Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was contacted by a reporter about doing an interview with me to go along with a helicopter flight over Universal. I hated to not take that opportunity, but I had to decline because I have too much inside info and did not want to ruffle too many feathers at Universal.

I don't understand your logic here. Why do you care about ruffling the feathers of UOR or UC? Too, you have a lot of 'inside info' but you don't share it here or on your website? Or are you just talking about the stuff many of us know but you don't want to say it on camera?

Just watched... from what I can tell from the aerials, the gringotts building is only HALF built. Double its width pushing towards the right in the photos that have been taken. There are deep cement basements already built on that right side for the lower parts of the coaster.

Just watched... from what I can tell from the aerials, the gringotts building is only HALF built. Double its width pushing towards the right in the photos that have been taken. There are deep cement basements already built on that right side.

I figured it was only half built. They are still doing foundation work. I hope they post the video on their website.

Here's a great video construction update that was taken yesterday:

[video=youtube;Zm0xDDflw5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0xDDflw5M[/video]

Some screencaps:

iCbudHWeZx1HW.png

i3qZ2O9HqKlsN.png

ixXxh2nxWEIe4.png

iu5yzENAV4kzp.png

ibu3iFKv8pjptW.png

ibrtCpXaZxayeq.png

iir0R0sLvqZjm.png

iVTG6sDTYHtBq.png

Additionally, from a Dragon Challenge POV, here are some screencaps of the work being done over there. (Obviously, it's angled and not HD)

ixyh7uKroY6kV.png

ijomRfMGT7KXu.png

ibeEAZx2W5J5we.png

ib0o34TWMdzWfk.png

iYypuUTbCGBw8.png

ibwOHmf5Q1WTJS.png

ibb03MjMcixqsg.png

I remember seeing photos of some very temporary-looking walls inside the theater that were installed to block the view of construction.

Aaaah! thanks. Amazing... and those are city sized drainage culverts waiting to be installed. I was expecting to see those sized culverts all over the old amity construction site... and perhaps there was and we just didn't see it.

Teebs there have been dozens and dozens of those culverts coming in and out of the prep site next to the Royal Pacific for a couple of weeks. Try to snag a pic next visit :thumbs:

So, that WKMG piece was filed as "the theme park construction wars"... If we are to follow that theme, then we are talking Appomattox, Cologne, Hiroshima and the winner is Universal every time.

Wow, major change in 24 hours! That was dirt next to the restrooms yesterday.

That wall isn't chest level anymore! It is sit down and fall over height.

BTW, are the wall caps painted and themed as granite? The black mold drools look new to me.

Last edited:
Pretty much

I don't understand your logic here. Why do you care about ruffling the feathers of UOR or UC? Too, you have a lot of 'inside info' but you don't share it here or on your website? Or are you just talking about the stuff many of us know but you don't want to say it on camera?

Yeah Teebin,

I have had discussion with both Disney and Universal Legal before and I have a great deal of respect for their requests.

It can be surpisingly easy to get on their bad side. I have hundreds of contacts in all the parks, and get told a lot of things in confidence. It kind of sucks some time. because I have to bite my tounge.

That is why until recently I did not even post, it was too hard to keep quiet. After everyone started talking about Tranformers and HP2 I figured it was ok to chime in.

That is also why I don't do much with OrlandoRocks anymore. You can get shut down pretty quick if you step over the line.

I have had discussion with both Disney and Universal Legal before and I have a great deal of respect for their requests. It can be surpisingly easy to get on their bad side. I have hundreds of contacts in all the parks, and get told a lot of things in confidence. It kind of sucks some time. because I have to bite my tounge. You can get shut down pretty quick if you step over the line.

Always remember, if you are not an employee or contractor with the company, then you never signed a non-disclosure agreement with them. You are not obligated to anything. All of the theme park sites are "news and rumors" sites and are therefore protected. The worst they can do to you is ban you from the parks, and that is asking for trouble on their part if they are banning you for passing on "news".

Yeah well I have thousands of contacts with all kinds of info. But you know I can't tell you anything because I don't want to get on Universal or Disney's bad side because these big corporations care about me. You know I’m their worst nightmare. So oh well. I'll give you all the details after someone else talks about it first. Oh did you hear Universal is building a new HP section? WOW! :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.