Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 521 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at the comments, which consist basically of things like, "THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO TAKE OUR MONEY! THEY ARE DISGRACING THE FRANCHISE".

Ha, thanks for pointing it out because the comments are too funny! One person talks about Harry Potter being it's own park, and they want people to go to USF and the stand alone HP park.

Then people going on and on about their only interest is HP, and they don't want to do anything else so they don't want to pay more. If they would just open up to experience more, let Universal Orlando entertain them. I mean no other franchise at UOR interests them at all? There is more to life than HP, and you do not necessarily need to be a fan to enjoy their other offerings IMO.

For the train talk, it may be possible to have a 3rd train always waiting in maintenance. Then they could swap it out with one of the 2 in operation whenever needed. IDK though, just throwing that out there.

how is the 4-6 week announcement thing is true too, when people here said it would happen in the fall? :look:

No one will have any idea when they are going to announce it. It will be so far up the ladder. We might know 4-7 days before, and only because of employees that know 'something is happening'. Even then, it will be a guess.

Ha, thanks for pointing it out because the comments are too funny! One person talks about Harry Potter being it's own park, and they want people to go to USF and the stand alone HP park.

Then people going on and on about their only interest is HP, and they don't want to do anything else so they don't want to pay more. If they would just open up to experience more, let Universal Orlando entertain them. I mean no other franchise at UOR interests them at all? There is more to life than HP, and you do not necessarily need to be a fan to enjoy their other offerings IMO.
Yeah, that makes me so mad. Like, both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios are SO much more than just Harry Potter.

Sad thing is, Harry Potter is what brought these parks into the lime light. So its only reasonable for people to think of these parks as nothing more, why would they until they see it for themselves?

Let me just say that I feel like its gonna be to much HP. I love it but I feel like maybe they should've chose something else.

I was at Uni and let me just say that the London area looks kinda small in person. The steel frames are high but the area itself looks cramped. I feel like its gonna be so crowded, it won't be enjoyable.

Last edited:
Announcement will be between Transformers and Halloween Horror Nights.

Sad thing is, Harry Potter is what brought these parks into the lime light. So its only reasonable for people to think of these parks as nothing more, why would they until they see it for themselves?

That is true, and the previous owners were not giving the parks enough love. A neglected park would turn into a downward spiral without something big.

I just thought some of the comments were hilarious, and some of the people have been there before...

"This sound awesome! However, I am disappointed that you will have to pay for BOTH parks now to see the whole Wizarding World. It's bad enough that I had to pay full Islands of Adventure park admission when I had zero interest in any other part but now I have to pay for Universal Studios too? Sounds like a little price gouging to me as they know fans will pay :("

I mean, if I think about Disney there may be 2 attractions per park that are must do for me. But I gotta go to 4 different parks? But I am not going to just ignore everything else, ya know. I go to have a good time and experience anything else that interests me.

Let me just say that I feel like its gonna be to much HP. I love it but I feel like maybe they should've chose something else.

I was at Uni and let me just say that the London area looks kinda small in person. The steel frames are high but the area itself looks cramped. I feel like its gonna be so crowded, it won't be enjoyable.

I do believe that the intention is to make the area feel small and cramped when in all reality its gonna be fine. I swear to you Uni knows what they're doing.

Announcement will be between Transformers and Halloween Horror Nights.

*Cough* D23 *Cough*

Right before or after is anyone's best guess, but all signs point to projects brewing at Disney and I'm betting the house that Universal will want their share of the limelight.

I'm actually kind of hoping for right before so it forces Disney's hand to actually do something. :pray:

More projects from both companies is a good thing as it means more tourist interest overall for Orlando.

Only shot I managed to take of the Hogsmeade Station side . . .

HS-052.jpg

First off I would like to give a shout out to the new friends I met near the old Amity bathrooms yesterday, "Hi, nice talking to you".

From yesterday . . .

WWoHP-076.jpg

WWoHP-077.jpg

WWoHP-078.jpg

WWoHP-079.jpg

WWoHP-080.jpg

WWoHP-081.jpg

WWoHP-082.jpg

WWoHP-083.jpg

WWoHP-084.jpg

WWoHP-085.jpg

WWoHP-086.jpg

WWoHP-087.jpg

WWoHP-088.jpg

WWoHP-089.jpg

WWoHP-090.jpg

WWoHP-091.jpg

WWoHP-092.jpg

WWoHP-093.jpg

WWoHP-094.jpg

Check out the Secret Stash for one more "special" image. :thumbs:

I'd like to add my own experience with uni & disney. The only thing that got me on a plane and to florida was going to wwohp. We stayed at Disney, but did all of uni over a few days. It was supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing because of cost. It turned out being the best week of our lives. wwohp was awesome and what brought us but everything was amazing. if other HP fans are too narrow minded to see what there is to offer thats their loss. We've been saving like crazy for the last year and a half so we can go back this october. I truly love both Disney and Universal. We've saved enough to stay 9 full days at least 3 or 4 will be at Uni.

I'd like to add my own experience with uni & disney. The only thing that got me on a plane and to florida was going to wwohp. We stayed at Disney, but did all of uni over a few days. It was supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing because of cost. It turned out being the best week of our lives. wwohp was awesome and what brought us but everything was amazing. if other HP fans are too narrow minded to see what there is to offer thats their loss. We've been saving like crazy for the last year and a half so we can go back this october. I truly love both Disney and Universal. We've saved enough to stay 9 full days at least 3 or 4 will be at Uni.

i know this feeling all to well. Me and my fiance are saving for our next trip at the moment will be saving for the next year + to go in september next year. We are thinking this will be our last visit in a good few years now as it just isn't affordable any more so we are going out with a bang for an entire month. We are getting married there as well. Just truly hope phase two will be open or in softs at least by then.

--- Great pics bob :thumbs:

i know this feeling all to well. Me and my fiance are saving for our next trip at the moment will be saving for the next year + to go in september next year. We are thinking this will be our last visit in a good few years now as it just isn't affordable any more so we are going out with a bang for an entire month. We are getting married there as well. Just truly hope phase two will be open or in softs at least by then.

Congrats! my wife and I have been married for 17 awesome years. I hope you will be as happy as we are.

--- Great pics bob :thumbs:

Congrats! my wife and I have been married for 17 awesome years. I hope you will be as happy as we are.

Your hoping for it to be open by when? September 2014? And congrats on 17 years, my wife and I have been together for 11 years but only married for nearly 3.

For the train talk, it may be possible to have a 3rd train always waiting in maintenance. Then they could swap it out with one of the 2 in operation whenever needed. IDK though, just throwing that out there.

Considering the lines at IoA, I think these views are not shared by the majority of those at Mugglenet, let alone those who visit IoA.

Status
Not open for further replies.