Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 452 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the best things about WWoHP Pt. 1 potterwatch was how unexpected it all was. It'll be harder for Pt. 2 to live up because there is actually something to live up to.

But I definitely think it'll be just as ~magical, if not more so.

I think one of the best things about WWoHP Pt. 1 potterwatch was how unexpected it all was. It'll be harder for Pt. 2 to live up because there is actually something to live up to.

But I definitely think it'll be just as ~magical, if not more so.

In some ways, I think that Pt.2 will be MORE immersive than Pt.1. They had a blank slate to work with, not only in terms of space.......but also don't have to retrofit existing rides/structures. I think that once you are standing in the middle of London with no views to the rest of the studios.........it'll be absolutely magical.:happy:

I miss it dearly, IMO the greatest, most active, most mysterious themepark thread ever created. While I think we will definitely pass it in terms of length due to so much more content. I can only hope the community gets the same thrill we had in phase 1. There is just so much to live up too.

Wonder if strong arm will make an appearance?, I am hoping for gator bottles too :stunned:

I sure wish I was here for part 1, I'm sorry I missed it, so Im glad Im here for part 2. More & more each day, it makes me want to actually watch the movies so I know a bit more about what's going on, just have to find the time. If it wasnt for Universal having Potter, I honestly wouldnt otherwise have the slightest interest in watching the movies.

I don't know a good place to put this, but some HP folks were on site yesterday, shooting a few things..

Cool! Do we know who?

Shooting? Riding MIB?

:lol:

Unless they are shooting something for an announcement during construction. Hardhats and vests pointing at things and nodding with a camera up in their grill.

That's what I'd guess :shrug:

I sure wish I was here for part 1, I'm sorry I missed it, so Im glad Im here for part 2. More & more each day, it makes me want to actually watch the movies so I know a bit more about what's going on, just have to find the time. If it wasnt for Universal having Potter, I honestly wouldnt otherwise have the slightest interest in watching the movies.

Don't forget to read the books while you're at it :thumbs:

Wonder if strong arm will make an appearance?, I am hoping for gator bottles too :stunned:

:look:

Powerade_zpsa566a542.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
I don't know a good place to put this, but some HP folks were on site yesterday, shooting a few things..

Ohhh careful, that was a tight closed set yesterday. And here at OU we never share account information errr I mean top secret news :look:

Just a random fun fact, the woman who trained all of the actors to do accents for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is training myself and some of my friends to do perfect British and Yorkshire accents for our high school production of The Secret Garden...

Closed set? Is that a misdirect or was there actual filming done on one of the soundstages or in Hogsmeade or Hogwarts? Was it just promo (big announcement stuff) or an actual attraction effects shoot? Someone, please cough it up.

hatetofly you work at universal? You have such great info all the time!!

If he ever did, then he was fired about 6-9 months ago, I can assure you. :lol:

Hmmm... I had never heard of this. Did the effect work well?

We went to WBST and I don't believe the projection was on the doors. There was the initial movie on a screen, followed by a chat from the guide, after which I believe the curtains pulled back behind them (or the lights just came on to reveal) the double doors to the Great Hall. They then had a member of the audience selected to help open the doors. Not graphically amazing, but very impressive seeing the doors open to such a sight :D

Just a random fun fact, the woman who trained all of the actors to do accents for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is training myself and some of my friends to do perfect British and Yorkshire accents for our high school production of The Secret Garden...

A yorkshire accent is a british accent!!!! It annoys me... that's like saying I'm being trained in an New York and an American accent

Status
Not open for further replies.