Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 237 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been discussed before, but are they doing a phased opening of the attractions a la FLE? If not, I can see a big press event ending with something like, "Oh yeah, and when we grand open, EVERYTHING will be operational." <Drops the mic>

This may have been discussed before, but are they doing a phased opening of the attractions a la FLE? If not, I can see a big press event ending with something like, "Oh yeah, and when we grand open, EVERYTHING will be operational." <Drops the mic>

I don't think anyone wants to open anything like they've opened FLE. Poor planning and takes away the luster.

I would expect it to open just like Cars Land and WWoHP Phase 1.

That's how it was for Phase 1. I'd think they'd do it the same way again.

I do wonder how many of the actors would be willing to attend now that they've gone to do other gigs and considering they did usher in the original WWOHP with a bang.

That's how it was for Phase 1. I'd think they'd do it the same way again.

I do wonder how many of the actors would be willing to attend now that they've gone to do other gigs and considering they did usher in the original WWOHP with a bang.

You can pretty much bet on Evanna Lynch and the Phelps twins attending. Perhaps Tom Felton. You won't see Radcliffe IMO.

I don't think you could keep Evanna Lynch away from a Potter event if you tried. She was a huge Potter fan before she was Luna, and she remains very active in the fandom.

tumblr_m7uig8lu1q1r0btieo1_500.png

Her aside, I have no idea. Wouldn't bet on Dan being there, though.

It would be awesome, not to mention miraculous, if more of the older actors showed up. Just imagine the opening with Ralph Fiennes, Gary Oldman, and Alan Rickman (by Grabthar's Hammer, what a land!). It would never happen, but it's fun to dream.

Does make you wonder how much they get for an appearance at the Wizarding World. I know Daniel Radcliffe seems to want to move past his role as Harry Potter so money might not be his only concern, although Mark Hamill can tell you that's never going to happen. But surely the actors and actresses who played Madeye Moody, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, and some of the other Order of the Phoenix would be a possibility. Gary Oldman would be a pretty tough pull. As would Ralph Feines. I just wonder how many of the actors and actresses saw this as just another role, and how many actually get into the Harry Potter universe, so to speak? Unfortunately, as much as we would like for them to be, not all of them are as big of fans of the series as Evanna Lynch.

Okay, am I the only one that thinks that Daniel Radcliffe not wanting to do anything else for Phase II is kind of both puerile and petty? Literally the only thing he would be doing is perhaps making a small appearance on merchandise so there can be new bags and billboards as well as attending the opening. Like it or not, if you become the head of a franchise, you need to back it up for as long as it's milked out. I kind of love all he is and the franchise of which he was the visual flagship, but this attitude of his just kind of makes me pull a stone face.

Okay, am I the only one that thinks that Daniel Radcliffe not wanting to do anything else for Phase II is kind of both puerile and petty?

You state this as if it is fact! Radcliffe hasn't even commented on Potter in a negative way to my knowledge. As far as phase II goes, I am not even sure he is aware of it. Please don't jump to conclusions.

In a small interview, when asked about helping out with the expansion, he declined. If only I had the link... I know it's somewhere on here!

And I wholly respect that he wants to move on, but abandoning any help with this project wouldn't really help in my view.

To be honest I'd actually rather have Diagon Alley devoid of the main 3 and the other big characters. Let Fred and George have their moment in the sun. Or the Goblins from Gringotts. Hell, maybe even throw Bill in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.