Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 443 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple questions about the HE ride through the park. Are the train tracks/rails going to be elevated or just run on the ground through the back lot? Won't it look weird staring into an LED screen for the train ride effect, or will there be a window then gap for space to peer at the screen?

Great updates all around HTF! You have this Georgia boy salivating for more!

I have a couple questions about the HE ride through the park. Are the train tracks/rails going to be elevated or just run on the ground through the back lot? Won't it look weird staring into an LED screen for the train ride effect, or will there be a window then gap for space to peer at the screen?

Great updates all around HTF! You have this Georgia boy salivating for more!

The HE is elevated throughout the entire journey and its clearance minimum is 18ft. As for the window effect, don't worry about the realism of the effect. People will be blown away according to some friends who have seen it first hand. But as for your question the window or screen will appear much deeper than your eyes can detect. Thanks for the kudos btw, I'm glad people enjoy them.

Sweet!! I'm really excited to see this effect, it's definitely an iconic part of the movies that will really connect us with the series more! No pun intended. Ha

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to last night but with my buzz and trying to wait for Cinespec to start as well as hoping for some Transformers lighting I didn't make it.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant more if we are even able to see anythgin or if all he scafolding is in the way blocking us?

Last edited:
I meant more if we are even able to see anythgin or if all he scafolding is in the way blocking us?

From my experience, seeing it in person, I'm equally confused at what I'm seeing whether at night or during the day :lol: To my naked eye, it looks like a bunch of metal, and wood, and cement, all jumbled together everywhere. I actually am able to visualize and discern things better at home, looking at the pictures magnified on the computer. On a bright day, you probably can see the same as with the night lights inside the show building. I think the best thing to have is definitely a big lens for zooming in as close as you can. This is because most good pics where you see the most, are taken from quite far away. As you would assume, the closer you get to the construction zone, the closer you are to the wall, which blocks your view. I don't currently have a very big lens (I have a 18-55mm for my Rebel T3), but I can still get decent shots. Though, I'm hoping to get a bigger lens soon :thumbs:

Reactions: Eric
When is this land proposed to open? Obviously it's not even announce but I've heard anywhere from summer 2014, fall 2014, winter 2014, or 2015. Just wondering. Thanks guys

FYI: HTF is at IOA presently and let me know that Comcast execs are on property today and currently touring the WW. HTF is hot on their heels listening/watching for info as they have now wandered over to JP.

From my experience, seeing it in person, I'm equally confused at what I'm seeing whether at night or during the day :lol: To my naked eye, it looks like a bunch of metal, and wood, and cement, all jumbled together everywhere. I actually am able to visualize and discern things better at home, looking at the pictures magnified on the computer. On a bright day, you probably can see the same as with the night lights inside the show building. I think the best thing to have is definitely a big lens for zooming in as close as you can. This is because most good pics where you see the most, are taken from quite far away. As you would assume, the closer you get to the construction zone, the closer you are to the wall, which blocks your view. I don't currently have a very big lens (I have a 18-55mm for my Rebel T3), but I can still get decent shots. Though, I'm hoping to get a bigger lens soon :thumbs:

Felipe your updates are great and very much appreciated as well as HTF as always, but Felipe I am sorry to hear you don't have a very BIG lens, at least you can get some decent shots off with your little lens :lol::rofl: :shifty: :bolt:

good luck trying to get that bigger lens now but heres some :pixiedust: for ya

You guys cannot believe how active Potter is today. Three cranes going and siding is coming off of Gringotts. Issues?

Felipe your updates are great and very much appreciated as well as HTF as always, but Felipe I am sorry to hear you don't have a very BIG lens, at least you can get some decent shots off with your little lens :lol::rofl: :shifty: :bolt:

good luck trying to get that bigger lens now but heres some :pixiedust: for ya

Ok, ok... So I do have a good camera and lens with good zoom, but I want bigger, better, more, MOAR!!! Mwahahah! :lol:

:look:

You guys cannot believe how active Potter is today. Three cranes going and siding is coming off of Gringotts. Issues?

Oh! That's exciting and intriguing! Hope you can get some pics :thumbs:

Could it be that they put exterior walls on what should be part of the interior structure? (Until I looked at the water management plans again, I didn't remember/realize that what we currently have won't be the actual exterior of Gringotts) Or maybe they're looking to bring big stuff in, and they don't want this to be in the way? :shrug:

Or whatever they were trying to hide has already been hidden and they need to get something else in there.

Ooohhh... Another good possibility! :look:

Here's another camera tip- most HQ & HD camcorders have GREAT zooms, so just use a camcorder when you want to get a really close shot that you cant get with your regular camera, than capture the stills that you want off of your video. & some camcorders also already have a picture taking feature built in as well. You could also invest in a telemacro lense that just screw right on with a universal adapter, I bought a close & wide lense set for just $50 a few years ago & it was definetely worth it & have gotten great use out of them, & will be incorporating those into my updates soon as well.

Hi People,

First post but been following avidly for about a month now. Are Nassal the contractors for fabrication for this project? What other companies based in Orlando are contracted out for this work?

Hi People,

First post but been following avidly for about a month now. Are Nassal the contractors for fabrication for this project? What other companies based in Orlando are contracted out for this work?

:welcome: Andy!

Nassal is indeed working on this project, along with other contractors, of course. Not sure about the other companies, though.

Hi People,

Welcome to Orlando United! :welcome:

- - - Updated - - -

You sure? I haven't heard that late in 2015 at all and that's a long soft open

HTF and Disneyhead said it a while back.

Well here's to hoping its sooner haha

Mayor Buddy slipped up big time today and spilled the beans, during his State of the Union for Orlando address.

"Universal will be opening their Transformers the Ride later this year, followed by a major expansion to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter next year."

Mayor Buddy slipped up big time today and spilled the beans, during his State of the Union for Orlando address.

"Universal will be opening their Transformers the Ride later this year, followed by a major expansion to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter next year."

Wow so that actually happened? I wonder how they will try to back track that statement

Status
Not open for further replies.