Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no doubt he's respectful and appreciative of what Potter has done for him. He mentions it specifically. But I don't think that that alleged counterproductivity will even be such. It would only be a small project, just as Phase I's was. I would understand a new film, but anything else is just so minuscule to give it any sort of professional-image weight.

It's kind of disappointing seeing Dan withdraw more and more from the franchise, valid and reasonable as his justification may be. But I'd be more disappointed to see. But I'm completely fine with it. He's been around for a while and more appearances here and there wouldn't contribute more to the fandom or the franchise than he has before. There's more than enough material for merchandise and I would lovelovelove to see other characters get more representation, especially Gred and Forge given the WWW context.

I feel like his withdrawing earlier than other cast members helps keep the time he was active more valuable and prevents, well, overkill. I think I've established well enough that Harry Potter is the biggest thing in my life, but I'm just not feeling Dan anymore; the "his portrayal of Harry was my first encounter w/ the franchise" nostalgia aside, I'm more invested in the literary canon and other portrayals of Harry than I see myself being in Dan's portrayal from here on out.

And I'd rather miss him here and there a little bit than have him hovering around rather than actively contributing to the fandom and its movements like others from the cast do.

TL;DR: Luna! Weasleys! Yeah!

While Daniel has declined to revive his role as Potter for the development of Phase II, I think it is a must for him to attend the Grand Opening. His is after all Harry Potter.

I just think he feels that at his age, to put the glasses back on and "be" the boy who lived would be kind of sad and pathetic. That is different than making an appearance as Daniel Radcliffe, the actor who played Harry Potter.

As an aside, I love Evanna Lynch. She's amazing! She signed my WWHP Ministry of Magic bag at the Premiere of DH Part 2 :heart: :lol:

But slightly more on topic, I can kind of see why some of the actors feel like it's time to let it be. I mean, by now they've dedicated so much of their lives to the production and marketing. At the actual Premiere of the last film, Maggie Smith looked slightly like she wasn't fussed and would rather not have been there. While everyone else stopped and signed things and chatted to people, she walked straight up the red carpet without so much as a glance. Unfortunately when working with actors of her stature it's to be expected really. However, I don't think the lack of actors (even if they had none at all) would be detrimental to the success of Phase 2. For one they still have all the character-filled stuff in IOA, but also with it being Diagon I think it is just an easy thing to do justice without them anyway. All we need are the posters stuck all over the walls like the Sirius poster outside The Three Broomsticks, the same level of care in the overall environment... And who didn't look at those goblins high up at the desks in Gringotts in the last film and think, "animatronic!" :thumbs:

I can see turning down being the "star" of any future ride video, but I don't see the reason why he couldn't do cameos for ride videos or pictures for merchandise and such.

Yeah, I should clarify, I never intended to mean Radcliffe had any negative feelings toward Harry Potter, just that there isn't a huge future for an actor who only does seven memorable movies total. It's going to be incredibly difficult for him to get people to think of him as anything but Harry Potter and every appearance he makes in relation to that character will further any chances of him having a notable career post Potter. it's completely understandable. I do agree an appearance at the grand opening would be fantastic, but I'd be very surprised if it happened.

Yep, I say leave Daniel out of it and stop expecting him to play that part forever. You have the movies, go watch them. I enjoyed him in Woman in Black and didn't think of him as HP there... and next, he is playing young gay poet of the 1950's, Allen Ginsberg in an upcoming film. He's doing just the right things for his career so far.

Behind Universal Studios has some new photos of the London waterfront up and it appears that more of the previous lagoon wall has been cut away.

iwgBnp5MFoydg.jpg

ikzlWXh9l6RnH.jpg

ijxDaQ4Z2mOo7.jpg

Mercy, they are theming the concrete already! Not sure where they are going with it. I would have expected foam molding before this stage. hmmm.
Let me know if it starts to look like this molding:

7342355798_cbda2c74bb_b.jpg

BTW, loved the saying. "If the Lions drink, London will sink"

Mercy, they are theming the concrete already! Not sure where they are going with it. I would have expected foam molding before this stage. hmmm.
Let me know if it starts to look like this molding:

7342355798_cbda2c74bb_b.jpg

BTW, loved the saying. "If the Lions drink, London will sink"

I cannot WAIT to see this at USF. #ClassClassClass

While Daniel has declined to revive his role as Potter for the development of Phase II, I think it is a must for him to attend the Grand Opening. His is after all Harry Potter.

I just think he feels that at his age, to put the glasses back on and "be" the boy who lived would be kind of sad and pathetic. That is different than making an appearance as Daniel Radcliffe, the actor who played Harry Potter.

Well, its not as if someone like Mark Hamill didn't have a stellar career after Star Wars....................oh, wait

Daniel RadCliff (cool name bro) is doing the smartest thing possible for his career. but in the end, he will ALWAYS be Harry Potter. Thre is no escaping it. It will be the first sentence of his media obituary, "most famous for playing Harry Potter". I don't care how many movies/plays he does, that's what he will always be known for.

I agree. I also agree with Teebs in that if he's going to move past Harry Potter he's doing the right thing for his career, I just don't see any way that people aren't going to ALWAYS think of him as Mr. Potter. He's a very good actor, so I have no doubts he was excellent in Woman in Black. But perception is reality and he'll likely always have the Potter stigma surrounding him.

Daniel RadCliff (cool name bro) is doing the smartest thing possible for his career. but in the end, he will ALWAYS be Harry Potter. Thre is no escaping it. It will be the first sentence of his media obituary, "most famous for playing Harry Potter". I don't care how many movies/plays he does, that's what he will always be known for.

Today
7753927390_bb157210ef_c.jpg

7753925454_a14a788f33_c.jpg

7753921364_ff20c3ce81_c.jpg

7753917368_9d31f9e1a2_c.jpg

7753911506_5d3ef03c8d_c.jpg

7753865260_b4772c87dc_c.jpg

Hey Shaggy, did you hear the new sea wall is almost finished? It'll look amazing when it's finished, Ive seen it! Now where did I put my Delorean....or train....or Institute of Future Technology! Great Scott, they've been erased from existence!

Last edited:
Reactions: Disneyhead
I have my fingers crossed that I can actually walk on the new waterfront walkway in October.

Thanks for the pics Frenzy...now, about those backstage road pictures:wave:

What we cannot see in Frenzy's pics is that the last section is underway:

PM footer inspection from Pilaster 2 going north to Pilaster 1 and continuing north to tie in to existing wall footing, finishing footings for Lagoon Wall.

As I said earlier in the week, the Pilaster count starts on the MiB end and ends at San Francisco and they've started the theming process as now evidenced in pictures(the first inspection was Tuesday)

You know, I may be paranoid, but posting a picture of an employee who can probably identify you on a message board full of theme park rumors may not be the wisest career move

Status
Not open for further replies.