Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way! They didn't include anything like that in the Harry Potter Exhibition! I'm jealous. Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I agree that a Hogwarts Express ride would be pretty boring, and I'm a hardcore HP fan. For me, it's enough to simply see the Hogwarts Express train. I have no desire to ride a train simulator. They can make a far more magical and exciting ride based on something else.

:wave:

No way! They didn't include anything like that in the Harry Potter Exhibition! I'm jealous. Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I agree that a Hogwarts Express ride would be pretty boring, and I'm a hardcore HP fan. For me, it's enough to simply see the Hogwarts Express train. I have no desire to ride a train simulator. They can make a far more magical and exciting ride based on something else.

I know, it looks pretty nice! I wish there were more pics of it... Did you go to the Exhibition? I didn't have a chance :(

I have to agree with everyone on the Hogwarts Express ride. I'm satisfied with the Hogwarts Express we already have. I'd rather they make better use of the space with something new.

Reactions: Sideshow Mike
I know, it looks pretty nice! I wish there were more pics of it... Did you go to the Exhibition? I didn't have a chance :(

I did. The first stop was Chicago, if you recall, and I live in Wisconsin. There was no way I was gonna miss out on it. It was quite neat - the creature props were awesome. The centaurs look rather nightmare-worthy up close, and the dementor was just awesome. Very busy, so I didn't get a chance to linger and look as much as I wanted to, but hey...I got to throw a Quaffle. :rofl:

I have to agree with everyone on the Hogwarts Express ride. I'm satisfied with the Hogwarts Express we already have. I'd rather they make better use of the space with something new.

I am however, kind of strangely down for the idea of the WWW ride. Not sure it can be pulled off effectively, but if it could, it would be very interesting.

I am however, kind of strangely down for the idea of the WWW ride. Not sure it can be pulled off effectively, but if it could, it would be very interesting.

An old rumor I had been told (dunno if I ever posted it here, there's been so much info coming in to me over the past few months) said that there would be 2 large scale rides and one smaller ride.

I think a small, C-level dark ride (like in Fantasyland) through WWW would be an amazing little addition to the land. A ride with a Mr Toad's Wild Ride feel would be incredible.

An old rumor I had been told (dunno if I ever posted it here, there's been so much info coming in to me over the past few months) said that there would be 2 large scale rides and one smaller ride.

I think a small, C-level dark ride (like in Fantasyland) through WWW would be an amazing little addition to the land. A ride with a Mr Toad's Wild Ride feel would be incredible.

Completely agreed. A little fiber-optic firework finale would bring a smile to my grizzled face.

I like the idea of including the WWW shop in a ride, but a whole ride of the WWW? It'd be kind of a short ride, IMO. :shrug:

You doubt the Weasley's ability to put on show?! Hahaha. I'd assume that if we had something like that, we'd be going through the Weasley's showroom and they're "backroom" and have some pretty interesting "interactive" displays.

You doubt the Weasley's ability to put on show?! Hahaha. I'd assume that if we had something like that, we'd be going through the Weasley's showroom and they're "backroom" and have some pretty interesting "interactive" displays.

They could add a lot of humor into a WWW ride/attraction. Not to mention colorful, exploding things. It'd be hard to pull off, but if done right...

WWoHP could base a ride on Deathly Hollows part 1 that simulates running through the woods, taking a quick and awkward dance break, and back to more running. Though I admittedly like the idea of Diagon and Knockturn better.

They could add a lot of humor into a WWW ride/attraction. Not to mention colorful, exploding things. It'd be hard to pull off, but if done right...

:doh: Duh! You guys are right! I was thinking more inside the box, just a simple ride around the shop. Now, a guided tour with the twins would be pretty cool! It'd be fun and funny, and there could be lots of cool special effects with all their products!

I'm still waiting for a mega attraction for Phase II, and I believe we'll get it. Someone once quoted to me "what we're working on now will make FJ look like yesterday's ride system." Now, I'm not sure if they meant this to go to Potter or elsewhere, but someone is getting another highly technical attraction.

I'm still waiting for a mega attraction for Phase II, and I believe we'll get it. Someone once quoted to me "what we're working on now will make FJ look like yesterday's ride system." Now, I'm not sure if they meant this to go to Potter or elsewhere, but someone is getting another highly technical attraction.

It's potter.

Uh....

We've been talking about the mega attraction for awhile. The rumor is it's supposed to be based on the Gringott's coaster concept.

--- Update ---

WWoHP could base a ride on Deathly Hollows part 1 that simulates running through the woods, taking a quick and awkward dance break, and back to more running. Though I admittedly like the idea of Diagon and Knockturn better.

DH Pt 1 is Speed compared to the first half of DH the book. Seriously, they did a good job of making the most uniteresting section of any of the books interesting. It's a beautifully shot and acted film.

DH Pt 1 is Speed compared to the first half of DH the book. Seriously, they did a good job of making the most uniteresting section of any of the books interesting. It's a beautifully shot and acted film.

While I must disagree (short of the Three Brothers, I found the film dreadfully stale), I think you missed the comedic inflection of my post.

While I must disagree (short of the Three Brothers, I found the film dreadfully stale), I think you missed the comedic inflection of my post.

I got the comedy, just pointing out that if you thought that was bad you should try reading the 400 pages that inspired it. If you think looking at pretty portrayals of the English countryside is boring, you should try reading 300+ pages of pointless bickering and descriptions of camping locations.

I got the comedy, just pointing out that if you thought that was bad you should try reading the 400 pages that inspired it. If you think looking at pretty portrayals of the English countryside is boring, you should try reading 300+ pages of pointless bickering and descriptions of camping locations.

I have. Three times, actually. And it's my least favorite book just to put into perspective how many times I've read the others ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.