Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I care about is not losing Mythos and PF, I don't mind some of the island being replaced, but having the full island replace would seem like such a waste of some of the best theming I've ever seen in a theme park.

I'm honestly indifferent. I love Mythos and PF, but I'd welcome a doubled WWoHP as well.

The reason I cling so tightly to LC is that it is the only one of the main six islands that is not based on any franchises. It's totally unique. Seeing the Pyrrock and Blizzrock statues demolished was pretty devastating; honestly one of the saddest theme park events I know of. I don't want to see the rest of LC demolished as well.

Considering the attention to detail and accuracy in the current Wizarding World, no, I don't think it's crazy to bring up geography. - _-

Yes it would when nothing is geographically correct right now at all. Yes Hogsmeade is near the school, but not next to it, the train station is not in Hogsmeade either, but in between the school and town, and there is no Ollivanders in Hogsmeade. Rules are bent, not broken, which would be the case for Diagon Alley.

Diagon Alley would be breaking them. Adding a branch store of Olivanders is bending.

But as it is, I simply cannot think of anything else that could possibly go where they're considering expanding it. So I'm not saying it's not possible; I just wouldn't like it.

Yes it would when nothing is geographically correct right now at all. Yes Hogsmeade is near the school, but not next to it, the train station is not in Hogsmeade either, but in between the school and town, and there is no Ollivanders in Hogsmeade. Rules are bent, not broken, which would be the case for Diagon Alley.

I watched Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone the other day and the train station actually has a sign that says "Hogsmeade", though WWOHP's Hogsmeade Station looks different, since it's not in the village per se.

What kind of attractions could be in Diagon Alley besides Gringott's coaster?

Exactly. Well said. Thematics of the Islands have always been a clash from everything a part of a particular part of culture or property.

The Wizaridng World is a mash up of very popular things from the stories.

Marvel is a mash up and clashes tons of times in a metropolis that some how includes NY and other comic book areas including a desert military testing bunker.

Toon Lagoon features Canada and an American port in toony fashion right across from each other.

And these are just to name a few of all the examples. Nothing from the intelectual properties are perfect because like the backstory that originally brought these islands together there they have samples of all the things that make these legendary places popular.

And remember, its all magic. They could build a long "enchanted tunnel" that connect Diagon Alley directly to Hogsmeade for muggles to be able to visit both places. Something like that are within the realm of the magical world.

My big gripe with adding Diagon Alley is that its primarily a shopping district, and Hogsmeade is already a great shopping area. Did anything really adventurous ever happen in Diagon Alley? If WWOHP needs anything (which I don't believe it does), I'd say add the Leaky Cauldron (it'd do well with another restaurant with more seating) and maybe maybe maybe a flat ride and Diagon Alley could be WWOHP's third mini-land. Doubling the WWOHP is wildly unnecessary. WWOHP has 3 coasters (technically) and a brilliant E-ticket dark ride; what is missing?

Nothing is. It has a complete feel and nothing else has ever been done in that magnitude for one property. Logistics for a theme park show they have done it perfectly. You are absolutely right.

Also yes the crowds are crazy in the tiny stores but people have to remember in a few years you are going to have much more ease and the intemecy feel of those tiny shops will be so much cooler and you will appreciate it more because instead of shutting some of them down they will be able to keep them all as a great experience. They knew what they were doing.

Wel JKR made them make the shops that small. The only one that needs to be redone is the Owl Post and Dervish and Banges. But I'm not complaining at all.

I'm going to say that this "Lee" guy may raise my expectations, but I'm not going to choose a 'side'. Although I'm going to say that I'm with The Decemberists and Mantaguy on the fact that Diagon Alley and Ministry of Magic aren't going to be included. If Universal is going to do this, they had better do it correctly. Like previously stated, putting Ollivander's in Hogsmeade is bending the rules, but placing a Diagon Alley where you can see Hogwarts is breaking them. J.K. Rowling ended up agreeing after feeling pressure to have these themes in a small stretch of land, but going as far as those two places would be too far. The train ride just seems way too far off and a whole new crowd system would have to be implemented. These ride ideas sound so cool, but they just won't happen.

