Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 448 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4_zpsb6bd93e7.jpg

What is with this engineered platform thingy? As there are so many highly zoomed photos like this it is hard to tell where it is located. Is it part of a technical and complicated entrance to Diagon Alley? We know that area looks weird on the water plans... is this part of that weird area?

4_zpsb6bd93e7.jpg

What is with this engineered platform thingy? As there are so many highly zoomed photos like this it is hard to tell where it is located. Is it part of a technical and complicated entrance to Diagon Alley? We know that area looks weird on the water plans... is this part of that weird area?

I wish I knew, I know jack about construction, let alone about the plans regarding the expansion even though I have seen them in this thread, I'm still lost. So anyone here feel free to tell me what the heck is going on in any of these photos, cause I sure dont!

If I was just guessing, I'd say its one of the other fake London buildings, as it is quite far away from Gringott's to be a part of that.

Looking at the aerials from WESH, you appear to be correct. This will be on your right as you enter. Beyond that, I have no idea what's going on.

Edit:looks to be the wall in the center of the entrance area.

Last edited:
I think it is a little of both. They definitely got to the point where they didn't have too much left right now that they could do at ground level and stay beneath the cover of the walls while also staying on schedule. However they're also probably receiving a bit of a boost from workers who were previously assigned to Transformers who have been moved over since structural work is pretty much entirely finished.

So when will we actually see construction activity on the IOA side during park open? I have yet to see anything anytime I go.

I regularly see light work being done at Hogsmeade station.

4_zpsb6bd93e7.jpg

Teebs, I'll look at the shot closer when I get home.

Yeah...so the walkway wall is pretty bad. Every one of the pillars has some kind of damage.
This actually flaked off in my hand as I was checking it out. (I kept it cause I'm a nerd.)
disclaimer: Do not intentionally damage or vandalize anything in any park.
hDqqZF7.jpg

Are they worried about a crane or other construction equipment getting in the dragons path?

I think that has something to do with but not really sure. Hell maybe they just don't want construction noise and dust bothering people as they walk into the crown jewel of the entire resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.