Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 450 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, jobri66! :wave:

I don't think any part of this project will be open in September, but I do believe that by then we should see a lot of building well on their way, so it should still be an interesting sight to behold :thumbs:

You can see in this shot that the platform sits on top of the newly poured wall.

Are you sure? It might be the angle, but especially looking at it close-up, couldn't the platform be flush with the newly poured wall? and be there to assist in the process of pouring more concrete on top of the existing wall, like pouring a wall for a 2nd floor?

WW-PhaseII-Wall_zps34333490.jpg

Last edited:
But why would you need a lift system for what amounts to double doors that look like a brick wall? I understand that there will be an effect for this, but I don't know why it would need a lift system... Just curious.

Well, what makes you think it will just be double doors that look like a brick wall? Yeeesh, I would hope it ain't that simple.

From the plans, it appears they are possibly going to do something "hinky" in that location. And when I say lift, I don't mean a lift for people.

Well, what makes you think it will just be double doors that look like a brick wall? Yeeesh, I would hope it ain't that simple.

From the plans, it appears they are possibly going to do something "hinky" in that location. And when I say lift, I don't mean a lift for people.

Thinking more of a quick-change wall lift a la Poseidon's Fury?

Thanks, I cant wait to see everything. Even if it does mean getting teased by the sight of the new Potter land.

Last edited:
At Leavesden there is a short film presentation before you start your tour. The final image in the film is a head-on of the doors to the great hall... Then lo and behold, the image fades and through the screen you see the real thing just as it was on screen. The screen rises and in you go... Perhaps something similar might be employed here (your suggestion reminded me of this Teebin).

Are you sure? It might be the angle, but especially looking at it close-up, couldn't the platform be flush with the newly poured wall? and be there to assist in the process of pouring more concrete on top of the existing wall, like pouring a wall for a 2nd floor?

WW-PhaseII-Wall_zps34333490.jpg

No, you wouldn't place wood between pours like that. From the angle I see it just looks like a temporary platform. Maybe the platform will be used for something that is complicated or heavy.

At Leavesden there is a short film presentation before you start your tour. The final image in the film is a head-on of the doors to the great hall... Then lo and behold, the image fades and through the screen you see the real thing just as it was on screen. The screen rises and in you go... Perhaps something similar might be employed here (your suggestion reminded me of this Teebin).

Hmmm... I had never heard of this. Yes, that was kind of what I was thinking of, except the projection would be live of the street at that moment. Did the effect work well?

On the other hand, perhaps there will be no effect at all! :lol:

Last edited:
No, you wouldn't place wood between pours like that. From the angle I see it just looks like a temporary platform. Maybe the platform will be used for something that is complicated or heavy.

It's possible this is the deck of a second floor structure as long as it's wood framed.

Sorry, I forgot the key word. I meant if it was possible that the platform was flush with the side of the wall, an not sitting on the top part. Like propped up to the side of the wall. Then they could have someone there on the platform while pouring a second level of the wall on top of the existing. Possible?

Let me rephrase - I didn't mean that it was literally just double doors, but I didn't think a lift would be required for a magical brick wall. The bricks swivel into each other and open into an archway. I'm not saying you're wrong - I just don't see what they would need to lift is all.
I'm very interested - what do you mean 'hinky'?

Disregard my first statement - a projection with a lift wall behind it never even crossed my mind. Should be interesting if they decide to go that route...

Last edited:

There will be one of those hinky effects within the North Station. :wave:

I have faith that Universal will make all of HP 2.0 authentic and detailed in the very best possible ways. And any word on what other shops/buildings there will most likely be in Diagon Alley?!

There will be one of those hinky effects within the North Station. :wave:

Now I love this idea. This is a great solution to the very unique problem of getting a guest to experience 'Platform 9 and 3/4'. I get why this would be used. I trust Teebin and I have no doubt that Universal is executing this in the best way possible - I just can't see it with the Diagon Alley entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.