Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 449 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...so the walkway wall is pretty bad. Every one of the pillars has some kind of damage.
This actually flaked off in my hand as I was checking it out. (I kept it cause I'm a nerd.)
disclaimer: Do not intentionally damage or vandalize anything in any park.
hDqqZF7.jpg

That's troubling. I hope they get this figured out.

-Andy

Yeah...so the walkway wall is pretty bad. Every one of the pillars has some kind of damage.
This actually flaked off in my hand as I was checking it out. (I kept it cause I'm a nerd.)
disclaimer: Do not intentionally damage or vandalize anything in any park.

That chip looks more like it's a paint/sub-coat problem as opposed to a filler problem. Maybe a combo?

4_zpsb6bd93e7.jpg

What is with this engineered platform thingy? As there are so many highly zoomed photos like this it is hard to tell where it is located. Is it part of a technical and complicated entrance to Diagon Alley? We know that area looks weird on the water plans... is this part of that weird area?

I wish I knew, I know jack about construction, let alone about the plans regarding the expansion even though I have seen them in this thread, I'm still lost. So anyone here feel free to tell me what the heck is going on in any of these photos, cause I sure dont!

If I was just guessing, I'd say its one of the other fake London buildings, as it is quite far away from Gringott's to be a part of that.

At first glance I thought it was a slip form setup. After I studied it a little more I'm just not sure. It could just be a complicated work platform. :shrug:

At first glance I thought it was a slip form setup. After I studied it a little more I'm just not sure. It could just be a complicated work platform. :shrug:

Yeah, that is similar floating floor-work (term forgotten) as we saw on the north station a short time back. What hit me odd is that there isn't a supporting side. Are they intending to pour concrete on top of it? Glad I ain't stupid (this time).

^ I should have been a little clearer in stating that it appears to be a vertical structure slip form. This is used to pour vertical structures such as walls. I do not know why they would use one on such a small pour that would usually be formed by conventional means. With this system the form moves up after a section has been poured and sets. It's very hard to tell without a shot of the other side.

Teebs you are correct in that the deck appears to be formwork. I really just can't tell.

We just need more pictures!

Hell, this website alone is right up there with Dumbledore's Army in picture taking, most importantly including you! If there were any more pictures, the site would be up for an Oscar documentary award.

...Reasons I love OU - the incredibly dedicated members.

Hell, this website alone is right up there with Dumbledore's Army in picture taking, most importantly including you! If there were any more pictures, the site would be up for an Oscar documentary award.

Well, I guess we have a new goal. Oscars here we come! :stunned:

And the army continues to get stronger!

I already posted these, but here's a few more angles of the wall:

IMG_3890_zpsa54dc268.jpg

You can see in this shot that the platform sits on top of the newly poured wall. This is NOT a vertical slip form rig. This also IMO could not be used to pour a deck as the platform would have to stay in place. This bring me back to it just being a work platform. The only other option I can come up with is that it's staying and I doubt that. Just can't wrap my head around this one. :lol:

You can see in this shot that the platform sits on top of the newly poured wall. This is NOT a vertical slip form rig. This also IMO could not be used to pour a deck as the platform would have to stay in place. This bring me back to it just being a work platform. The only other option I can come up with is that it's staying and I doubt that. Just can't wrap my head around this one. :lol:

While I do see the railings... it is a bit of overkill to be used as scaffolding is it not?

I think it is either a permenant floor structure used as a work platform or it is going to be some kind of slip form but why would it not be made of prefab slip form???

To be clear, the reason I am so interested is that if this is part of the entrance to Diagon Alley, I am looking for the possibility of a somewhat complicated practical effect. Perhaps a lift system of some kind.

To be clear, the reason I am so interested is that if this is part of the entrance to Diagon Alley, I am looking for the possibility of a somewhat complicated practical effect. Perhaps a lift system of some kind.

But why would you need a lift system for what amounts to double doors that look like a brick wall? I understand that there will be an effect for this, but I don't know why it would need a lift system... Just curious.

Hi, I have been following this with interest. I am visting Orlando in September, does anyone think that part of the expansion will be open then or how far will they have got by that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.