Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 636 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You.....have to pay to use a restroom in London.....?

No wonder Voldemort hates muggles so much

That's when you can find one, yes. Granted, this pertains to public restrooms. Now, we were in line waiting for our tour bus to depart for Leavesden, when an older gent got out of line to use the restroom in the deli. Wasn't a few minutes later the girl working there was following him out the door raising all sorts of hell with him for doing so. No available public restroom or not, there's little reason for all that. I felt for the guy. And from that point on, I never even bothered to ask to use the non-pay facilities.

*edit* Yup, thread derailed by toilet talk. We'll get back to Potter now, LOL. :p

That's when you can find one, yes. Granted, this pertains to public restrooms. Now, we were in line waiting for our tour bus to depart for Leavesden, when an older gent got out of line to use the restroom in the deli. Wasn't a few minutes later the girl working there was following him out the door raising all sorts of hell with him for doing so. No available public restroom or not, there's little reason for all that. I felt for the guy. And from that point on, I never even bothered to ask to use the non-pay facilities.

*edit* Yup, thread derailed by toilet talk. We'll get back to Potter now, LOL. :p

Sorry, I just had to join in. I visited England for the first time last summer for my honeymoon. I did notice less public washrooms than we have here in Toronto. But I was very proud of myself when I figured that the best place to find a free/clean washroom were the art galleries and museums. Everytime I had to go (and if I wasn't in a restaurant), I'd pop on over to one.

And about Potter: Does anyone think it might be possible that we might be getting more elaborate seasonal overlays once Diagon opens?

And about Potter: Does anyone think it might be possible that we might be getting more elaborate seasonal overlays once Diagon opens?

Man I wish this were true. Can you imagine Halloween and Christmas at the Wizarding World? I'd die of happiness.

Christmas throughout all of Potter in both parks is being tossed around at the moment but would only include elaborate decor, a new frog choir performance, and limited time food and beverage options along with seasonal merchandise opportunities. It wouldn't be its own headline event so to speak like Grinchmas or Macy's but more along the lines of an addition to the holiday line up. Granted this is all speculation and just what I overhead is all and things change a lot more than people can imagine right now...

Christmas throughout all of Potter in both parks is being tossed around at the moment but would only include elaborate decor, a new frog choir performance, and limited time food and beverage options along with seasonal merchandise opportunities. It wouldn't be its own headline event so to speak like Grinchmas or Macy's but more along the lines of an addition to the holiday line up. Granted this is all speculation and just what I overhead is all and things change a lot more than people can imagine right now...

Wow, even that sounds amazing. And people would go crazy over limited time goodies. I hope this comes to fruition.

I'm not a huge Harry Potter guy, but don't most of the students go home for Christmas, making it pretty boring around the Wizarding World around that time?

I'm not a huge Harry Potter guy, but don't most of the students go home for Christmas, making it pretty boring around the Wizarding World around that time?

Haha, Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year in Orlando.

I think he meant Hogwarts students go home for Christmas. But that's neither here nor there. Hogsmeade is a working village where people live and shop and eat, and Diagon Alley is a shopping district in London so it would definitely be busy.

I've always wished, and half-expected, they would do something more in terms of holiday overlays. As for seasonal foods, could we finally see a hot Butterbeer iteration?

In the books some students, specifically Harry, stay at Hogwarts for Christmas. They decorate the great hall with giant x-mas trees and have a feast. And the teachers all get drunk :)

Going back to the issue of being crowded at Christmas, it's not just Christmas making it crowded, and people don't typically consider this but in addition to Christmas, there is also New Years, and the big BIG wildcard, at least 7 college football bowl games from late December until January 1. The last time I went at Christmas was 2010, when my beloved Crimson Tide were playing in the Capitol One Bowl in Orlando. Alabama fans travel very well. We brought over 20,000 people to Hawaii for a regular season game. It was a madhouse in Orlando that year, and they actually shut down the gates at Islands of Adventure for three consecutive days around 3 o'clock. But that obviously has zero tie in to the Wizarding World.

That's all I'd want! I don't need it to be a headliner, but the books are always pointing out all the festive decor at Christmas time. It would be amazing to see it in person.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year in Orlando.

Christmas itself, yes. But the theme parks also tend to forget about Thanksgiving and start putting up Christmas decor right after Halloween. And apart from Thanksgiving week and the week of Christmas through New Years, the rest of the holiday season is relatively light. I thoroughly enjoy visiting the parks in early December as it is usually very slow and you can still take in all the decor.

I think a Hot Pumpkin Juice would be delightful.

Don't pay for it at the Wizarding World even if they do come out with it. Target sells an apple juice drink with orange and pumpkin and cinnamon around the holidays or through out the year (I can't remember which) but it is $2 for a whole jug versus $6 for a bottle at the Wizarding world. The Target juice drink tastes EXACTLY like it. I brought home a bottle of Pumkin Juice and compared it to that and there was no difference in taste :thumbs:

Don't pay for it at the Wizarding World even if they do come out with it. Target sells an apple juice drink with orange and pumpkin and cinnamon around the holidays or through out the year (I can't remember which) but it is $2 for a whole jug versus $6 for a bottle at the Wizarding world. The Target juice drink tastes EXACTLY like it. I brought home a bottle of Pumkin Juice and compared it to that and there was no difference in taste :thumbs:

I don't drink it just for the sake of drinking it. Yes, it tastes good. But I drink it in the Wizarding World because it makes me feel more immersed in the Wizarding World. At home it's just a sugary drink that I probably shouldn't be drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.