Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, as someone who's favorite Orlando park is EPCOT because of World Showcase, the UK pavilion is one of the weakest when it comes to the buildings. It just doesn't capture me the way the rest of the pavilions do. It looks decent, but it would not be hard to top, at all.

Honestly, as someone who's favorite Orlando park is EPCOT because of World Showcase, the UK pavilion is one of the weakest when it comes to the buildings. It just doesn't capture me the way the rest of the pavilions do. It looks decent, but it would not be hard to top, at all.

I'm with you EPCOT is my favorite WDW park and 2nd in Orlando behind IoA, but UK is just weak.

MiaBoy, Rhino4ever, and Mitchiez in 3...2...1...

DD5 and DS 8 luv the pins in Epcot UK!

LOL...I am not a Disney fanboy, I just don't hate them as much as the rest of you. I actually prefer Islands of Adventure to any park in Orlando. If anything I am a roller coaster fanboy. Although I can't exactly take my 3 year old on the Hulk Coaster.

- - - Updated - - -

also I agree that the UK section in Epcot is weak. They DO have a nice bar though, which is the only reason I like to go to Epcot now anyway. To drink. Epcots rides/attractions are some of my least favorite at Disney World.

I guess my main problem with Epcot is that every change they have made seems to be for the worse. It's not the same park I loved as a kid at all. The recent attractions Mission Space, Test Track, and Soaring have all been underwhelming. All the changes to the rides Spacship Earth, The Land, Journey into Imagination, etc have all been downgrades.

Last edited:
I guess my main problem with Epcot is that every change they have made seems to be for the worse. It's not the same park I loved as a kid at all. The recent attractions Mission Space, Test Track, and Soaring have all been underwhelming. All the changes to the rides Spacship Earth, The Land, Journey into Imagination, etc have all been downgrades.

I think the additions to the Land was the best thing they've done to Future World. Whether you like Soarin' or not, it's a crowd pleaser (and crowd eater) on a very dead side of the park. Imagination though...that's a travesty.

Soarin' just needs a whole bunch of love, as well as all the FW pavilions (side-eyeing The Seas with Who Cares and Friends). At least we're getting a much better Test Track.

So, back to topic, we can expect those tubes coming out of the square pillars-of-sorts along the embankment to be associated with the lamps, right?

So, back to topic, we can expect those tubes coming out of the square pillars-of-sorts along the embankment to be associated with the lamps, right?

Yes. BTW, they call it PVC Conduit pipe. It might be that they are there for multiple reasons, lamps, seasonal effects, and general electrical outlets.

update on the wall:

Lath/Stucco Insp
"a lath inspection for the wall and pilasters from pilasters 8 and 7"

I think the pilasters (pillars) are numbered starting from the MiB side. 8 & 7 are near San Francisco. There are 9 total.

Lath is "A thin strip of wood or metal, usually nailed in rows to framing supports as a substructure for plaster, shingles, slates, or tiles."

From Briman's update

IMG_9095.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what this means in terms of the expansion, but this sounds like it as least has some relevance....

From @skubersky

Drained ponds under Dragon Challenge smell like poo :-( @UniversalORL [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG]

Hogwarts Express station prep, me thinks?

these tracks are going to be running pretty tight it seems. Really surprised Universal hasn't decided to demolish Sinbad. to allow more room for themeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.