Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 236 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
these tracks are going to be running pretty tight it seems. Really surprised Universal hasn't decided to demolish Sinbad. to allow more room for themeing.

They put in those ticket machines in front of sinbad.I think you will get your ride time then you can watch the show while waiting.They will not need a big Que with the ticket time machines.Plus The ride exit/entrance will be on the WWoHP side. On this side it will be a wall matching the sinbad building

During construction could be the perfect time to repaint the dragons to some more realistic colors...

Black and Yellow?

3663gb.jpg

Meh. Never understood the freak out about the dragons colors. If anything, I'd rather see both tracks go light blue.

No matter how hard they try light blue does not equal invisible.

Maroon and Black. I happen to LOVE black coasters. But from what I understand, in FL Black equals grey 3 months later.

I am curious about theme park traffic flow and you guys here seem to be the experts, so I am condensing an earlier post that had no response:

Do any theme parks apply one way traffic (apart from queues)? The HP films had actors being directed where to be located in Diagon Alley, but in this DA it will have tourists with cameras and will probably be crowded and hectic. Would a roundabout traffic flow work by having entrances and exits to DA, KA and Gringotts? On the London plans there is a lone building (top right-ish) and I wonder whether this could be the central island of the traffic flow.

I am curious about theme park traffic flow and you guys here seem to be the experts, so I am condensing an earlier post that had no response:

Do any theme parks apply one way traffic (apart from queues)? The HP films had actors being directed where to be located in Diagon Alley, but in this DA it will have tourists with cameras and will probably be crowded and hectic. Would a roundabout traffic flow work by having entrances and exits to DA, KA and Gringotts? On the London plans there is a lone building (top right-ish) and I wonder whether this could be the central island of the traffic flow.

When WWOHP opened they tried the one way traffic flow with people entering from LC and exiting at JP. That did work so well so they ended up just restricting the numbers in the WWOHP.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't paint the actual rails when they paint an existing coaster track support.

Actually they do paint the rails if they are changing the color. But the part where the wheels touch wears off almost immediately.

Actually they do paint the rails if they are changing the color. But the part where the wheels touch wears off almost immediately.

They just repainted the hulk and didn't paint the rails. Why, if they were changing the color of the hulk would they paint the neutral rails too? As far as the paint wearing off immediately, the paint is still pretty red and white on HRRR.

Update: It hasn't always been customary to paint rails... first time I saw painted rails was HRRR. See Hulk below:

hulkpx00145_91.jpeg

Last edited:
When WWOHP opened they tried the one way traffic flow with people entering from LC and exiting at JP. That did work so well so they ended up just restricting the numbers in the WWOHP.

Cheers, hopefully Universal has a trick up their sleeve that allocates for a comfortable crowd capacity similar to the first film

Less than an hour ago, a post went up on Universal's intranet (Sharepoint) detailing how the backlot road from the backlot bistro grill behind the mummy (near the city facade in USF) to wardrobe (behind amity) will be closed until further notice. They are routing traffic outside of the resort backstage and through team member parking to get back by Amity and a new Gate 6. They are saying that this is due to routine maintence and infrastructure upgrades, although they mention specifically that "behind the mummy" is going to be recieving most of the "upgrades" and will be down the longest.

Status
Not open for further replies.