Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea guys we need to :focus:

Its still curious what they would do with a Phase 2 expansion, as there are many things that can be covered, that haven't been covered, so who knows, we shall see.

Yea guys we need to :focus:

Its still curious what they would do with a Phase 2 expansion, as there are many things that can be covered, that haven't been covered, so who knows, we shall see.

Well, I don't mind ending the timeline discussion, but IMO it's not off topic because it has to do with what can reasonably be included in an expansion.

Well, I don't mind ending the timeline discussion, but IMO it's not off topic because it has to do with what can reasonably be included in an expansion.

Which includes anything.

A while back I quoted something from Orlando Attractions Magazine (summer 2010 issue) that said there would be something added after Deathly Hallows. A "portkey" is what was said exactly. No idea what this could mean though.

Its possible it will be a portkey to Diagon Alley, that would be the only resonable solution for an expansion and have indoor Gringotts coaster. What other possible attractions could they do?

Just some random ideas off the top of my head, not thinking of location or sensibility.

Ministry of Magic
Weasley House Walk Through- (Similar to Swiss Family Treehouse)
Labyrinth - The 3rd Task from Goblet of Fire

I would love a Weasley house walk through, unless they replace Poseidon with the walkthrough, won't make too much sense, not to mention the Weasley house is in a small space, not a big house, if you think lines are bad now.....

Ministry would definitely work as a building you could go in,or a facade.

I would love a Weasley house walk through, unless they replace Poseidon with the walkthrough, won't make too much sense, not to mention the Weasley house is in a small space, not a big house, if you think lines are bad now.....

Ministry would definitely work as a building you could go in,or a facade.

Maybe there could be different entrances to the Ministry like in the books/movies where you can use flu powder, a telephone booth, etc.

Ideas for expansion:

Gringotts coaster at the Sinbad plot

Ministry of Magic Walktrough/Tour in Poseidon

Retheme area around Sinbad to a small Diagon Alley with Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour and a shop or two.

Keep Mythos as a monument to LC. I know it's possible to do so while also retheming the rest of the land to Potter.

I still think they need something with a voldemourt and dumbledore duel...or at least voldemourt needs to make an appearance somewhere!

Here's what they should do in an expansion (IMO)
They should make another attraction "in" Hogwarts to give a more thorough tour. I know the FJ line is already supposed to be a tour, but there's still a lot we didn't see. So I would like a dark ride that takes us on a tour of the castle ala Haunted Mansion.

I would like an attraction that involves flying on broomsticks. Maybe they could make a ride similar to either Soarin' or ET where Harry takes us on brooms (with comfortable seats attached :lol:) allowing us to visit more of the Wizarding World.

They definitely need to get the Magiquest wand thing sorted out. I don't want to pay for a stick of wood that does nothing.

I'd like the Forbidden Forest to be enlarged, into a kind of interactive area similar to Camp Jurassic but more detailed and with more effects.

And re-theme (and update) Poseidon to HP with an epic duel (maybe at the Ministry) between Dumbledore and Voldemort.

Personally I don't want Diagon Alley. It would be so extremely similar to Hogsmeade that it would feel really redundant.

I would like an attraction that involves flying on broomsticks. Maybe they could make a ride similar to either Soarin' or ET where Harry takes us on brooms (with comfortable seats attached :lol:) allowing us to visit more of the Wizarding World.

The three existing attractions are already all about flying. I wouldn't want another "flying" attraction.

i think replacing Poseidon with some sort battle sequence (dept. of mysteries, battle of hogwarts, etc.) would be cool

I would like an attraction that involves flying on broomsticks. Maybe they could make a ride similar to either Soarin' or ET

Isn't that basically what FJ is? haha

--- Update ---

Only one problem with everyone saying they want the battle thing(other than canon, but forgetting that for a second), is that JK said she doesn't want walk around characters of or actors playing any of the main characters.

Isn't that basically what FJ is? haha

--- Update ---

Only one problem with everyone saying they want the battle thing(other than canon, but forgetting that for a second), is that JK said she doesn't want walk around characters of or actors playing any of the main characters.

Hypothetically, they could have the on (water) screen fight sequence Poseidon has now, with the original actors.

Hmmm... I really wish this thread had rumors per its title. Perhaps we could start a Wizarding World Dreamy Dreams thread?

Fortunately/Unfortunately I have some news... Unfortunately I cannot share it as it is known by too few people. That is why I waited and waited until just recently to "show" a member on here why I had some early leads and insights into the current WW long before it opened. By then, info was watered down enough through the theme park industry and many of the current WW contractors have since gone out of business. So, as soon as I get a green light, which could be quite some time... no annoying Teebin riddles. In the meantime, keep your eye out at the Edinburgh airport for UC folks selling their wares.

Wow, that many are out of business? Is it BECAUSE of WW they are out of business? Too much work, too little pay? Or because of the economy?

I would think Disney would hire some of these people to do the scenery for the expansion right now.

Hmmm... I really wish this thread had rumors per its title. Perhaps we could start a Wizarding World Dreamy Dreams thread?

Fortunately/Unfortunately I have some news... Unfortunately I cannot share it as it is known by too few people. That is why I waited and waited until just recently to "show" a member on here why I had some early leads and insights into the current WW long before it opened. By then, info was watered down enough through the theme park industry and many of the current WW contractors have since gone out of business. So, as soon as I get a green light, which could be quite some time... no annoying Teebin riddles. In the meantime, keep your eye out at the Edinburgh airport for UC folks selling their wares.

I am going to take this as things are moving forward.

Wow, that many are out of business? Is it BECAUSE of WW they are out of business? Too much work, too little pay? Or because of the economy?

The industry is WAY more complicated then that Vyrus and the number of companies too vast. Specialty contractors won major packages from Uni (huge packages that included many things they don't even do) and their subcontractors either bid too low or just made piss-poor business decisions. FACT: In the end, many of the things you see in the WW were passed on and on from later defunk subcontractor to subcontractor AND, in the end, even though the final sub finished the project... they too went out of business.

Indeed, some of the stuff that was completed by the subcontractors were rejected by Uni and then had to be reworked by the contractor that never specialized in that area of art in the first place. It was nasty, and many of the artists that created what is currently on view visited not recognizing that which they thought was finished. Sorry to go on so, but I find all of this fascinating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.