Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if anyone has thought of this but I think it'd be so cool while your riding the train the train stops because of Dementors like it did in the third movie I think that would be the coolest thing ever lol
Btw awesome pics hatetofly

Yeah, no, I've yet to be frightened by anything in a theme park since I emerged from the "anything over five feet is going to kill me" phase of childhood, but I'm pretty sure that would give me a heart attack.

Also, thank you for the photos, hatetofly!

Your welcome everyone, I wish I could get some eyes on the old Jaws site because work has increased big time over there. Universal just loves people like me :lol: For those who may not know they have sealed each and every crack of that temp work wall, added the goofy tourists who really are just there to keep an eye on things, built that massive fence by the apartments, as well as added more security to the area.

To quote Figment from the other thread, WE NEED TO...

[video=youtube;Xs_OacEq2Sk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs_OacEq2Sk[/video]

Looks like we're losing waterfront and not gaining it. They're just getting rid of the juts. Of course, they'll probably just build a wooden deck. May still end up with more sq ft.

Edit: that pile of dirt on 722 is MASSIVE:stunned:

Edit again: Seems like they want to keep the tent operational until the last second.

Yeah, no, I've yet to be frightened by anything in a theme park since I emerged from the "anything over five feet is going to kill me" phase of childhood, but I'm pretty sure that would give me a heart attack.

It maybe scary but that would be the coolest thing ever hopefully if they do that no one will have a heart attack :lol:

Idk if anyone has thought of this but I think it'd be so cool while your riding the train the train stops because of Dementors like it did in the third movie I think that would be the coolest thing ever lol
Btw awesome pics hatetofly

Prepare yourself. That's coming.

Could you give a brief rundown/explanation of the possible storyline for the non-Potter fans?

Basically your in route to either Hogwarts or Diagon alley and during the ride your train is stopped and searched by Dementors. Would be nice if they can utilize the freeze effect.

Basically your in route to either Hogwarts or Diagon alley and during the ride your train is stopped and searched by Dementors. Would be nice if they can utilize the freeze effect.

Are there not any other good villains to use in the Potter-verse? Or is there really no choice?

"Screamscape is pretty close although the projection/media system will be far more advanced than the example Lance gives. During tests people have been getting a bit sick due to the ultra-realism and depth perception. The media actually needs to be created in layers with varying speeds represented based on the speed of the train and sequence. As far as in cabin effects, let's just say that the cabins could get a bit chilly at times for one example."-WhyLightBulb

I'd love for the freeze effect to work then your door creeps slowly open until a dementor hand reaches in and calls out one of the persons name in the room passengers will sit in possibly how they work ET at the end but with better audio lol

Dementor Scene 101:

[video=youtube;NcLAjLePYfI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcLAjLePYfI[/video]

In the third installment, the story opens (more or less) with news of the Alcatraz-ish wizard prison, Azkaban (off in the sea, scary as all hell) experiencing its first breakout. Everyone regards this dude, Sirius Black, as one of the most dangerous wizards of their time because he'd been rumored to have murdered thirteen (I might be remembering this a bit incorrectly, I'm running on two minutes of sleep) people.

Prior to his breakout, he'd been saying things like "he's at Hogwarts," in his sleep, leading everybody informed to believe he meant Harry. As such, Hogwarts is placed under strict and terrifying safety measures, including guard courtesy of the Dementors-- you know them from FJ, but at this point in the series they're mostly known for guarding the wizard prison and stealing souls and stuff.

Part of that involves a surprise Dementor inspection on the train ride to Hogwarts. You have to understand that there is a very elaborately-described physical effect when these creatures are anywhere near you, which can range from a feeling of cold, sorrow, and loss of all hope to, if you happen to be the Boy Who Lived, a fainting spell complete with graphic memories of your parents' death. It's just very, very terrifying and, if the visuals in the movie are anything to go by, it'd be a very psychologically frightening ordeal in the Hogwarts Express, especially for the Potter fans who are privy to the creatures' notoriety in the series.

Yeah, I know, brevity is not my strong suit. Oops.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Status
Not open for further replies.