Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 609 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, it will be another geographical location (that could even potentially be used for filming more than other locations of the park could)

It will be like the UK Pavilion at EPCOT, but with stuff to do.

Ha ha love this

It could but from what many seem to be promoting is the idea that you will not NEED a Multi park ticket to ride the attraction. You will just need one to get off the ride into the section of a park you did not enter in.

Okay. It's an interesting possibility though. It would be a great way for them to increase upgrades to multi-park tickets, although it would likely cause quite a few guest service complaints in the process.

Everybody, it is a studios park! Go to a real studio backlot and there is London next to New York, next to Mexico, next to some Dr. Seuss town. That is how backlots work, they only point the cameras in angles that get the theme they want. So you can't say this areas theme does not match that areas theme, the mix of themes is the grander theme of the whole park.
I wasn't sure exactly what they were doing there.

But thanks for clarifying. Now i'm actually looking forward to it.

One of these days people will learn that sarcastic rhetoric really gets you nowhere in life.

It's amazing how quiet this thing has been. Of course its completely expected since we cant see whats going on inside but its shockingly quiet.

So now that they've announced this thing how much longer y'all think until the lion heads and fish lamps get here??

So now that they've announced this thing how much longer y'all think until the lion heads and fish lamps get here??

I think we'll see those get installed around the same time the building facades go on. Maybe this fall? :shrug:
Hopefully they've sorted out the issues with the waterfront stonework.

Okay. It's an interesting possibility though. It would be a great way for them to increase upgrades to multi-park tickets, although it would likely cause quite a few guest service complaints in the process.

That's okay though. Guest services stopped taking complaints from guests :rofl:

Not sure if this has been said before, but I'd really like them to finish the facade facing the lagoon first, bring down the construction walls, and just board up the entrances while they work on the rest of the inside of Diagon Alley. It may or may not be efficient, but I'm sure we'd all like to see the new Universal skyline as soon as humanly possible.

Not sure if this has been said before, but I'd really like them to finish the facade facing the lagoon first, bring down the construction walls, and just board up the entrances while they work on the rest of the inside of Diagon Alley. It may or may not be efficient, but I'm sure we'd all like to see the new Universal skyline as soon as humanly possible.

I'm pretty sure we're all with you on that :thumbs:

That's the game plan.

Hire me, Universal.

Same here! Btw Sorry to go off topic here for a second but did you guys now if you work at Universal/City Walk area you can get into Busch Gardens for free?! My friends told me that Universal owns some of or have something involved with Busch Gardens? I don't know exactly what they meant but I did not know this at all. So basically if you work at Universal you get into Universal Studios/IOA/Busch Gardens all the time FREE. Good lord I need to work at Universal! I've always wanted to anyways.

Same here! Btw Sorry to go off topic here for a second but did you guys now if you work at Universal/City Walk area you can get into Busch Gardens for free?! My friends told me that Universal owns some of or have something involved with Busch Gardens? I don't know exactly what they meant but I did not know this at all. So basically if you work at Universal you get into Universal Studios/IOA/Busch Gardens all the time FREE. Good lord I need to work at Universal! I've always wanted to anyways.

Yes, this is true! We get into Busch Gardens Tampa as well as SeaWorld for free!

There's no ownership overlap between the two. It's something parks (except for Disney) usually do. As a perk for their often underpaid employees they get into other parks in the area for free. Universal TMs get into Sea World and Busch Gardens (Disney and Legoland don't participate). In turn Sea World and Busch Gardens TMs get into USF and IOA for free. It's a perk that costs them nothing, but makes the low pay more bearable. It's a common thing, six flags and cedar fair work those deals at most of their parks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.