For now, I pray that JP is given love for hiding the castle, WWoHP is given an ample addition with a larger rock facade, Dragons redone, and a better line flow system on FJ, LC gets a new E-ticket attraction in place of Sinbad, USF and CityWalk get many new facades to beautify them even more, a Kong ride is added to the park, and a new water park is added for 2030. Call the resort "Universal City Orlando".

I'm going to say that this "Lee" guy may raise my expectations, but I'm not going to choose a 'side'. Although I'm going to say that I'm with The Decemberists and Mantaguy on the fact that Diagon Alley and Ministry of Magic aren't going to be included. If Universal is going to do this, they had better do it correctly. Like previously stated, putting Ollivander's in Hogsmeade is bending the rules, but placing a Diagon Alley where you can see Hogwarts is breaking them. J.K. Rowling ended up agreeing after feeling pressure to have these themes in a small stretch of land, but going as far as those two places would be too far. The train ride just seems way too far off and a whole new crowd system would have to be implemented. These ride ideas sound so cool, but they just won't happen.

For now, I pray that JP is given love for hiding the castle, WWoHP is given an ample addition with a larger rock facade, Dragons redone, and a better line flow system on FJ, LC gets a new E-ticket attraction in place of Sinbad, USF and CityWalk get many new facades to beautify them even more, a Kong ride is added to the park, and a new water park is added for 2030. Call the resort "Universal City Orlando".

They could hide the castle, or something along those lines. I'm convinced it's going to be Diagon Alley, but to each and his own, I stick by my previous statement: An expansion IS happening, and you guys are going to have to say good bye to LC...

Ok kids... this probably has nothing to do with WWoHP... but a contract has been picked up for demolition of something big at UOR. I have no idea what it is and it could be backstage stuff, one of the older buildings perhaps. Perhaps the supervisors building behind Sinbad or PF that has been spoken of. This is not comptroller hype, it is a word spoken into my ear just a short time ago. It sounded big because I know details I cannot repeat here. It is happening... contract awarded... so what is it? Any guesses?

Ok kids... this probably has nothing to do with WWoHP... but a contract has been picked up for demolition of something big at UOR. I have no idea what it is and it could be backstage stuff, one of the older buildings perhaps. Perhaps the supervisors building behind Sinbad or PF that has been spoken of. This is not comptroller hype, it is a word spoken into my ear just a short time ago. It sounded big because I know details I cannot repeat here. It is happening... contract awarded... so what is it? Any guesses?

Could be anything.......Rockit...:lol::-X

Oh, and another story that I have to tell you. It is humorous and goofy. So, I am chatting today with one of my grandest sources who has vast connections in the theme park biz (jealousy inducing actually) . I had mentioned this phase II thingy to this person a week ago. So, today we were talking and I said, "So, have you found out anything about this HP phase II stuff yet?" the person replied with, "no, not yet, who should I call???" I literally did the bugs bunny look towards the imaginary camera and then replied, "Um... last I noticed you have a bunch of connections in the industry, right?" This person replied, "Yeah". I replied, "WELL CALL THEM ALL!!!"

End of kooky story.

Perhaps the supervisors building behind Sinbad or PF that has been spoken of.

Are you referring to this building?:

WWOHP+Phase+2+Building+Demolition.png

Last edited:
If Universal is going to do this, they had better do it correctly.

After seeing what Universal did with the WWoHP to date I am astounded anyone on this board would doubt or question or even raise an eyebrow about anything they might do in Phase II.

Sounds like demo will begin behind the scenes in preparation for more demo later on.

hatetofly, you should very much know that I would never ask anything like that and still be completely honest, especially me, haha. I'm saying that these ideas are not going to cut it since Universal has an agreement with Jo, and unless it makes complete sense in her stories or at least it fits within the boundaries, it will not go. Like the Ollivander's shop. It would make sense that Ollivander would want to create a branch within the realm of Hogsmeade, like for students with broken wands, or students who desire another wand. Walking straight from Hogsmeade to the Ministry of Magic, Diagon Alley, etc. doesn't make sense, especially geographically. I CAN see the entrance being pushed back and a slight expansion of Hogsmeade for a couple new shops, but that is kind of... odd. It by no means denotes that I wouldn't visit it, cry again, and die again (multiple times, lol), it's just that it wouldn't make sense to Jo. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.