be really cool & The Daily Prophet could be another cool place to visit & the thing about Ollivanders I think they'll keep the one in Hogswarts and build another one in Diagon Alley

Just goes to show you the sheer amount of money all of these new shops will bring in. I doubt we will see 2 of anything outside of mobile themed carts, and I would imagine the shops in IOA will be either changed or rethemed in preparation of Diagon Alley. Besides if your goal is to make people visit both parks why offer the same thing at both?

I just want to throw out a point someone was trying to make, is it possible yes, probable no.

What if Universal purposely leaked fake plans. Not to mess with Disney's NYE surprise but to take care of future issues. Some where along the lines Universal has a few leaks so what if this is a way to catch the person leaking info. I mean considering USH's version of Potter was announced well ahead of plan and Universal was very upset about it leaking it kind of makes sense. Its a hell of a bait. :lol:

I just want to throw out a point someone was trying to make, is it possible yes, probable no.

What if Universal purposely leaked fake plans. Not to mess with Disney's NYE surprise but to take care of future issues. Some where along the lines Universal has a few leaks so what if this is a way to catch the person leaking info. I mean considering USH's version of Potter was announced well ahead of plan and Universal was very upset about it leaking it kind of makes sense. Its a hell of a bait. :lol:

How would they purposely leak something, but still catch a mole? Pass around fake info or something I guess?

^
^
^
^
etc.

I believe some have just stepped into the world of coverups and conspiracy theories; Tinker, Tailor, Designer, Spy. I believe the two car images are authentic to some extent... yet they have not been removed. American Scenic's one micro picture of FJ was removed within a DAY. It is as if the ride design ideas were discarded designs that UC could care less about. What is odd is that even the WORST design ideas that got posted on websites for WW were pulled within 24hrs. Remember the outdoor tables with witches hat umbrellas? Yeeeesh!

Oh, but expect this announcement to say nothing or next to nothing about Gringott's. Remember the announcement for the first WWOHP? "We are proud to ..,blah, blah....Hogsmeade...Blah, blah...Hogwarts...blah, blah...state of the art...blah, blah...set designers from the movies....blah, blah...JK...etc.

It was 2 years after the announcement before we even got the attractions name.

The most informative part of this announcement will be concept art.

I would hope not. I think that was okay for Universal 5 years ago. I dunno how well a vague announcement would work this time, especially after the luke warm reaction to the California one.

Status
Not open for further replies.