Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 232 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question: is there a secret, unused room in the FJ queue? For whatever reason, I seem to remember discussion of one towards the end of phase 1 construction.

There are 3 possibilities here: I dreamt this up, someone was making things up back then, or it's real.

Tying this into phase 2 and/or 3, if this room exists, is it located in a position to be an entrance for Great Hall restaurant addition to the castle?

Likewise... Except I'm in Gryffindor so Gryffindor robes are on my checklist to buy next time I visit Phase 1!

I was Pottermore-sorted into Ravenclaw five times before my first visit, but well after I'd established an overarching internet identity under "Ravenclawdia" and bought a good amount of Ravenclaw merch, so the first sorting experience was particularly nervewracking. Heh.

I was Pottermore-sorted into Ravenclaw five times before my first visit, but well after I'd established an overarching internet identity under "Ravenclawdia" and bought a good amount of Ravenclaw merch, so the first sorting experience was particularly nervewracking. Heh.
Ravenclaw merchandise is so disappointing since it isnt canon.

Random question: is there a secret, unused room in the FJ queue? For whatever reason, I seem to remember discussion of one towards the end of phase 1 construction.

There are 3 possibilities here: I dreamt this up, someone was making things up back then, or it's real.

Tying this into phase 2 and/or 3, if this room exists, is it located in a position to be an entrance for Great Hall restaurant addition to the castle?

Not sure if this is what you're talking about or not, but if you do the "castle tour" line (what will likely become Express in a few years) you will go through a similar but different portrait room than the regular line, then you proceed into the rest of the rooms/areas of the line in the second line you see in the rooms up to where the singles line joins up.

^I highly doubt that's what ReelJustice is thinking of. The castle tour is no secret to anyone.

BehindUniversalStudios has posted some great shots of the main area as well as the waterfront

iblyEtjjdGveWF.jpg

iC5OPBxH2N7ER.jpg

iPi1OiLCyRwHc.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if this is what you're talking about or not, but if you do the "castle tour" line (what will likely become Express in a few years) you will go through a similar but different portrait room than the regular line, then you proceed into the rest of the rooms/areas of the line in the second line you see in the rooms up to where the singles line joins up.

No, I'm well aware of that. The room im talking about, if it exists, is a room that is currently vacant and reserved for future use.

Eta: the new sea wall dwarfs the old one. Impressive.

No, I'm well aware of that. The room im talking about, if it exists, is a room that is currently vacant and reserved for future use.
Every space of the building is used. Just think about the layout, the only thing you haven't seen as a guest is what is on the 1st level next to Filtches, under/beside the main load platform and that is TM break area and then the maintenance bay.

That was stuff I talked about back in 2010. The plans appear to show open space next to the first floor dungeon queue (right side before going back outside to the greenhouse). Let me reexamine them with a fresh eye and get back to you.

LOL! That didn't take to long. The reason I thought that there was open space in that location is because, on the plans it says, "OPEN SPACE"!!! Duh!

Actually, rechecked and there are two sizable unused spaces on both sides of the dungeon queue. Left is numbered 107 and is under the Dark Arts classroom and space 108 is under the portrait room and dumbledore's office.

Last edited:
That was stuff I talked about back in 2010. The plans appear to show open space next to the first floor dungeon queue (right side before going back outside to the greenhouse). Let me reexamine them with a fresh eye and get back to you.

LOL! That didn't take to long. The reason I thought that there was open space in that location is because, on the plans it says, "OPEN SPACE"!!! Duh!

Actually, rechecked and there are two sizable unused spaces on both sides of the dungeon queue. Left is numbered 107 and is under the Dark Arts classroom and space 108 is under the portrait room and dumbledore's office.
Thanks! I wish they would have expanded the queue here and not outside. Unfortunate.

Thanks for sharing but the map was updated roughly two months ago.

From that pic its time for a parking garage...

lol yeah there would be a lot of freed up space if they build a multi-story there for staff...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing but the map was updated roughly two months ago.

yeah I noticed that, it should be relatively easy to get a pretty precise date as the walls are up, there's no demolition yet and soundstage 44 is still standing too

hi all, apologies if it's been posted already but google maps has now been updated to the stage of when the construction walls went up but it gives a good idea of the scale of the project - http://goo.gl/maps/Aqwn8

A little off-topic, but... YES! Those ugly 360 barges are gonneeee. I hated seeing them on the map. I realize the update is old, but it wasn't showing up for me. This is a happy day.

Anywhoo, looking at it that way does give some good depth. And man, seeing Jaws like that... takes me back to January; seems so long ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.