Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 445 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics HTF. Thanks! A. I am really fascinated as to why they are building the central Gringotts facade using that formed method. Thank goodness someone will see this question and send me an email with the possible reasons. :wave: B. When they kick it into high gear, they kick it like crazy. C. This remains mostly PCL Construction correct?

Last edited:
^ Let's see what I can come up with.

After studying a few thing I have determined that poured construction over CMUs is being used due to the complexity of the building. ie: walls are not vertical.
Granted this could be done with CMUs but this construction method would give them a structure with more integrity to hang the façade off of.

Teebs, please remember this is just an educated guess. :shrug:

GWB-045.jpg

Oh yeah, great pics HtF :cheers:

Last edited:
People, Universal confirmed there was an expansion back when they announced Universal Hollywood's. Them admitting there's an expansion on the way isn't a big deal.

Great updates though. Everything is looking great. And freaking massive.

Great photos HTF!

So do we know why they are taking down the wall? And the building is going to get 15k bigger? That's crazy!

I've heard its possible something large has to go in tonight and couldn't fit in the back door. As for the 15K bigger, half of that isn't even for the queue and facade. It's for something totally different and until park rumors uncovered the city appraisal aerial photos I couldn't make sense of it. Anyone care to post an aerial photo and take a guess? Then I will explain where all this extra sq footage is going in the stash thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pics HTF. Thanks! A. I am really fascinated as to why they are building the central Gringotts facade using that formed method. Thank goodness someone will see this question and send me an email with the possible reasons. :wave: B. When they kick it into high gear, they kick it like crazy. C. This remains mostly PCL Construction correct?

It's mostly PCL with a few small subcontractors along with some of Nassal being on site as well.

I've heard its possible something large has to go in tonight and couldn't fit in the back door. As for the 15K bigger, half of that isn't even for the queue and facade. It's for something totally different and until park rumors uncovered the city appraisal aerial photos I couldn't make sense of it. Anyone care to post an aerial photo and take a guess? Then I will explain where all this extra sq footage is going in the stash thread.

- - - Updated - - -

It's mostly PCL with a few small subcontractors along with some of Nassal being on site as well.

The area to the left of the showbuilding with footers in the ground? I was wondering about that.

- - - Updated - - -

7ff345a95f79ce0547d17b4c2695b1c6_zpsb85aa720.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This can only mean they are installing the Voldermort AA tonight :pound:

As many before me have stated........this expansion is just MASSIVE! Thanks again to HTF for providing pics.:happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.